American chocolate tastes like puke

>American chocolate tastes like puke

Where did this meme come from?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2008/02/13/dining/13chocolate.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Most American chocolate contains butyric acid as part of its production process. That is the chemical responsible for the unmistakable "puke smell".

European chocolate, as well as the higher-end American stuff, is made with a different process that doesn't contain any butyric acid.

Maybe it is a meme status story now. But there is validity to it. There is indeed a compound in the species of the cacao native of the americas that is really similar to vomit flavor. Sad, but true. Hard to get out of your head once someone tells you about it, oh, now you'll taste it.

There's articles about it. Google around.

It comes from Hershey's putting butyric acid in their chocolate to simulate soured milk.

Butyric acid is the compound that gives vomit its uniquely repugnant smell.

>Hershey's putting butyric acid in their chocolate
Yet their manufacturing process is completely a secret, the idea they are pouring it versus it happening naturally from some portion of the process is kind of overstating the facts.
nytimes.com/2008/02/13/dining/13chocolate.html

If you grew up with this type of chocolate you are simply used to the taste and smell and it's hard to comprehend why Hershey's is so disgusting for people from other countries.
Sadly, this time it's no attempt from foreigners to troll Americans, the chocolate really tastes that way.

If they weren't putting it there then it wouldn't be there, it's not a natural part of the chocolate making process. Whether they're pouring it in or inducing it to develop is beside the point.

Hence why everyone complains about their vomit chocolate instead of being accustomed to it.

t. butthurt yuropoors pissed about USA's $17trillion annual GDP

Your insecurity is showing user.

t. puke gobbling white trash

Newsflash: Supporting america's shitty chocolate =/= patriotism. It's just accepting pig slop from our corporate overlords.

I didn't notice it until someone on here said it, now it does have a slight vomity aftertaste to it. But, like, "my" vomit, so still tolerable. Have to admit I haven't bought bottom-shelf chocolate since.

Making fun of America is trendy and fashionable user. Even though yuropoors consistently consume american media, fashion, vydia, movies, music etc. It's the hip thing to do that will guarantee retweets.

Woah. That's a redpill I didn't even know I wanted or needed.

Murrifat here. I kinda like the taste of my own puke. It's the smell that's the worst part.

Because some American chocolates (like Hershey) contain butyric acid, which smells exactly like vomit. In blind smell tests, some people cannot tell the difference between types of parmesan cheese (which contain butyric acid as well) and vomit.

It's not a meme, companies like Hershey actively put puke-smelling chemicals in their chocolate.

As a uk prole, I was so excited to try a Hershey's bar. I had never heard anything about the pike thing but sure enough I remember spitting it out and telling mum it tasted like sick. Soz boys.

Amerifat here, Hershey's is absolutely disgusting trash that makes my throat burn
Just get a snickers or something, anything else really

Hershey's doesn't use cacao though

I grew up with it and it still tastes like shit. Being exposed to better chocolate kills hersheys. No idea why people will buy it over cadburys.

Too bad Europeans will never save Americans from American chocolate.

You think some European company wouldn't have bought out an American company by now but it is always the other way around.

european faggot chocolate makers.

don't fall for the meme, i've had european chocolate, it doesn't taste different.

Because it does. It honest to God does. I'm Yuropoor, and I'm the guy that always defends American cuisine when others run their mouths about how it's all junk food, fatty, greasy, etc. (because it's kinda like judging Greek cuisine by taking the piss out of shitty expensive gyros stands in NYC). So I had some Hershey's and swear to all that is good and holy, I could feel the taste of vomit. It was then that I learnt about the added butyric acid.

So, in conclusion, sorry, Amerifriends. You have real good food from every part of your country, but your chocolate (at least your mass produced one) literally tastes like barf.

Hershey's chocolate IS fucking disgusting. I'm american af and if you think hershey's is good you should probably kill yourself, my countrymen.

You are now breathing manually.

it did, tried it in america and it smelled and tasted like vomit

>bunch of white people arguing over wich of their tasteless sugar cube tastes less like vomit

Can't make this shit up

muh butyric acid

The cheese in America is objectively fucking shit as well, user.
It's not just the chocolate.

ugh, you put salt on your food? enjoy eating urine you fucking gross pig

>Making fun of America is trendy and fashionable

KEK it's literally been the default attitude to america since before the fucking war

Wisconsin cheese is GOAT you nigger

I made a picada with garlic from a local farm, Spanish saffron, Hershey's, and some almonds I bought at a gas station. If I had had a Hershey's bar with almonds in it, I would have used that instead.
It just werks.
Also, I used cilantro instead of parsley because it's superior in every way.

Hershey's tastes like a sugary brick of wax. Buy from a local chocolatier or a chain if you have no options. At least then you're eating something that's actually chocolate.

please, use != or for not equals

Why would he use that instead of ≠ ?

Dude the reason people think that is because cheesemakers here make so goddamn much of the cheap shit (to use the surplus dairy that we also have tons of) that there's tons (literally) and tons of surplus cheese sitting around, so cheese is so cheap that the market is flooded with the cheaper processed stuff. Good cheese is around, it just has stiff competition

I ain't searching a fucking Unicode database for a not equals sign alt code.

>butyric acid, found in vomit
>olestra, makes you shit yourself
>HCFS, gives you diabeetus
>hormones in the milk
>"cheese product"
>"ice milk"
Any other non food items that Americans consume daily?

high fructose corn syrup

from eating American chocolate

My cousins send me one form america and its trash. Cant see how you enjoy it, dont you have at least Milka or lind ?

>butyric acid
it's puke tier

>it's not a natural part of the chocolate making process
>there's a natural way to make chocolate
lads
whew

>Countries like Italy actively put puke-smelling chemicals in their cheese
Yet you don't see ragefagging threads about Parmesan cheese hmmmm

Don't mind me, just being the best milk chocolate there is.

It's pretty tasty but not best, t. Finn.

in bulgaria fazer is word for compressed wood chips

nt pekka

does americans really eat this