I NEED a lunchbox for work because i'm hemorrhaging $50/week paying for lunch every single day

i NEED a lunchbox for work because i'm hemorrhaging $50/week paying for lunch every single day

i'm looking into these tower container things by Zojirushi...
does anyone have any recommendations for lunch boxes?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B01C3VBD04/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can't go wrong withthe classics.

Scooby-Doo ones are generally solid and work for everyone. You can't go wrong with Garfield if you have a certain cool attitude. Stay away from shit like MLP, Carebears, Dora, etc or you'll get made fun of.

i feel like eating more than a PB&J sandwich with baby carrots everyday though

Buy a bunch of brown lunch bags you absolute retard, big enough for a sandwich chips snack and maybe a drink and then you can throw it out instead of playing dimpled faggot schoolboy carrying his lunch box home to mommy every day

everyone look at this guy absolutely WASTING plastic and trash every single fucking day

>sandwich
>chips
>snack

wow man EXCELLENT taste in food can't believe i share a food board with a fucking middle school kid

I'm not the retard spending $50 a week presumably for multiple weeks when there are tons of solutions. Congrats on your patrician Taco Bell lunches while I eat whatever fits in my lunch bag and then move on with my life. Maybe I'll use the money I saved to buy some styrofoam to toss out my window while driving

Just get a fucking cooler like a normal person.

Just get one of those canvas bag ones that's insulated and zips closed. They come in nice plain colors that don't look childish and they're most likely on sale now because stores are rolling out their back-to-school deals right about now. Then get some tiny little tuperware containers for sides and one that's jusr bug enough to hold a sammich. Done and done.

>Cooler
>Not Mini-Fridge Master race

Veeky Forums is full of plebs

>paper is plastic

I'm currently looking for a bento box but my requirements are quite specific.
Would you be able to help?

Let me guess, it can't be pinku and preferably with two kotoba?

it sounds like you want to get bent over your own box

whoa, thats not chibi (small)

Get a mason jar, fill it with egg noodles, shredded carrot, spring onion, chicken. Put a stock cube in the bottom. Fill up with hot water at work and you have ramen.

You can play with the recipes too.

Kek

You can do what I used to do: buy carry out containers in packs of 10 each. They're sold at restaurant supply stores and Asian supermarkets.
Get one pack of half-litre/pint-sized and two quarter-litre/half-pint. Put your main into the half-litre and your two accompaniments into the quarter, lid it all up and you're good to go.
While staining will be unavoidable, you can deter lingering odours. When you're home from work, soak the containers in mild bleach solution then wash with your evening dinner plates. Use a different set of containers for the next day while the ones from the day prior air dries and deodourises.
Reusable. Cheap. And, unlike the one in your OP, microwaveable. The only issue is transport, as these are not leak proof. You need to find a way to transport them and avoid leaks. I know a way using a normal, plastic shopping bag, but it's hard to describe. I'll try, though.
Open the bag in such a way that its walls are low and it stands up on its own. Place the taller container in it and stack the two shorter containers on top of one another next to it along the wide part of the bag. Pull up the bag handles, and roll them down taught on top of the containers. Tie shut tightly, using a slipknot for ease of carry and ease of opening. If done correctly, the containers don't have enough room to jostle out of position to cause spillage.
As for a drink, just get an insulated flask/mug/bottle.

Hope this helps.

I pack my husband's lunch in this.

meal containers for delivery

What are the steel containers called they use in India a lot? They look pretty useful, tbqhfldd

>cute animu bear
Do you want him to be mercilessly bullied at work or something?

^

Yeah man I don't go anywhere without my mini fridge

OP, you should only consider the insulated Zojirushi containers if you do not have access to a refrigerator at work.

Walk into your local walmart, go to the food storage aisle, and just grab a couple of cheap glass snap-lid food containers. I bought plastic ones, but, they crack and scratch after daily heavy use (plus, plastic is evil, or something).

Again, if you have a refrigerator at work, don't bother to get an insulated bag to hold your food containers. You'll be 'that guy' who wastes tons of fridge space with a bulky bag that is actually preventing the fridge from cooling your food.

I am not that into cute. but damn, this is exceptionally cute

I want a gondola lunchbox now.

Im looking for a bento box, it cant be pinku (thats japanese for pink) or any girl color. It has to be of 2 or more kotoba (thats japanese for 2 compartments) and has be be chibi (small) sized. And has to be really kawaii (cute). Also It has to be about 10-20 bux. And you have to post pics of it first (i want to make shure it's kawaii [cute]). And it would be nice if it came with matching chopstick holder (WITH chopsticks). OH! and it CANNOT have any cartoon pictures, or be made out of plastic. It has to be made of ceramic, or something like that. Also it would be nice if it was made in japan. and not in china or corea (korea) or whatever. I have found a bento box similar to the one im describing in e-bay, but it was 1 kotoba, and i dont want my gohan (rice) to touch my other things (it can get wet and i would not like that, plus 2 compartments looks more kawaii)

Bullying only works on people who already have low self worth. Seeing as his wife packs his lunch there's a pretty good chance he doesn't give a shit.

I found a small insulated lunch box similar to pic related in a thrift shop for a buck. You can stuff it with tupperware or ziplock bags any way you like.

arigatogozaymasta

easy way to tell the children from the men

what kind of fedora do you wear?

Tiffin

>tfw brown bagged all through my school years
>tfw saved the brown bag to reuse
>tfw your brown bag finally gives out and you have to use a new one

Goodbye old friend.

Use the plastic bags your groceries come in. Wa la

unless you are a woman who has to have a lunchbox that matches your nail polish that day:
>set of tupperware of various size
>tote bag
I usually cook a large batch of rice and/or beans, lentils on sunday and leave it in the fridge at work.
Then I bring cooked meat every other day.

I used to do this. It feels bad though, I respect wanting a premium option.

He's a surgeon, he really couldn't care less, plus he's proud of having a caring wife.

The best.

get a pack of plastic or glass microwave safe tupperware and do sunday meal prep. one container this size can fit a whole filling nutritious lunch if you do the right recipe for your body mass

Doggie style.

give me a quick rundown on what kind of meals you prep for the week

>hemorrhaging money on eating out
"GUISE I NEED A LUNCH BOX"
>suggests one that costs a whole bunch of money

jesus christ its just fuckin lunch, you dont have to bring it to work in a fucking treasure chest. youre probably gonna give up in 2 weeks anyway. save yourself the money. use tupperware + tote bag. gatdam

personally i'd avoid plastics. stick with tempered glass containers (pyrex), and use a metal or padded thermally insulated lunch box/bag

he probably makes "mewmew ;3" noises at work while winking at the freshly graduated nurses.

indian tiffin

but its fucking impossible to find somewhere that sells this in the US (With an insulator also available)

good luck microwaving that at work

ain't this just a coal miners pail?

the point of the insulator is so you don't have to microwave it

sure if you like lukewarm

This. Soft Coolers are awesome and flexible enough you can shove under a desk somewhere without much trouble. I have this one and it's awesome.

amazon.com/gp/product/B01C3VBD04/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's large, but it can hold larger tupperware containers for soups or salads. Holds chill super well, only downside is you need to buy the ice packs separate.

>indian
>food hygiene rating: 5
nice try pajeet

WTF i love indian tiffin now!

>$50/week
lol I made 50 bucks while shitposting here for the last hour. Maybe you should get a better job

Very practical, since you only have to take it back home once a week for lunch restocking.

I have the Zojirushi. Things to take note of:

1. It will stay warm for hours but only if you use hot soup and foods (basically the first two containers). If you don't, it will basically be lukewarm to room temp.

2. Don't bother to microwave with this thing. The plastic flakes off...

yeah you don't want to cheap out on space, get a big motherfucker and lots of ziplock bags for all your foods.

well you know you shouldn't be spending more than 4/5th's of an hour's wage on lunch every work day anyways. even if you do go with doggy bags that's still going to be food budget spent, so it might not actually be significantly cheaper in the end.

So what the fuck do you do? Warm it up from home, in the morning? The whole point is to save time. That's fucking retarded of a concept. No wonder you can't find it in the US. It's not practical.

If you were a surgeon, wouldn't you?

ol faithful never let me down

Of course. Two compartments is more kawaii (cute)

Fuck off with your 1990s Gen-X retro ironic hipster bullshit.

Aladdin lunchboxes were the best.

dude you are so fucking mad right now! hahaha!

Cuck

Teletubbies lunchboxer detected

Agreed. I can't stand all of the people in my office who bring their shitty lunchbox to work and inevitably end up sitting at their desk working extra work for the company when they could be out using their lunch hour to get out of the office prison.

But whatever. It's not my life they're wasting.

>Mini
I guess that works if you have a clitoris between your legs.
I bring this bad boy anywhere I go.

>sandwich chips snack
>chips
>not a snack

Lardass detected.

McD's pays you that much to start new McChicken threads every few hours?

I'm not that poster, but I did once sell my company on the idea of posting videogame & food threads on Veeky Forums and other message boards, and I was paid for it.

They didn't really know what they were doing when it came to online marketing though.

>Not investing on your own modular cold room

Real men need real power for maximum lunch freshness.

Do you pack his cock in a chastity cage too?

OPs pic is way more frigging fedora than that

I just carry around a bag for life with all my shit in it lmao

If I didn't do that I'd buy a brown messenger bag and just put the bag for life inside it with my lunch inside the bag for life lmao

Also ultimate lunch for work

>1 energy drink
>Liter bottle of squash (use the same bottle and get your own concentrate)
>2 ham or chicken wraps with cucumber, tomato, lettuce with mayo/mustard mix
>A breakfast oat bar of your choice

I have it everyday and I always look forward to it.

Not to hijack this thread, but... actually, that's exactly what I'm doing. Deal with it.

What are some things I can prepare at home and bring to work for lunch. Ideally make it the night before, so needs to be able to keep for 12 hours. I have a fridge at work, and a microwave, but I work with a lot of Pajeets straight out of Hyperabad who think sandals = business casual, so I can't use the microwave without my food tasting and smelling like Bombay sweat and curry shits. So other than sandwiches, salads, dry snacks, and fruit, any ideas of what I could make or bring?

stay triggered pol-fag

You could make foods. Have you thought about food?

To be fair it's out of 100.

>Not to hijack this thread, but... actually, that's exactly what I'm doing. Deal with it.
>What are some things I can prepare at home and bring to work for lunch. Ideally make it the night before, so needs to be able to keep for 12 hours. I have a fridge at work, and a microwave, but I work with a lot of Pajeets .... So other than sandwiches, salads, dry snacks, and fruit, any ideas of what I could make or bring?

I ignore the work fridge/microwaves, similar reasons.
I pack my lunch daily in a small insulated zip cooler bag. Get one that you can feel the thickness of the form, not just the metallic reflective foil lining.
I pack a sandwich, or small tupperware container with cold something in it, and keep it cold all day with a single frozen water bottle, a frozen honest grape drink (think capri-sun), and 2 cold drinks. I bring home the two frozen ones daily which get maybe 50% thawed in 12 hours, or maybe I drink them if I have to have a cold drink on the way home while running an errand, or I had a particularly thirsty day. Refreeze, repeat. In the morning, I pack one large Tervis or 16oz vacuum insulated drink. Iced tea or iced coffee typically, maybe some hot coffee or jasmine oolong in the colder weeks. My two consumable beverages can go on top of the ice if I want to "refill" my sippy container.

I like to make a nice salad on Saturday, and the veggies go into wrap sandwiches the rest of the week. I smear a spinach wrap with cream cheese/goat, some kind of herb or arugula or cress, a leftover as protein or lunchmeat, and then pack in veggies. I hit it with a touch of lemon dressing or avocado, no matter how many times I make it in a week, I can vary the flavors.

I do keep at home the bowls of Campbells soup with the lid. They are my emergency pantry meal that I can take the work, or even keep in my desk for just in case days or lazy mornings. I like the Thai soup, and the mushroom bisque. Pair with a roll or cracker pack.

how is gook tiffinware fedora you dumb neckbeard piece of shit?

A fucking plastic bag from the grocery store.
Jesus Christ, are you from /out/ or something?

Buy 100 of these

Tupperware + collected plastic grocery store bags if you have an office fridge

If you can get paid to eat at your desk, wouldn't it be less of a waste to go home an hour earlier?

I saw this post and immediately ordered one. Am I homosex?

No you are now a qt with an adorable lunch box

you're a fucking faggot and should off yourself immediately

holds up spork

>made out of ceramic
N-nani?!?