Tfw struggling on Algebra II on khanacademy

>tfw struggling on Algebra II on khanacademy
Why the fuck is it so difficult? Or is it just me?

I just cant do it. It's so much to learn and I haven't even touched calculus yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

wallstreetoasis.com/blog/do-i-need-math-for-finance
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just b urself

Keep practicing user , don't give up.
Some people are just shittier at math.

What field are you trying to get into ?

I'm looking forward to an illustrious career as a premed.

Good luck getting good grades in math. Psst once you truely understand cal 1 , cal 2 will be a breeze

If this is what you want, get your ass off Veeky Forums and start practicing. Stop wasting practice time.

That post wasn't me. He was just mocking med students.

I want to study finance or computer science.

>I want to study finance or computer science.
That's even worse news for you.

What is the news?

Well user we have some bad news. Algebra is like a minimum in both those fields.

I guess gender studies and art is become pretty popular today right ?

This site says you dont really need math for finance. He even goes over it specifically.

wallstreetoasis.com/blog/do-i-need-math-for-finance

>Basic Arithmetic

>Come on, we should all hopefully have some knowledge of this. No matter what field of finance you're in, your job probably will require you to compute numbers. Luckily,Exceland your trusty TI-83 have your back for basic arithmetic.

>Mental/"Fast" Arithmetic

>However, sometimesExceland calculators just don't cut it if you have to make quick decisions within seconds. This is most useful for options trading, whether pure prop or market making, for pricing (obviously) but also for mentally estimating your greeks. But it can also be useful in trading underlyings as well if you're asked to price a more complex products.

>Algebra

>I haven't seen many uses for this, at least in the traditional way. I know that manyfinancial models(both trading and banking) require you to solve for a variable, but withExceldoing all the work, it's hardly algebra.

>Geometry

>Um...don't think so.

>Trigonometry

>Not unless you count modeling something that requires sines, cosines, etc. (potentially in quantitative trading).

>Calculus

>As far as I can tell, it's only useful when you're taking derivatives for a pricing/trading model in quantitative trading. Although it's definitely helpful to generally know how derivatives work and what they mean for a function.

>Differential Equations

>I haven't seen/heard it being used, but it's possible that it's used somewhere in quantitative trading (doubt it though).

>Stochastic Calculus

>Ah, the language of options pricing. If you're going to be a derivatives trader, you will probably still not touch this. But if you're a quant working on pricing models for derivatives, I imagine this would be useful.

>Basic Statistics/Probability

>I can't stress how important this is.

You need maths for CS

Most those maths involve some form of algebra

He says algebra doesn't have many uses (for finance).

But it does , that maths he posted that are used in finance tend to use algebra too.

He said it doesn't. Excel does the work for you.

That's like saying you don't need to know how to do long division since you have a phone with a calculator.

Excel is pretty powerful though

So is the smartphone your point . we're talking about getting a degree while being god awful at basic algebra

You never need to know how to use long division, I rejected the concept in grade school (*tips fedora*). Just do short division.

Which part of Algebra II on you on?

Functions and other stuff

oh I thought functions were pretty fun. just keep at it man you'll get it unless your completely brain dead

Pretty sure you lack foundations. How did you do in algebra 1?

OK. I understood group theory but got lost when the professor started talking about modules and rational / Jordan form.

Just study one thing at a time. Pause each video after a step is taken and ask yourself whether you understand that step. If you don't, rewind the video and watch it again. Do not skip forward without understanding. There is no point in watching the more advanced material if you cant do the prerequisite material first, you'll get no where.

I just do practice questions and mastery challenges though

algebra is almost at easy as trig. what are you doing wrong?

I'm about to graduate in CS and lost my ability to do even basic number manipulation long ago, you can get by without it.

If you're having trouble understanding the concepts, you need to read more, eventually you'll find an explanation that makes sense to you and you'll be able to justify the idea to yourself.
If you're making a tonne of mistakes when doing problems, you just need to grind more problems until you don't make mistakes.

don't worry, learning calc for the first time is much easier than learning algebra for the first time

>tfw got a 4 on BC Calc AP test last year and a 98 in the class
>tfw taking basically the same class again as Calc 1300, now at a prestigious college
>tfw sitting at a 71 class average rn

Maybe I'm just not cut out for engineering.

post the video you're stuck on!

Really?

algebra 2 will be the hardest you take for your age (assuming u are 16 or 17)