Hi, Veeky Forums. What should I eat to stop being depressed...

Hi, Veeky Forums. What should I eat to stop being depressed? Keep in mind I have little time to cook and in fact I suck at cooking.

Please advise.

Other urls found in this thread:

onegreenplanet.org/natural-health/plant-based-foods-with-the-highest-amount-of-omega-3-fatty-acids/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mushrooms of the magical kind.

Also if you're not taking antidepressants at johns wort. As for food-food, junk food just makes you feel like shit; baked salmon's always healthy and tasty.

I mean food-food. I'm not sure how junk is the stuff I eat but I don't eat much anyways.

Beer

Good place to start would be setting some meal times and portioning shit out. I mean it doesn't sound like much but structured mealtimes made me feel less shit than eating whenever I got hungry. (Either a fuckton or nothing/something before bed)

Serious on the mushrooms though, helped me a fuckton with treatment resistant depression.

Peanuts

I eat breakfast, lunch (pretty poor though) and dinner (always sandwiches). I stick to it pretty strictly but that doesn't help much.

Give some examples of your meals then.

Breakfast
>cereal
or
>yeast cake (it's a regional thing)

Lunch
>sub
or
>kebab
or
>spaghetti
or
>sandwiches

Dinner
>sandwiches, usually not too rich or anything

Eat a bullet

lunchables

>emotional eating
This is why you're fat

I'm actually a skeltal.

Eat a big piece of fresh ginger every day. Also eat a hot chili. These two things chock your body but they also produce "happiness". And as time goes by you will become more used to hot food. And you can step it up. Try some local indian food and ask them to make it a little hotter when you're used to it. Rice is also good because it increase the pleasure of eating. If you don't like boiled rice you can boil it lightly then fry it in oil together with spices. Cut down on fat and spaghetti/potatoes which tend to make you feel more tired

Does it make you feel good to tell depressed people to kill themselves?
It's really sad and pathetic.

Depressed? Have a depressant!
Areyouabeer.jpg

OP, you don't need a different meal, you need a hobby.

Doesn't help in the least. I eat 200g per day. Every day.
t. depressed fuck

i love chocolate and desserts.
iced coffee is great for summer. or a simple alcoholic cocktail such as gin&tonic.

This is reasonable advice, I think. I've subconsciously put more of these foods into my diet in the past when feeling depressdd and it helped.

You'd also do yourself a favor by including a multivitamin at least. Gradually eating more vegetables, however you can stomach them at first, will help regulate your gut which will help.

You might also consider trying to add in exercise when you can. It makes a difference.

Good luck user, things get better.

make cooking your thing
maybe youll become less depressed if you make something tasty.
start with easy things like fried rice and vegies.
stay healthy in general
fruits and vegetables will better your mood.
e.g. bananas and peaches will build serotonin in your body.

The triple S is what I live by a good 75% of the week and is always diverse and will contain the same recipe in rotation once every month.
>soups
>shakes
>stir fry

wallnuts and dark chocolate are actually proven to help depression. the minimum recommended pure chocolate is 70%
also exercise. going for a walk, especially at day really helps.

Omega 3 fatty acids, proven to help not just depression, but with attention span, too. Just get foods that have that. Get fish pills for the DHA, too. Plants that have Omega 3's are foods that have/are flaxseed, chia seeds, and some more.
onegreenplanet.org/natural-health/plant-based-foods-with-the-highest-amount-of-omega-3-fatty-acids/

You can eat ground flaxseed with yogurt like I used to, or chia seeds, or again, look for foods that advertise Omega 3's (hell, some peanut butter comes with Omega 3's). You can get tuna from cans, make yourself tuna salad sandwiches.

And this one is hard. Try to cut out as much sugar as you can. Everything in moderation pretty much. If you have a sweet tooth like me, try your best to go for something "healthier" that has sugar, and no, I don't mean smoothies. As nice as sugary goodies are, it's not long until you feel like crap from all of it.

I don't know if caffeine might work for you if you also have anxiety. Caffeine can wake you up. Depression can cause fatigue, I know what it feels like, so maybe try that. Don't go crazy though. Try coffee or black tea. Avoid sodas.

this.

also yeah, caffeine drinks helps different types of people. take them in moderation and see what works

I would just go very healthy without trying to subscribe to any of the meme vegan/keto diets. Just veggies, meat, a hunk of bread and some cheese, water and weak table wine and maybe a piece of cake twice a week. If you want to shock your system then I'd suggest a cleanse. I did 10 days of the lemonade diet where you only drink like 400 calories a day of sugar water and by the end of it my tongue no longer had placque in the morning and I actually felt great after resuming a healthy diet. Also you lose like 10lbs which definitely helps with your self image. Also take whatever vitamins they say help boost testosterone, that can help

You could start by making fewer excuses.

>I have little time to cook
"Cooking isn't a priority for me right now." Same with other things you don't have time for, be it more work or exercise or socializing or whatever else you could be doing when you're moping in front of the TV, or playing games, or scrolling social media.

>I suck at cooking
"I'm too lazy to learn." Nobody starts out awesome at it, and it takes time to learn some basics to get decent.

There's no 1 food that's going to get you to stop being depressed. Stop focusing on whatever problems you have in your life and start focusing on being better, a little every day. Exercise is like a magical self-help pill, get some in every day. Find a hobby like another user suggested, or making cooking your new hobby. Eat healthy, whole foods, train your body, train your mind.

You don't just "fix" depression, it's a long haul of a lot of things, and any single piece of advice you try is only going to leave you disappointed because it didn't magically work.

yea lsd and mushrooms have been doing a ton of good for me.

otherwise, stop eating shit when you eat out. eat less if youre getting junk or pick healthier options if you can. watch your gut health, eat pickles and yogurt etc. get sugar from fruits and drink more water. and learn to cook with baby steps. it doesnt take long to make something nice either, and you can prep stuff ahead. i made seitan the other day and fried peices for my veggie sandwiches all week

There is no food that will cure depression.
Seek professional advice.

fluoxetine

Alcohol in any form

Meal with a lot of colour, it's summer in my country so we can have some awesome vegetables with a lot of nice colour that are easily cooked
You can do : Tomatoes + shallot + basil + pepper/salt + olive oil and some italian cheese
Or you can do : 'Poulet basquaise' with chicken + pepper (red, green) + tomato + garlic and oil
Eat fruits,fruits sugar is always good
Enjoy a meal with your friends. If you dont have any friends, sign up in a cooking class and make some

I don't think chewing on a bullet would kill someone

Try eating foods with tyrosine in them, they help boost dopamine levels which was really helpful for me since my depression is triggered by a dopamine deficiency. I know it's hard but just having a regular eating schedule at least helps you feel more like a normal functioning person as well.