What do YOU buy from the dollar store?

What do YOU buy from the dollar store?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=J0zySGE82HY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cheese whiz and crackers packs

shitty prepared foods

cleaning supplies and cheap kitchenware.

food? fuck no. maybe a soda.

coca cola

>dollar store soda
yucky

Has anyone eaten one of these?

is that coke any different than in regular stores?

The 99c store down the street has pretty decent produce. Avocados and other hipster produce and mushrooms and shit.

Shut yer Lyin gob

>99c store
>decent produce

it's been ages since i've gone but last time i went most of the produce was either rotting lettuce or malformed watermelons

They had watermelons!

go away Jack

nothing worth buying but yes

only shit i remember actually getting there were mexican cookies and those bigass coke bottles with cane sugar

They have this off brand cookie that is basically the Keebler fudge striped cookie but better in every way.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=J0zySGE82HY

At Dollar Tree? Junk food.

I buy Jack Links All American beef and cheese sticks, best price anywhere.
Sport cap gatorades, frozen Icee cups, cold coke products like a bottle of Sprite or Coke, theater box candy, lays Stax chips.

I dont actually buy any off branded food there, they sell enough "normal" branded candy and food.
The only off brand food that I have bought there, I bought black olives and they didnt taste very good.

As for a "dollar store" like Dollar General, mine is essentially a mini food mart anyways. You can buy brand food for the same price or cheaper than the grocery store. Really good prices on cereal actually.

I prefer the 99 cent stores over Dollar Tree. I typically get pasta, lentils, and the occasional pasta sauce or canned tomato product. Their produce is pretty good too, generally fresh. They will occasionally have random discounted stuff like yogurt and the like, but that's really variable. I also like to get frozen berries there.

They had those Oscar Meyer hot dogs with the cheese in them for a dollar a pack and I'm a sucker for those.

it is if you're aware it's yucky dollar store soda

anything but food

literally nothing, poorfag

How can you say to yourself " I'm gonna buy a dollar rib steak ". I bet there is everything but meat in it

Quick oats
Lemon Juice
Lime Juice
Generic seasonings (like their version of Old Bay)
Malt-O-Meal Cereal
Jalapenos
Sunflower seeds

Non Foods:
Birthday/Holiday cards
Water Polymer Balls
Mouthwash
Fluoride Rinse
Body Powder

We recently got a grocery outlet store than sells stuff that is
>discontinued
>out of season
>restaurant surplus
>damaged (those trucks that spill 2000 boxes of Capn Crunch on the highway in a crash? those boxes end up here)
>expired/nearly expired
>random stuff that wasn't selling well at regular supermarkets

Prices tend to be 50-90% less than typical grocery stores

I'm conviced they sprinkle those with crack. You eat one and next thing you know you look like a fat fuck with your empty cookie packaging.

Coconut milk (name brand, but 1$ vs 1.50 at grocer)
Cheap snacks like mexican corn nuts
Solar-powered window bobblers
Flip flops
Garden pots

Airtight jars to put the weed in I'm about to sell
Toothpaste and other toiletries

I shopped at a place like that and it was fucking awesome. Good place to stock up on non-perishables

The old deployment favorite.

I'll drink it, regret it, then repeat the cycle the next time I find myself in the Dollar Tree

>non-perishables
What exactly is a non-perishable? What doesn't go bad?

My love for u bb girl

make the switch

Thanks, dad.

I've always wanted him to say that for real :)

Shelf stable. As in doesn't require immediate refrigeration or special storing.

This means a month to a few or years. Not eternity, use your noggin.

I buy one-off decorations for holidays. Shit I don't mind ripping down and throwing away. I'll also use dollar stores for shit like tape, wrapping paper and similar bullshit.

I never buy food there, ever.

nice prayer beads, you hipster faggot

>comic sans

Nothing because I'm not white

Fine, What do you steal from the Dollar store?

/kek/

Pick sweet vegetables.
Canned Chicken.
Olives.
Coconut milk.
Double shot energy drinks.
Dried Fruit, sometimes.
Popcorn.
Coffee
Tea.

Every now and then they'll have vanilla extract for sale, that's generally the only food I'll buy from them.

It's the only place I can find these

Thanks

Red baron personal pizzas

Not food, that's for sure. Usually utensils, superglue, and cat toys.

Nothing, because I'm not white

Holiday decorations
Wrapping paper
Gift bags
Picture frames
Light bulbs(big round ones for bathroom)
Batteries
Cleaning supplies
Office supplies (rubber bands, paper clips, dry erase markers..)
Tissues
Plastic containers
Kitchen utensils
Kitchen rags
Salt & Pepper
Chips
Candy
Bread (near expiration but I always put in fridge and toast it anyway)
Frozen fruit (for smoothies)
Orange Sherbet

I mainly go there for the decorations and the colorful plastic containers to organize all my junk in... I even have some in the fridge that I organized all my food in so its not a clusterfuck anymore.

>Frozen fruit (for smoothies)

a lot of the frozen fruit there is from china. i avoid.

Oh shit i need this

TIL brown people love wasting money

Maybe /pol/ is right about you guys being stupid after all

well crap. I didn't even think to look at that.

Chocolate
Salted Peanuts
Mixed Nuts
Arizona Iced Tea
School Supplies (notebook, pen, highlighters)
Deodorant
Toothpaste
Spices

Fine wine and artesianal cheeses.

Medications
Snack food

They used to have RJ connector cables. I needed one in a hurry for work; the one I bought is still in use, two years later.

>not recognizing a Spider Man signed by stan lee.

user have you ever thought to yourself "man, I sure would like to know what its like to have the aftermath of an abortion in my mouth!"

>reddit

marijuana piss tests
$1 large mixed nut and dried fruit snacks (so fucking good for a dollar)
planters for my garden
hodge podge random shit to use to build other shit

>recycled bants
This is why non-whites will never rise to dominance

By not paying a large amount of money for designing the logo, they pass the savings onto you!

>$$ harp hopper
>Grocery Outlet

Is that not like the best veal ever?

>marijuana piss tests

I forgot they sold those there

cheesecloth
i think that's it

More like /sip/ it

I've never been.

I don't go to the Dollar Tree near me.
A lot of black people shop there, and they're the type of black people who don't like whitey going to their store.

broomsticks. i own a husky and have to drymop several times a day. cheap plastic broomsticks would break after a few weeks. luckily though my local dollar stores have started carrying slightly higher quality broom sticks/painters sticks with metal screw on ends. haven't had to replace one in months

Toiletries, dry goods, medications, soap, cleaners, dog snacks, some canned goods etc. They have a lot of the same brands as big grocery stores at drastically lower prices.

>They have a lot of the same brands as big grocery stores at drastically lower prices.

If you actually break it down, its way more expensive buying it at the dollar store.
99 cents looks better than buying something for 2.50, until you realize you get 4 times the product.

this honestly, I've been to a few and it's literally a store full of totally worthless crap

Candy

>take a small sip

Not .mil but I also get these sometimes

nuts and seeds and maybe some spices.

BUT IN ALL SERIOUSNESS, DOES NO ONE BUY THE DOLLAR TREE FOAMBOARD!?!?!?!

I bought their tape dispenser and some of the round metal pencil holders.
Some of their stuff is as nice or nicer than small stuff youd find at walmart for twice the price

Just watch what you buy and youll be fine

yeah tape is nice, but I dont buy much food from them. I like building rc planes from their foamboard and im super autism about it.

My dollar tree sells the big bottles of arizona tea, the lemon ones. Not a bad deal for a buck.

Also occasionally an ice cream sandwich. I'm sure a box isn't too much but I don't need a box honestly.

dollars

I'm capable of comparing sizes. I can buy a 15 oz can at Dollar Tree for $1.00 or a 15 oz can at local big grocery chain for $1.49. Or spend a $1 instead of $1.59 for a 1lb bag of rice or beans. That's a significant savings on each month's grocery budget. For the same brand product.

This and also Chester's Hot Fries

You need to go, and take pictures. Then post the pictures on Veeky Forums.

Canned chicken bologna. And canned plankton

whipped cream and cough syrup

Im going to take dump

Not necessarily Veeky Forums material, but you can save a ton of money buying cleaning supplies at the dollar store. I usually buy sponges, gloves, cleaning solutions, etc.

The best thing you can buy at Dollar Tree is LA's Totally Awesome floor cleaner. It's just as good as swiffer fluid but a tiny fraction of the price. Also the arm & hammer baking soda containers for vacuuming.

I go about once a month and spend 15$ on what would otherwise be 30$ at a grocery store.

99c store is a whole different thing from Dollar Tree. It's unusual that any food from Dollar Tree is actually good, unless you're looking for junk food. Good for cleaning supplies, the occasional soap or shaving cream, maybe.

99c, on the other hand, has a sizeable produce section and some selection of canned goods & such. Really worth looking at, in my neighborhood, anyway.

original lays stax