Veeky Forums things that make you say wtf

Veeky Forums things that make you say wtf

Other urls found in this thread:

foodandwine.com/fwx/food/is-it-safe-to-eat-chicken-sashimi
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's safe if you sous vide it. Probably what he did.

Is it really? I have a weird obsession with eating raw meat to the point where I am tempted every time I cook. This would satisfy my cravings.

Sous vide would have cooked internally idiot

Yeah if you cook it for like 30 minutes or some shit it's safe. Look up time-temperature charts for chicken because I have no idea the actual values.

>I have a weird obsession with eating raw meat to the point where I am tempted every time I cook

Nigga just fry up a blue steak

I do, all the time. Poultry is what I really love raw though.

>loving the one raw meat that will kill you

Seek help.

I don't indulge anymore, but I do have to stop myself from going for it. There was a guy on My Strange Addiction that was obsessed with it too, we definitely got the same weird gene.

>completely fucks up cooking some chicken
>decides to call it "perfectly cooked rare chicken steak"

fork on the left ree

I've eaten raw bacon on multiple occasions so I cannot judge too much. I kinda like the rubbery/chewy texture...

Raw bacon isn't as dangerous.
It's heavily cured (salted and smoked).

Assuming you buy it from a butcher, who has dried it on the outside, and not from a brine package, it will be 99% harmless.

Why is it that steak the only type of food to eat undercooked?

>Why is it that steak the only type of food to eat undercooked?
Surface contamination that doesn't penetrate flesh or the blood supply. Steak e.coli is mostly from knicking the intestines during butchering and getting on knives and into flesh. This is why a steak can be rare since the surfaces, the cut surfaces can be taken to a safe temperature to kill bacteria, but ground beef isn't okay if not fresh, allowing surface bacteria to be dispersed and bloom into colonies of more bacteria.

What other animal meat can be infected with, worms, worm eggs, liver flukes and other parasites, salmonella, etc, it's blood borne and exists right down to the bone because it was in the flesh to begin with. There are a couple things that just aren't curable, like that worm that goes into your eyeball or destroys other organs. Oh well, you rolled the dice on those odds. Hope it was worth it. Salmonella makes some people die, but others recover.

>say wtf
Your parents said that when you were born.

Chicken and pork, among other things, are also eaten undercooked/raw, just not in the US. Japan has chicken sashimi and Germany has Mett, for example.

>Chicken and pork, among other things, are also eaten undercooked/raw, just not in the US. Japan has chicken sashimi and Germany has Mett, for example.
Yes, before microbiology was understood, there were traditional dishes we now deem so stupid and reckless, but is "traditional" so people take chances.

Japan warned its citizens against it and explain the high incidence of food poisoning cases associated with raw chicken's campylobacter.
foodandwine.com/fwx/food/is-it-safe-to-eat-chicken-sashimi

Literally not knowing what the pasteurisation point is

cooked meat is totally fine, you just have to learn how to cook

There is no single "pasteurization point."

...as it is expected to be?

fug
I do eat it out of a brine pack

Nothing wrong with eating free range chickens a little rare.

My room mate would always lick his fingers and eat some scraps while cooking store bought bacon. He never got food poisoning or sick from it in the 2 years we lived together. And he ate a lot of bacon

I always told him that it was nasty, but he didnt seem to give a shit

harmful bacteria are on the outside of the meat, as long as you don't puncture it prior to cooking the outside you aren't going to get sick

no dumbass don't be so gullible

if it was fully cooked it wouldn't be that color

>I have a weird obsession with eating raw meat
I fell like we're going to hear about you on the news someday.

>Yes, before microbiology was understood
People have known that you have to cook meat for it to be safe to eat for ten's of thousands of years. You don't need to know microbiology to know that. Just need some observation skills. Dishes like those are just oddities.

People eat lamb, duck, and other game meats medium also, so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

More raw than raw is alive mate, watch out

sous vide chicken will never be that pink

No need when you are an american with cheap food that dont even need a knife

Wtf now I have to eat all of these

;___; delet

is this you?

>Raw (Grave): the post

it's not, pork should be pink in the middle too, at least if you're eating quality pork and not some 3rd world country shit

Zombies get out.

Make a cake, or bread or cream pie

Are these yours*