Bible Discussion Thread

Which books, passages, parables, etc., are your favorite, friends?

The Gospel of John is top tier.

favorite book: Ecclesiastes
favorite idol: Anzu

Parable of the Thorn bush is amazing.

that's not discussion that's a circlejerk

Revelation.

For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.

I'm almost halfway through the Bible, and I think the following are essential must reads: Genesis, Exodus, 1 Kings, Job, and Psalms.

Psalm 103 is amazing and it converge with one of the core passage in the Bible imo:
"For God gave us not a spirit of fearfulness; but of power and love and discipline"

should I really read the whole thing

1 Timothy 2:9-15
In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Proverbs 5:1-8
My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding: That thou mayest regard discretion, and that thy lips may keep knowledge. For the lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil: But her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a twoedged sword. Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell. Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life, her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know them. Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth. Remove thy way far from her, and come not nigh the door of her house

Hmmmmmfw.

I like the original Hebrew Leviticus 20:13, because it refutes any future translations that frame it as anti-homosexual.

There's another passage forbidding cross-dressing... I remember researching it, and the Hebrew was clear. Heh. Sorry trannies.

>(((original hebrew)))
good goy

fuck me moses was a pseud

>original Hebrew
>memeing this hard
Shame.

Mark 13:30

Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found.
Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

Ecclesiastes 7:28,29

fag lies/10

also,

bump for truth

I like Leviticus 19:19 cause it says dont fuck Niggers.

Can someone post the chart a kind user made re: different bible versions? I just saw it posted maybe 2 days ago but was too stupid to save it.

>I like the original Hebrew Leviticus 20:13, because it refutes any future translations that frame it as anti-homosexual.
Orthodox Rabbis correctly understand homosexual male intercourse as contrary to Judaism, and never employ Bible translations for halakhic purpose.

yep. believer or not, it is THE written work that made western culture

What's a good bible translation? I remember someone mentioning one with commentary.

It depends on the copy you buy
I prefer NAB, NABRE, or Douay Rheims

KJV

this

Why saint Paul is talking about living "saints" is his letters? Who those saints were?

people that followed the teaching of Jesus Christ

Yeshaayahu 1 was pretty on point.
Old Testament is the best desu

GOD

DOSEN:T
REAL

Why are you so fat Nozomi?

I have the Oxford Annotated Bible which is great and uses the NRSV translation. If you find that too pc, read the older RSV or the more modern ESV or NASB, which are also great for study and for a first read.