What are some books or genres which make you think less of others if they enjoy them?

What are some books or genres which make you think less of others if they enjoy them?

Nothing. I used to think that YA readers are dumb cunts. But then I read some good YA and realized its not the genre, its the dumb cunts.

Modern conservative lit, like that garbage by Trump, Coulter, Yiannopolous, etc.

I wouldn't call YA a genre. YA books could be sci-fi, romance, horror, whatever. YA is really loosely defined

Ghostwritten books in general are schlock

>implying ghost writers aren't just the psuedonomists of the 21st c.

Nothing wrong with enjoying some shlock. What disgusts me are people who make their identies out of sci-fi, Harry Potter, etc.

the western canon

Anything, but the classics.

Coulter is pretty entertaining IMO, but most books by politicians and political commentators are shit.

The second I see Infinite Jest on someones shelf I immediately know I will not like them. I would rather see someone have a shelf full of Harry Potter honestly.

>>how to have a fabulous life
>>the key to your heart in 4 easy steps

Self help books.

>including a book that hasn't even been written yet

If they arent reading the classics

>implying that you have to read Dangerous if you want to criticize it

Give us a break, we already know it will be utter trash.

>we
Do you have multiple personality disorder?

>we already know it will be utter trash
At least pretend to be intellectually open minded.

J.K. Rowling, John Green

It will be a bunch of le edgy anti-sjw jokes with some plagiarism thrown in. Not worth reading.

>being open minded means that I have to read everything written by Milo before criticizing him

That's more like intellectual cowardice. Not all prejudices are necessarly wrong.

It's one thing to dismiss a book based on reviews and summaries, another thing to dismiss a book that hasn't even been written yet. That's true intellectual cowardice, or rather laziness.

I'll read it if you read whatever Amy Schumer writes next.

I didn't even tell you to read it.

But we already know who the writer is, what's his upbringing, education and what his opinions are.

Either he completely betrays his character and write something completely unexpected (and we have no reason to expect such a thing, nor we have any reason to think that he has the mastery/intellect to do it) or it will be the trash that we already know.

It is fair to assume that Dangerous will be worthless. He'd love to be him, but Milo is no Oscar Wilde.

fantasy

Fair enough. But if you heard she was going to release another book, would you not be inclined to dismiss it as garbage?

You just don't understand royalty.

Your favorite book and your favorite genre.

Speaking of J.G. how come a quarantine thread isn't up?

John Green I can understand, but I enjoyed Harry Potter

To be fair, there is precedent of artists making mediocre work then putting out something groundbreaking. One I can think of is the band Talk Talk who made okay Synth Pop music and then invented Post-Rock out of left field

Ulysses
Gravity's Rainbow
Infinite Jest

>implying political books by liberals are any better

Self-Help trash is a scourge.

This is one of those classic threads