QTDDTOT

If I have 5 chicken breasts for a five day week, how long does one breast take to boil?

Other urls found in this thread:

epicurious.com/ingredients/how-to-poach-boneless-skinless-chicken-breasts-for-easy-meals-article
m.youtube.com/watch?v=c8pkP2hFj-E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Depends on how thick they are.

Also, why the fuck would you want to boil chicken breast? That has got to be the most bland and boring preparation you could possibly do.

Are you perhaps a fitfag that's afraid of even the tiniest bit of oil? Then grill them.

Is it sleepy time chicken breast?

I honestly don't care, [spoiler] this is my first time cooking chicken and I'm on a time crunch [/spoiler] My plan was to just boil everything because it sounds like the easiest way not to fuck things up.
kinda, I get home from the gym at around 8-8:30

J-just pretend there's a black bar there.

1/5 of the total time of all of the chicken breast
so just take total time and divide by 5

You don't want to boil chicken, but rather summer it gently in a pot of seasoned water for a couple of hours. Also, stop being a faggot and learn to cook like a man.

OP, you don't "boil" chicken breasts, you "poach" them. Protein gets too hard at boiling temp.
epicurious.com/ingredients/how-to-poach-boneless-skinless-chicken-breasts-for-easy-meals-article

Basically you bring just below boiling point, and then simmer only til done. You can flavor the water, which helps tremendously

Go ahead and park 3 of your finished cooked breasts for the rest of your week, in the freezer when done. Leftovers don't go 5 days, they go 2 days. Keep it from spoiling or don't cook 3 of the breasts until mid-week.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=c8pkP2hFj-E

I was going to cook one a day but thank you for the help.

It doesn't matter how many you have total, it's still going to take the same time to cook one.

Do chopped onions and peppers freeze well? I'd love to keep a bunch of them cut up and on hand.

>Do chopped onions and peppers freeze well? I'd love to keep a bunch of them cut up and on hand.
The freeze fabulously well.

In fact, when pepper prices are pretty high, keep your eye on the Birds Eye frozen veggie sales, and buy some of the frozen bell pepper strips or their stir fry peppers and onions. Use a portion each time you want to saute some peppers and onions, reseal bag. I just twist it closed. Most groceries also carry a frozen bag of "soup starter" vegetables, that is more like the trinity, having some celery in there, maybe some corn or okra too. Look out for it as a cost savings option too, again, with sales.

this question indeed did not deserve its own thread.

Do Americans really do this?

may as well post in this thread.

I made dill pickles and fermented them following the recipe by chef john. He said a little yeast mold would be normal and harmless but I got full blown white furry mold on top of the brine after a week. I had the pickles submerged beneath the surface with a ceramic plate so they weren't in contact with any mold.

They look and smell like normal pickles but I'm not sure if they're actually ok to eat. What do you guys think? Anyone ferment pickles before?

OP here, is the chicken supposed to be rising out of the water? It's white and nearing the end of the cook time.

Never mind, this shits pretty good

>What do you guys think?

probably "don't eat food with mold in it" is a good bet
>they were seperated
you think this matters in this situation?

I've read conflicting things, some fermentation forum said its fine to eat since the mold can grow beneath the brine surface unless the pickles actually touch the air. The mold can't grow in an anaerobic environment. Others say the mold can fuck with you if you're allergic. Seems like nobody has a concrete answer.

the concerete answer to these situations is you fucked up, do it right

What you want is called
>poaching

Don't let the snobs fool you in to thinking "boiled" chicken is bad, they're wrong. Poached chicken makes for the best chicken if you're on a diet.

How:
put all the chicken in a thick-bottom pot
cover with broth or water (salt is required but adding herbs and shit are a nice bonus but not necessary)
make sure broth/water comes up 2" to 3" inches over the chicken
bring to a rolling boil
cover
lower heat to simmer for ~10 min (longer if they're super thick)
at this point you can either continue to simmer until the chicken is all the way done or do what I do and turn off the heat and walk the fuck away for 20 min and come back to perfectly cooked chicken.

When people say a lot of sugar is bad for you, does this include natural sugars from like fruit? I drink this fruit juice that has 26g per serving of surgar but it says it's natural

How do I avoid this?

Frozen salmon.
Let it defrost for the whole morning.
Drying with kitchen paper.
Put in pan with high heat.

Does anyone use sorrel for cooking at all? If yes - what do you use it for?

>bring to a rolling boil
Nope.

>How do I avoid this?
Stop overcooking it. The fish is cooked well before you start to see that white stuff come out.

you know, this is exactly the sort of thread that we need to have regularly

ask Veeky Forums , the short answer is there are different kinds of sugars and they're just simple carbs anyways, the long answer is lrn2macros

what should i use chanterelles for? what do they taste like? they grow here a LOT, i have a steady supply for most of the year

fruit juice is basically exactly the same as drinking soda. simple carbs are simple carbs.

What would happen if a shower using honey instead of shower gel? I've been thinking about it.

fructose and glucose are not the same

ignore all momposters
hide all momthreads