"I'd rather use microsoft word than latecks"

>"I'd rather use microsoft word than latecks"

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voiceless_velar_fricative
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what the fuck

thats even worse than emacs
#vimmasterrace

Autistic joke explainer here. [math]\latex[/math] is pronounced "la-tech," (it's spelled with a [math]\Chi[/math]) so it's poking fun at people who don't know the first thing about the program.

Stupid fucking thread. Nobody gives a fuck about how to pronounce a shitty, extremely non-user friendly program. It's bad. Get over it.

>Nobody gives a fuck about how to pronounce
yeah
>shitty, extremely non-user friendly program. It's bad.
you aren't in science or math. please post somewhere else.

>muh exclusive club
And in any case I am in science and math. Doesn't make latex any less garbage.

no, you aren't.

>I use matlab instead of excel

>I know your life. I can tell because I'm telepathic!

elon thread

>reading resumes
>"MS office skills"
into the trash it goes

>I love physics! I do quantum physics all the time! But I don't understand math, man, calculus is HARD!
>you don't do physics
>WHAAAAT are you TELEPATHIC? no then YOU DONT KNOW

I am aware that it's supposed to be pronounced LATEK but fuck that gay shit. I call it LATEX. It's a perfectly good acronym and should be pronounced how its spelled. I will never say LATEK fuck that autistic shit

Its spelled with Greek letters.

I use Word but input my equations in LaTeX format. I'm too lazy to learn formatting for paragraphs and whatnot, but I really like the equation input for LaTeX.

knuth should stop being an obscurantist faggot, seriously, fuck him, and fuck his gay ass pederast greek.

I actually like using apple pages and I can insert LaTeX in easily

May I ask whom you are quoting?

using apple products? more like you can insert a latex in your ass

(because condoms are latex and apple users are typically homosexual)

>Chi
As in, "Chim"?

>I use c++ instead of matlab

Didn't Elon try to move PayPal's servers to Windows?

"Insiders pronounce the χ of TeX as a Greek chi, not as an ‘x’, so that TeX rhymes with the word blecchhh. It’s the ‘ch’ sound in Scottish words like loch or German words like ach; it’s a Spanish ‘j’ and a Russian ‘kh’. When you say it correctly to your computer, the terminal may become slightly moist."

kekked

Actually, the last sound should not be a K sound, but a Ch. It's found, for example, in German in words like mich ("me"), wichtig ("important") or Österreich ("Austria"). It's a hissing sound.
Only retarded Anglos will turn it into a K.

This.

Everyone lists it because usually HR drones are the first to read résumés and will throw every single one that doesn't list it into the trash.

>loch
>ach
No, that's a guttural sound that is completely different from Chi.

>No, that's a guttural sound that is completely different from Chi.
Chi is slightly less harsh but it's very similar in pronunciation, and that user chose a good way to explain it.
t. Scotsman studying Ancient Greek 1

But that's my point: Chi is more of a hissing sound than a guttural sound.
In my mind, Chi is to [Kh] ("ach", "Macht", "Loch") as the Anglo r ("break", "bread") is to the rolled r (as in Spanish "sombrero").

>people will say latech but refuse to say jif
Lol

Ch of Reich.
Hr of Fuhrer

Sounds too much like yiff

>reading resumes
>resume written in latex
what a fucking tryhard... next

Resumes look nice in LaTeX if you have good formatting.

so this Chi sound is more like in alchemy?

No, more like in homoseχ

you have to autistic to use latex for your cv.
nobody except tug/tex.stackexchange tards like it
just write your shit in pandoc (markdown) and embed latex when you need equations.
only reason to write latex is when it's requirement for publication. otherwise (like your cv), no.

You have no idea what you're talking about, a lot of mathematicians have their official cv written in TeX.

I have a degree in CS and I work as a software engineer, my resume is LaTeX

fuck you

> not saying jidf
good goy

>MS Word
>Change font to default LATEX font

As in teCHnology.

>No, that's a guttural sound that is completely different from Chi.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voiceless_velar_fricative

You either never used it , or are to busy assblasting yourself with a soldering iron to learn it and see its purpose. Enjoy your shitty reports

HS
Science and math doesn't count

The ch is like in German "Mädchen".
But I doubt any Anglo native speaker can make this kind of sound. Just say Latesh then.

This is why Veeky Forums should stay away from linguistics.

>use latex
>use latex
no, keep your fetish away from me.

What? How?

ok but everyone else is gonna think you're autistic

You don't even know that latex isn't a program, so I dare venture you've never actually tried it.

As should you because about half of them were completely correct in their explanations.

t. Actual linguistic student

>all this autistic arguing over how to pronounce the x
its fucking LAW-TECH or LAY-TECH. pedantic snobs will ALWAYS find a way to utter the former just because the latter is too similar sounding to actual latex.

i just say lay-tecks

The chi pronunciation only applies to original TeX, which nobody even fucking uses anymore. The creator of LaTeX said he doesn't give a shit how people say it, and besides, LaTeX is shit anyway. XeLaTeX and LuaLaTeX are better.

I thought it was lah-techs.The "lah" from the sound in language and techs from technologies. "Language Technologies". That is what latex stands for right?

it's "la tec" because we're all mexicans
ey mang u tryna use the la tec mang?

I use emacs with some simplified keybindings and it's the best thing ever.
Wasn't it basically kh in ancient Greek anyway and it's only in modern Greek that it has a softer sound?