How do you handle rejection?

How do you handle rejection?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rCM2LumjBPk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

badly t b h

With rage

By realizing your rejection and you are insignificant and everyone is going to forget it

By avoiding it so much that I am living an empty life

Keep trying until you're not rejected.

My writing was rejected for about 5 years, just recently I got my first acceptance. All that rejection just made me work harder, make my stuff that much better, which was a good thing in the end.

>Keep trying until you're not rejected.

This is my approach with girls I like too

Like a man.

Yeah, it works too.

Realize that its a major part of life, and attempt to learn from it, and get over it ASAP.
all kidding aside, I drink. Ideally gin.

pretty well.
it's a numbers game.
whatever it is, you just keep trying.
just never take it personally (with some exceptions), you should be aware of why you got rejected and learn from it otherwise you're just going down a path of feeling like absolute shit for the rest of your life.

/thread

/thread

How are you able to channel the rejections into something that yields good work in general? Do you not spiral down into a cycle of self-critique and general introspection?

/thread

Embrace the self-loathing until you've either killed yourself or grown enough to stand above it

not that guy but you have to learn how to be extremely self-critical without being a dick about it. be cold and brutal when it comes to improving your work if you want to be great or good at least.

I am that guy, but basically said it.

Self-critique is a very good thing to learn. If you write shit, that's fine, as long as you learn something from it, and constantly improve.

How do you gauge whether you've improved, and how are you assured of that self-critique being on point? (there are, after all, bad critics as well)

not that guy again but your ability to discern what's good and bad basically determines how good your work will be.
if you're unable to tell what's good and what's bad then your work probably won't be so great.
you might need to read more to sharpen your ability to tell what's good, bad or just okay.

don't hesitate too long on deciding what to cut out. as i said, be cold and brutal, if something's sub-par or shit cut it out immediately and move on. that's the best way to improve.

be full of yourself

seriously

if you ever get rejected by anyone they're the ones missing out

air fucking tight

It also depends how deluded you are about your own work though

Jokes on you, I refuse to wear anything other than black shirts with anime prints on them
Atheist 1
(You) 0

well that's the challenge. it's hard to be completely objective with yourself but i see it more as something you can improve as you write more and more as opposed to something that stays static, unless you're happy in deluding yourself. comparing it with whoever you deem the greats is also pretty important.

throw a lot of shit on the wall see what sticks

dont get angry if you are rejected, it is considered bad form.

sometimes if i am waiting for a reply on internet dating i send that picture of a skeleton at a computer, that one is usually pretty funny and provokes a reaction

It's strange. I just got out of a relationship with a woman who lives almost entirely in the subjunctive mood: woulda, coulda, shoulda... When I found out she had an on-line bf I was upset at first, but primarily at myself for putting up with her crazy shit for as long as I did (3yrs). When I realized this, I became okay. Incredible ass, though.

truth

Violence

>implying I get rejected
you wish you had my cock

I get you're trying to be funny. But I think a lot of people will take you for being passive aggressive. It's a very tenuous situation, people react very differently to these things.

>Incredible ass
pics? it's just an ass, hardly any way to identify...

This

You see, the difference between you and me is that I'm sure of your passive-aggressiveness.

You're wrong. I didn't say anything that suggests so. I genuinely think a lot of people will take that as being passive-aggressive. I also genuinely think it's a difficult situation because people react so differently to it.

and I was genuinely merely jesting

Doesn't make sense. You should admit when you don't know what a phrase means, or learn how to save face better.

>save face

oh shit you got me my friend

Just like Adam Trask after seeing what a disgusting lump of flesh Cathy turned ot to be.

With a fully loaded shotgun. Look at all these fucking beta cucks taking rejection.

By not trying at all.

I think this user has the right track, but I think the most important mark of a good author is less objective analysis than cultivating a highly subjective taste. You should be able to read a work and strike out what makes it succeed to you, and then you should be able to read your own and understand where it works and how it falls short of your own vision and the vision of others, crucially, that you yourself subscribe too.

I think the study of English literature is probably the most important tool to good writing, in that it shows you the methodology of particular writing.

How do you pick up girls from the bar. I need to get laid.

I never put myself in situation where I might face rejection.

How are you planning to handle regret?

this.

reject myself too.

>need

>How do you handle rejection?

With neurosis, apparently.

like a man, without drama, just moving on and trying again

what's wrong with sensitivity in men?
everyone has shit that hurts them. bottling it up leads to callousness and dissatisfaction at the best of times.

feeling is ok, drama is not. Drama is for pussies

Punching

Like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=rCM2LumjBPk