*pauses and pretends to be moved and captivated by his own slides during a presentation*

*pauses and pretends to be moved and captivated by his own slides during a presentation*

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_private_spaceflight_companies
theverge.com/2017/6/23/15861622/spacex-falcon-9-rocket-landing-success-buglariasat
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_Space_Shuttle_program
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_DC-X
arstechnica.com/science/2017/07/spacex-appears-to-have-pulled-the-plug-on-its-red-dragon-plans/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>his own slides
nah m8 he has a team of powerpoint experts spending >9000 hours in mspaint to create those slides

The pauses are for autism

Why is Veeky Forums turning against based maracas man?

I don't want to say redpill but can someone fill me in on only cynical opinions and facts about Musk and particularly SpaceX.

the "cynical opinions" you're talking about are, in Musk's case, pure shit. he's annihilating NASA and ULA, fucking commies are just bitter that a private company is doing better than a gubburmint organisation

what has SpaceX achieved so far?

aren't they basically the only private space transport company that has been capable of completing any jobs?

because this website is literally hipsters

Not really
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_private_spaceflight_companies

Nothing, really.
Or, they made a rocket land...
Tho, they have never actually re-used one.
And not proven that it actually is cost efficient.

>Tho, they have never actually re-used one.
theverge.com/2017/6/23/15861622/spacex-falcon-9-rocket-landing-success-buglariasat

Oh... well, then it would be interesting to know if they saved any money on it...

according to SpaceX they did save money, no independent information tough but I see no reason why reusing a stage wouldnt be significantly cheaper, especially when the refurbishment process is matured

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_Space_Shuttle_program

I mean, sure, they can probably still make it save money, but it's not really as simple as "Oh, we re re-used the rocket, therefore we must be saving money"

What about the extra cargo (aka, more money) they could have transported if they didn't need fuel to land the rocket?

they lose cargo capacity by almost half.

I remember when pic related was Elon at his tim with his space shit.

Same thing will happen to the south African shit

Shieet

>What about the extra cargo (aka, more money) they could have transported if they didn't need fuel to land the rocket?

There is no extra cargo. The rocket flies in reusable mode for most payloads and in expendable mode if the payload is heavy and/or needs a higher orbit. You cannot just arbitrarily add payload mass to a rocket to fill it up. Most payloads are significantly below the capacity of the rocket so reuse is basically free.

Yeah... true...

Launching from a used one is 30percent cheaper so they save at least that compared to a brand new one

Because wasting money on spreading pollution in space when we have inequality and global warming to deal with is... uhm... bad?

Veeky Forums is more brainlet than /v/, but shares the culture
Anything that is good or competent, Veeky Forums will hate with all their hearts

>retards in charge of shitposting

How does Elon dick tastes like

say what you will about his flair for drama. at least he is fucking doing something.

innovation these days has become synonymous with faggots in san francisco trying to find another clever way to harvest peoples data so that axe body spray can increase sales by 6% to suburban males between ages 17-22, or some other bullshit equivalent.

yes his companies are on the ropes financially. they may not all survive. some investors may lose money. which is what fucking happens sometimes when you make an investment.

at least he is trying to do some badass things that need to be done. transitioning from fossil fuels, developibg infrastructure for space travel, etc.

"yeah but he might fail and he is more charismatic and than i am, therefore he is a hack"

shut the fuck up. 20 years ago there wasnt a rocket that could land. now there is. 20 years ago there wasnt a company that made exclusively electric cars on a large scale. now there is.

but he is also working on electric vehicles (reduce emissions) and decentralized power generation (means of energy production transferred to individuals and families)

>shut the fuck up. 20 years ago there wasnt a rocket that could land.
have you ever heard of something called the fucking Space Shuttle...? We had this over 35 yearsa go, and it completed well over 100 launches and landings.

People like you are so fucking useless in conversations about this stuff. You show that you do not know what you're talking about consistently.

It's a damn shame the Communists never made it to the moon. Had they landed there a few years after the US then the space race would have continued, probably who builds the bigger base there, or who reaches the Mars first.

Not guy you are replying to but the big ass orange thing is not recoverable

lol
thanks user

also, where is the space shuttle now? in a museum. towed there by a japanese truck.

>TFW communism wasted too much money
>could have continued the space dick measuring competition
What'll it take for countries to have competing egos on par with the USA and SU of the cold war era?
I don't see China prioritizing against the US nor EU in anything other than industry and quality of life improvements
Space seems to be a huge back burner project these days
I genuinely think the us should cut its football subsidies and fund space shit

SpaceX is already saving money on its reused rockets though. We don't know how much exactly, but they are giving a 30% discount for booking a used rocket.

>
and the big ass second stage isn't recoverable on a falcon 9 either retard. what's the fucking difference?

the shuttle wasn't a rocket, it was a brick. Sure they recovered the the LOX-H2 rocket engines, but they threw away a big expensive propellant tank.
We did have rockets that could land 20 years ago, the Delta Clipper is an example of one:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_DC-X

But Musk has definitely reduced the cost of launching rockets and that's a pretty big deal. We should certainly be skeptical of his recent announcements though. For one, if their Internet via satellite plan doesn't succeed then we could see another iridium style crash. Other similar past crazy announcements like SpaceX's Red Dragon, which was to send an unmanned Dragon capsule to Mars in 2018 or 2020, got cancelled. arstechnica.com/science/2017/07/spacex-appears-to-have-pulled-the-plug-on-its-red-dragon-plans/

here, it did not help deliver a payload into orbit tbqh, I am deleting my post

>>big
for you

I mean if that's the case then I don't know what the difference is, just pointing out that the shuttle setup isn't a good example for reusability

why'd you delete your post? that was cool pic

+1. only normies think SpaceX reusable rockets are some big deal.

I like elon because its clear that he values the march of science more than holding on to his money.

Like him or not, you have to admit that it would take a long fucking time to find another billionaire willing to make the types of investments that he has

>>+1
this isn't reddit, you can't upvote posts here.

Is Elon charismatic? I read on Reddit that he is. But he seems like he has Aspergers.

Bill gates
Although he should be ashamed for throwing his money to charity, instead of investing it on "potential failure" with the possibility of moving humanity forward

People can associate the symptoms of desensitization with autism
I can see the connection between charisma and aspergs

They have developed a rocket so efficient than with cheap and simple engines they exceed payload fraction of Energia booster.All with dirt cheap merlins that cost under a mil$ each while comparable engines are over 20mil.Other than this they have a launch cadence of new and used stages that exceeds any country on earth and they made a FFSC engine that exceeds the performance of everything that was ever made including SSME and RD191

Several hundred million dollars, is the difference.

>giving it a (You)

downvoted