How to train your accent in a foreign language...

How to train your accent in a foreign language? Is there any other way besides going to a destined country and pick it up from the locals?

yes. practice in front of a mirror by overly mimicking the language. studying phonetics also helps. repeat until you think its perfect

speech isn't complicated.
it's really just enunciation and pitch control. you can do as says but you'll sound forced. if you want to understand the emotional content within the accent you have to interact with the people. watching movies in that language could help somewhat.

maybe find some friends there to skype? helped me

What language?

It's completely alien to me how people can even struggle with this. Accent is the first thing I pick up.

without being around people that speak it?
sure.
stay delusional faggot

english, because of learning french as a 3rd language I've ruined my accent completely ;_;

>without being around people that speak it?
wow, it's almost as though it's the age of the internet and you can easily access footage of people speaking without having to take a field trip to their country

who the fuck cares about accent?
be the novelty guy with a weird accent, as long as you're understood people don't really give a fuck. it annoys me more when people put on a forced "proper" accent.

just watch some old British television shows and learn Received Pronunciation, all other English accents are completely revolting

>Received Pronunciation

Eww

This. Nobody gives a fuck how you sound so long as you're understood. Assuming of course you're not an actor who needs to be able to do accents.

>without being around people that speak it?
Uhm, by watching youtube videos, mostly.

sorry, buddy, it's the truth, speaking as an unbiased continental

other English accents are an assault on the ears... Scottish ones are worse, somehow, though they barely regist as the same language

aw don't project your own self-hate for your accent onto others buddy.
i'd rather talk to some guy with a weird understandable accent than some weirdo who felt the need to get a perfect accent any day.

that's ok, buddy, i don't particularly feel the need to talk to you

Speak the language using the same funny accent you would use to mock it. It is amazing how similar it will be. It will not be perfect but the people that talk with you will understand you more the the avg burger
t. Burger who has to learn Russian (One of the hardest languages to pronounce)

of course you wouldn't because you can't confront the fact that your voice is cucked.

Hey lads I'm planning to read Dubliners.

Would you recommend reading in a Dublin accent? I heard it makes it better. Is it worth the effort?

ty

>One of the hardest languages to pronounce
Co on powiedział?

>your voice is cucked.
what DID he mean by this??

Is a Dublin accent going to be a stretch for you?

Also there are multiple Dublin accents so I dunno which one makes most sense. Maybe it depends on which story you're reading.

Slavic Languages overall, My Книгa.

of course you can't figure it out your brain controls your voice and your brain is cucked.