Why do you write?

Why do you write?
Serious question, why?
It seems like a lot of effort spent on the medium that lost its potency long time ago. Poetry is dead, philosophy is retarded, fiction is done better in film and videogames, and your life wasn't interesting enough for non-fiction autobiography. You have nothing meaningful or important to say. Whether your goal is vanity or genuine artistic achievement, nobody will ever give a shit about your scribbles. And don't try that 'I write for myself' bullshit, you know it's just an excuse.
Isn't it about time you faced reality?

>fiction is done better in film and videogames

1/10 thread, I replied.

>utilitarism

>I have nothing important to say so you don't either
Stop standing in my sunlight, pleb.

it's true desu

Nothing you do will ever be remembered. The only things that are remembered are those written down. Why? Because it's the best medium for expressing ideas worth a damn.

Dead, empty eyes.

mutt

Alice is a lovely girl with a purest heart, but please, stay on topic

>Serious question, why?
Mostly for reconstruction of arguments by my favorite philosophers and my replies and critiques to them.

>And don't try that 'I write for myself' bullshit, you know it's just an excuse.
I write for Kant who is my spirit guardian. Thank you very much.

I write non-fiction that isn't autobiographical.

r u kantbro or merely an epigone of his?

You had me up to "video games".

she looks like thome yorke so much i cant even fap to that

I feel like it is something worth striving and working for, especially in comparison to everything else

Just a newfag yet intrigued. Archive, trip, name?

why you posting pictures of MissAlice94 senpai?
U wank to her often?

>your life wasn't interesting enough for non-fiction autobiography. You have nothing meaningful or important to say.

My life has been pretty interesting. Maybe yours hasn't, but plenty of people I know had very interesting lives, for the good or bad.

In the archive somewhere. No name, but quasi-avatar use of kant's death mask, various pictures of celestial formations, preserved human anatomy, etc. Very knowledgeable of a conventional reading of Kant. Articulate and patient in the extreme. Stand up lad, basically. (Might actually be a grill, but I refer to them as kantbro regardless). Worth looking up, if you're interested in Kant. Anything from the past 2-3 years, I would think. Posted on most threads on Kant, so just look for those.

I enjoy writing and sharing my work with people who also seem to enjoy it.

I write because I have no friends except for the voices in my head I talk to and I think it's nice to try doing something with them besides just talking.

I am thralled to the inscrutable exhortations of my soul.

Mimetic desire. I covet the cleverness and success of my literary hero. I want to be him, but that is impossible. I must be satisfied with wearing his mirror image. Even that is a heroic task for a pleb like me.

who is hosting lit archives these days

because I tried to make videogames for almost a decade and failed, and now simply want to improve, practice and be someone important in one skill.

also, writing is one of the least technically demanding skills in terms of motor coordination, but is also one of the most dificult to pull off properly.

The same reason why people set out to make movies; to recreate and produce something they only envisioned or created in their minds. People create worlds all the time in their head. Some even fall for it for a couple seconds when they're dreaming.

Also some people do it to get paid.

Most authors, it seems, lived really shit lives. I mean like the canonical big boys.

Joyce
Proust
Eliot
The jury is out on Pinecone I guess.

I've not looked into it but I bet Malcolm Lowry was a miserable alcoholic just based on Under the Volcano

if it's not warosu then no idea, honestly.

ha, I had no idea that was up

to entertain autists on /k/
>mfw reading some of the popular stories
I don't want to say anything because they might get defensive and boot me out but some of its pretty bad

forgot to mention the writing general they have there, thats what im talking about
>tfw youre a shitty writer too

No doubt. The person I'm talking about was addicted to heroin and booze in his most productive years. It nearly killed his health and career. Whisky helped me with my social anxiety and work rage in my military years, now going through a handle every 3-4 days and living a sedentary life is is killing me but I can't seem to quit. Oh well.

It did go down for sometime but I feel like that was at least a year ago since it's been back up.