Pork Rinds

How many of you here have ever tried making these?

Pork skins boiled/dried/fat removed then fried to puff up like popcorn. 96% protein

Just tried this out for the first time with my rib dry rub as a seasoning. Fucking best snack in the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZfumCS4M-YI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well, most of this board is chicken tendie eating whites, so don't be surprised if no one has tried it and they all act grossed out by it. Make a thread about miracle whip,that will get their attention

I've never personally made them myself, but I buy chiccarones con carne at the nexican market down the street all the time. Good fucking stuff.

since when is this board nigger central?

These are way better when you can get them fresh, like at a local fair or something. The ones you can buy off store shelves certainly are good but nowhere near as tasty.

It's full of Americans.
What did you expect?

I always just fry chicken skins

its actually kinda gross how much oil you can render out of a few skins

>tfw half white half beaner
>tfw i look completely white
>tfw able to eat spicy food and can cook
>tfw cops dont shoot me and i get off on speeding tickets all day because dat white privilege

Illustrating my point:

Are kidding? That fat is liquid gold. Whenever i part out chickens i save the fat for rendering, and later use it for roux, or for confit, or any number of other things.

Wait, so eating chicharonnes con carne is the same as tendies with miracle whip? What is wrong with you?

Fucking nasty beaner/nigger food. There's always pig hairs on it

>being illiterate
They have either never tried it or think is gross. And you are just a butthurt white

Also:
You guys can never pretend for very long

Wanna point out that while pork rinds are high in protein, it's all cellulose and won't do anything for you (except make your skin nicer)

It's why commercial bags of pork rinds list something like 48g of protein but 0% of your recommended daily intake

Go to bed, you're drunk.

honestly one of the worst ethnic foods out there. id rather eat lengua or chicken feet than go near pigskin

>ethnic food
HI tumblr. Or pol.
I honestly can't tell you two apart anymore

or sip
or $1 food

why is that important? my point was that pigskin is nasty.

>le /pol/ is just like tumblr maymay

go suck a horse's cock you weak centrist cuckold

My mom likes them, but I can't fucking stand them.

what's surprising is this isn't ..."ethnic" food. It's what you use pork skin for on a farm. They call it "chicarrones" in the bag at the gas station that you've been exposed to....

If you ever butchered a pig you either throwaway the skin or find something useful for it.

White folks stuck in poortown knows nothing other than bigmacs and big gulps.....man.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZfumCS4M-YI

ITT Americucks wanking over a snack they cant make

im not white, im not poor. but exposure to pigskin doesnt automatically make you intellectual. the only thing you got correct in your post was that i discovered it as chicharones, and i maintain my point that they are fucking disgusting.

i dont give a shit about your origin story pedantry or your inferiority complex. eat some real meat, dumpster diver.

There's literally nothing wrong with pork rinds, they're loaded with protein and taste vaguely of bacon.

I've never done puffs like this, but the fat cap when I'm done frying up a batch of carnitas is delicious. Pork fat fried in pork fat for a few hours? Oh yes.

Why do people like these? They taste bad.

I eat this shit all the time. Usually just the bagged stuff though.

I'm white

It's not cellulose, fuckhead, it's collagen. Cellulose is from plants. And yes, collagen is good for your skin.

I keep scrolling by and thinking it's lobster meat

OP, oh so good.

I have fond memories of travel to Costa Rica, Guatemala and Mexico. Hot sauce all over a giant whole piece all puffed up.

Never made them myself. I don't like to buy them either, because I usually eat the whole bag in one sitting and feel like a bad person for the rest of the day.

>open bag of pork rinds
>smells like a fart

why? the same applies to pulled pork kept in styrofoam coolers for catering too

Is that why beaners always look so rotund?

mmm chicharrĂ³n
i don't really like pork but whenever i carve pork loin at work i save the crispy fat for myself lmao

I have never even thought of making my own but now i really want to.

they're nice but only in moderation. here's a goat sauce to eat them with (preferably simple salted/not flavored rinds):

-1 part soy sauce
-1/2 part vinegear
-1/2 part fresh squeezed lemon juice
-salt
-fresh cracked black pepper
-crushed red pepper flakes
-a little bit of sriracha (to taste)

>sriracha
Stopped reading right there.
...i hope i didnt miss anything important.

i thought i would like them, but they didnt taste like i imagined.

pretty tasteless, like gnawing on a bone or something

Hearty kek

you can use whatever fermented chili paste you want bro

derp, forgot the crushed minced garlic. that shit is super important for this