Meme Foods

Hipster meme food

What's up with these trendy hipster businesses showing up on my Facebook feed lately?

Take this for example: Sedaï Sushi Bowls.

It's raw fish and sushi rice sold on a fucking bowl. It's not even sushi. Hipsters here in Argentina are paying $15-$20 dollars for this shit.

Why? Look at all those fucking likes too.
Do millenials do this shit on your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sushi#Chirashizushi
instagram.com/sedaisushi/
projectbrunch.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The white ones do.

They show up on your feed because they're targeted ads. They show ads based on your browsing history, you dummy.

You've played yourself

It is sushi

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sushi#Chirashizushi

>Chirashizushi (ちらし寿司, "scattered sushi", also referred to as barazushi) serves the rice in a bowl and tops it with a variety of raw fish and vegetable garnishes. It is commonly eaten because it is filling, fast and easy to make.[citation needed] It is eaten annually on Hinamatsuri in March.

instagram.com/sedaisushi/

They even have a meme food truck

>citation needed

IT'S SHIT ON RICE, WIKIPEDIA. COME THE FUCK ON. DO I NEED CITATION TO TELL YOU THE SKY IS BLUE?

Nice [citation needed].
Maybe at Hinamatsuri you can eat something similar in Japan but I doubt it's the same product.

I certainly wouldn't waste $20 dollars when you can eat real sushi for less money.

Top lel

I don't see the issue unless it's massively overpriced for the quality of the fish.

I wasn't aware that there were hipsters in Argentina desu

there are a lot of italians in argentina. it's like the jersey shore of south america

But this picture is nice.

hipsters are everywhere, they are the cancer of the west

>Argentina
>White

Yes

>Argentina
>The West

Do you have something to contribute or just /pol/ memes? Its a multicultural country we are not obsessed with race like americans

Anyway you brought race into the discussion I was talking about hipsters eating fake sushi.

Hipster foods in no general order:
>all meat
>all vegetables
>all bread
>all pasta
>all grains
>all fruit
>all condiments
>all liquids
just a few to begin with there, Veeky Forums.

I already posted a serious reply. Mommy says I'm allowed to post memes now.

Argentina is whiter than America

Probably true but that's not saying much given that America is majority black/Hispanic.
You're still a bunch of darkies.

>>>/Pol/

i'm a "darkie" because i'm mexican thank god i don't want to be a white fuck
your race is dying and you deserve it for your crimes of colonialism and genocide against native peoples

>Mexican
>not White

Enjoy all that Spanish blood, amigo.
inb4 muh steezo

>tfw: your grandfather sailed thousand of miles to a penguin infested rock in the south Atlantic to slaughter Argie conscripts.

and my kid died in Sandy Hook

Lmao like 200 pesos??? Smfh these are the same people who then ask for more government gibs

"Sushi bowl concept"
Wtf did they mean by this

>Argentina
>80% white
>united states
>40% white
How does it feel to know that you live in a majority black country?

Que carajo vos! Estoy son pinche mamadas para pendejos wey!
Duh fuck my dude? These niggas can make it themselves and save $$!
>but muh culture enrichment N sheeeit
PASA ME MAS TINTO, SE VINO LA PACHANGA!
Anyways, here in Southern California, there is phenomena of "foodie" trucks. Is it good? About half, but what really riles my ass up boy is, they done raked up prices son! I'll tell you what, I recommended y'all to do y'all own cooking/preparations. I love my own food than any goddamn restaurants!
>but muh ambience ya pleb!
I'd rather save $$ and spend it on outdoors trips/hunting than "trendy" eateries.
Argentina is HuWhite.

Can it beat the Chicken Cone?

it's obviously true that it's filling, fast and easy to make but it's not obviously true that it is commonly eaten, or that it is commonly eaten for that reason.

Is this any different from a poke bowl?

how the fuck are you not able to discern the difference for yourself

maybe he's not a weeb faggot or a hipster

are weebs and hipsters the only people with eyes and a brain

>Raw fish
>Rice
>Other shit

???

so you actually can't work out the difference

jesus fucking christ

Dude it's okay to admit they're the same thing

they are literally the same thing.

sushi ingredients tossed into a to-go bowl. whats with your being anal about meme foods

is poke the same as sashimi, user?

If you put raw bite sized pieces of fish into a bowl over rice with some vegetables or sauce or whatever I'd say it's too similar to a poke bowl to reasonably expect someone to be able to tell the difference

I think poke has specific seasonings that make it poke rather than just chirashi. I think the fist is marinated too in poke. You can't really tell from a picture if those specific seasonings were used or not.

So user expected me to tell the difference based on the flavors of the seasoning based on a picture? Wew

Anything with kale forced into the food for no good reason. When it doesn't add to the meal but rather just because hipsters will be like "oh look it has kale! it must be healthy!"

poke is marinated fish and doesn't usually have rice.

Really? Every single poke bowl place I've been to includes rice by default. I guess I was thinking of the rice bowl thing they do where I live and not the authentic thing

Isn't this just expensive and oversauced Poke?

Poke places in the US usually have a poke bowl option that has rice as filler. At least here in Southern California it's really common. I can't speak for other regions.

>no rice
What

El sushi en argentina es màs caro todavia que en yankeelandia. Ademàs de eso un montòn de emprendedores jovenes argentinos usan estrategias publicitarias similares que se inspiran mucho en los movimientos hipster y de internet, porque intentan llegar asì a gente de su propia edad.

sushiritto but it looks like that died with 2016

Sushi """burritos""" make me so angry, it's just a giant maki roll. Fucking hipster bullshit.

These are fucking awful

I had that once or twice from a truck in Hollywood and honestly it was awesome. The biggest issue is that it was way too much food for one sitting, and of course you can't keep it for later.

The one I had also had no surimi and less bullshit - it was salmon, tuna and avocado in roughly equal amounts with rice and some roe, and generic spicy mayo.
$11 for what would be 2 people's lunch no problem. It was pretty enjoyable, relax.

wow racist much? black people can be hipsters too, you know.

>i just posted a meme food like OP said
>you type two paragraphs about why sushiritto is good and tell /me/ to relax
kek

There were hipsters in Argentina before it was cool.

>avocado and cream cheese with rice

Seriously who likes this shit? I like all 3 of those things but not together, fuck.

>Overly excessive shit like that were made for Instagram rather than eating.
>Anything with stale sugary kid cereals as a topping
>Or uses junk food
>Whole-animal concept shops that charge an arm and a leg for literal tripe
>Any place that ever uses the word "fusion" to describe their establishment's cuisine
>Or says its a "local take" on another kind of regional cuisine
>"Rustic"
>Name of restaurant contains an abbreviation for the area of the city

What else am I missing?

>Or says its a "local take" on another kind of regional cuisine

don't think this is a problem, it's how the world works

>"Rustic"

people have been using that word for at least 40 years in a culinary context

it can be lazy but it's a valid aesthetic

>cafe
>no one goes there for coffee
places like that are annoying, especially if you go in for coffee then just look retarded when you realise no one else is actually having coffee, and theyre all ordering dinner and shit.

sushi bars trying to capitalize on the gluten free trend while using malted vinegar in their rice

gotta call beforehand to check their shit, but sometimes the vinegar doesn't have any english on it and the hispanic people that got hired because no one in the midwest can tell the difference can't read the bottle

Thats extremely offensive NGL. Thinking that Argentineans are like Mexicans and talk like those dirty brown wetbacks. Youre literally the type of guy to go to Japan and speak Chinese or go to Sweden and speak german. "Haha bet you Japanese sure love eating dog right lmao China does it so do you, youre both Asian right lmao". Its more unnerving that there are more people think like you so whenever I say I'm Argentine chef to an american they start talking to me about enchiladas and start going on about how taco bell tacos aren't really tacos and how the restaurant disrespects my culture because of that

Mate argentina is a fucking shithole when it comes to food, look at how they all suck mc'donalds dick even though the food is shit.

>what really riles my ass up boy
Your ass up boy is riled? You should settle him down by tongue-punching his b-hole.

Its not "hipster" its just businesses trying to find what people like and wrapping it in a different package and charging 10$ more. Blame Capitalism.

Does that shit really happen you? Pretty fucked up even if they're well meaning. I thought by now people would know the difference between Mexico and Argentina. Even my grandmother knows Mexica food is tacos and enchiladas with horchata while Argentinia food is chitlins, fried catfish and collard greens with grape Kool-aid.

Fucking thank you, can confirms argentinians here (especially teenage girls) are fucking retarded for this shit

This entire place
projectbrunch.com/

>What's up with these trendy hipster businesses showing up on my Facebook feed lately?
Stupid "social media aggregate" companies found out they can make big easy money by advertising restaurants. Retards like you eat it up and share it with your friends. Free advertising courtesy of RETARD OP.

Sage

Your meme backfired because we do eat fried catfish and trout. There is great fishing in patagonia.

Of course, this being Argentina; beef, empanadas, wine, ice cream, pizza and pasta are the stars of our cuisine.

>Nice [citation needed].
They just gave you a jumping off point to educate yourself, they're not being paid to educate combative retards on Veeky Forums about japanese cuisine.

Anyway you must be some flyover retard to not know that's a thing and fairly common. It's just sushi in a different shape with the idea of sampling several fish/toppings together in a more compact and as-you-want form than a plate of individual sushi.
There's another version where the bed of rice is replaced with sliced cucumber which is the better one imo unless you like heaps of rice like some cultures favor.

You have no one to blame but yourself for buying overpriced fast-food quality shit. I mean the op pic has a fucking cardboard bowl, are you really such a moron you thought you were getting quality? Go to an actual japanese restaurant instead of some stupid overpriced chain shit.
This is like going to five guys and then whining that all burgers are a hipster meme.

That looks poorly executed but if you like the chicken&waffles combo then it could totally work. You'd need a thicker waffle for the cone, that more looks like a thin crisper sweet one for icecream and shit. The chicken looks bad too, you'd probably want something more like "popcorn" chicken or strips.

nigger you just wrote a lot of shit on the basis of a misunderstanding