Nippon steel... folded over 1000 times

Nippon steel... folded over 1000 times

>folded over 1000 times

not really. If you fold something 10 times, 2^10 = 1024 layers, and that's what makes it the best steel ever forged, it has 1024 layers.

you could fold it one more time and get 2048 layers but it would be too thick for a knife blade then, but it would make a nice cleaver. once more for 4096 and you would have an axe.

European Damascus is superior.
Archaeologists and metallurgists have actually finally discovered the techniques to produce it.
Hel,l even the American pattern welded stuff is better than than Japanese steel now.
Anyone arguing otherwise is either a weeb or terminally dumb (the same thing I guess).

>Archaeologists and metallurgists have actually finally discovered the techniques to produce it.

How did some bumbling uneducated peasants manage to make it thousands of years ago when it took so much time and effort for scientists with state of the art equipment? Did they just accidentally come across it once through pure luck and then passed down the secret to their families?

probably because swords were a big deal back then, not exactly top priority in the modern era

Yes

same goes for roman concrete, as it has stood for a thousand years, while our "modern" concrete couldn't even last a quarter of that

a lot of this has to do with the fact that we use re-bar in it which rusts and expands, cracking the concrete

Modern concrete is cheap to make and is easy to mass produce. Roman concrete probably took weeks or even months with ingredients that might not even exist anymore.
Also what this user said about re-bar

not anymore, it was superior for the time, but now we have developed ways to surpass it...

>european
>damascus
choose one, only the slavs got anywhere close

American steel... folded over 9,000 times

>knife has more layers than the universe has atoms
W-well atleast I can throw a grape on the edge and it will be cut in half right?

There's also the fact that we don't want these things to last 1000 years.
The materials we are capable of making now are far better than anything that has existed in the past but do you really want to drop 40k on a driveway that will last forever?

This may come as a shock to you autists, but normies, or "humans" as we like to call ourselves, have this thing called "communication" that we use to spread ideas and knowledge

Major inventions like "fire", "the wheel", and "metallurgy" tended to spread pretty quickly and adapted to local raw materials

You're forgetting materials availability, too. You're not pouring much of your volcanic-ash-and-seawater mix in Chicago anytime soon. Nor would its added resilience to marine erosion, which is what people mean when they say "the most durable", help much there.

I don't believe you!
REEEEEEE

I call this knife pattern "the migraine aura"

and then a jap family crest-like icon brand
the insecurities, oh man

the best part is that it's not just a fanfiction kamon, it's a fanfiction kamon made by deleting part of a real one

Nippon steel: alloy so crap they need to fold it 1000 times to make it any good.

>best steel ever forged

Can we stop this meme.

Cheapo chinese factory steel is better.

maybe you should learn that it doesn't matter how much you fold it you can still beat it down as thin as you want

>fold steel 1000 times to make a knife
>can't make a fork, use chopsticks instead
what did Japan mean by this?

Probably that making a piece of flat surface from a hump of metal is easier than cutting out a tiny rake.

I'm glad we all agree that nip steel is overrated crap.
You'd have to be a retard or a weeb (same thing)to argue otherwise.

Damascus was Syrian you dinguses, it was named after the city.

The only Euro rival to it was Uthberht swords and they used imported Syrian steel anyway.