Science is bullshit

>peer-review does not work
>funding is not fully disclosed
>so-called researchers deny ties to related industries, even when they got funded
>99% of studies are bullshit, scientists are forced to publish results, even if there aren't any, in the most outstanding journals, just to make a living
>it's fucking easy to manipulate studies, MSM won't even care about details

This gave me sickness and suicidal thoughts. Everything is fake and even the slightest profit is clearly prioritized, but people are still rambling as if they know shit.

Stupid brainlet understands nothing about the beauty of the Scientific Method(TM) so he goes full damage control.

All the shit you talk about is negligible minority in the vast ocean of honesty and interest for progresw that is the scientific community. Come back when you watched NDT's show about why science is cool. heh

Maybo you shouldn't compare social studies to STEM fields.

/thread

Lets check this statement.

Just look at historical revisionist, also psychologist that constantly demenean their field for this reason.

Just see journalism studies

>so-called researchers deny ties to related industries, even when they got funded

Check economists, they are along the lines of intelectual whoring with the economists and lawyers

% of studies are bullshit, scientists are forced to publish results, even if there aren't any, in the most outstanding journals, just to make a living

Have to justify my existence in the philosophy department

Which works for sociologists and people on political science just wanting to make a buck.

I would say that the statement is quite true, well donde OPBTFO!

science should be left to aristocracy.

Lets check this statement.

Only 10% of research results in physics, chemistry and biology is actually replicable.

Just see environmental sciences

Check climate science and all the shady business with their data tampering to fit the agenda

>99% of studies are bullshit, scientists are forced to publish results, even if there aren't any, in the most outstanding journals, just to make a living
Journals are reluctant to publish studies with null results as they are not exciting, hence why researchers have to find correlations and causations where there aren't any with practices such as data snooping, to be able to keep their funding and an employment, which ties it directly to point one.

Indeed lack of skepticism and scientific illiteracy are well documented in pop-sci circles

Well done you BTFO yourself

>Only 10% of research results in physics, chemistry and biology is actually replicable.
Only 1% of the claims of whatever popsci garbage site you got this falsehood from are accurate.

>assumes there's legit science

It's actually based on real science.

Are you telling me that you are trusting science to say that science can't be trusted?

Mmmm no it's not. Bet you $100 this claim is taken from one anecdote that doesn't even have to do with physics or chemistry, if it's based on anything at all.

>Only 10% of research results in physics, chemistry and biology is actually replicable
and how the fuck do you know that?

EASY

It's a nobrainer to conclude that most studies are plain wrong. It's fucking easy to know like how many studies got replicated and how many not. fucking wow

but the ncbi thing is just one paper and it looks like it only mentions medicine/biology studies

Are you really that dim? I meant that the evidence is fucking out there, and I wouldn't need to look further into stuff just to understand that "science" is just another corrupt and tyrannical instance of authority with no regard to common sense. There are free research papers at a TOR website, it's legitimate and safe to use, it is supported by honorable members of the scientific community. I would even go further and rather download some spyware-ridden research data than rely on information that is accessible to the public, reviewed by greedy fucks who won't give a shit.

>I meant that the evidence is fucking out there
so you meant you actually have none?
that's what i thought

>I would even go further and rather download some spyware-ridden research data than rely on information that is accessible to the public
What did he mean by this?

OK so show me the data, since its so easy.

Peer review only works if your peers are actual peers, ie., if they are actually competent. Nobody gets to be the authority that stands up and says, "You're all incompetent poopheads," until they've designed an experiment that demonstrates that fact. (And often times it is a fact.)
It doesn't need to be. Bias in research can be easily detected by (competent/real) peer review. If a corporation wants to waste money funding bunk science, that's their loss.
Because they aren't conscious of their biases. Get into psychology if you want to solve that problem. Systemic problems have no easy answers and you won't get one by complaining.
>99% of studies are bullshit
Preliminary work doesn't have the highest epistemic qualities, no.
>scientists are forced to publish results
Forced publication need not be peer reviewed, since it's nonsense and wastes time until someone forms a valid (testable) hypothesis.
>just to make a living
It's not a bad thing if we've reached the echelons of publicly funded market-force science.
Nobody cares about mainstream media. Not in academia, not in popular culture, and not among the general public.

>people are still rambling as if they know shit
They will, always, do that, no matter what you do or do not do.