After reading pic related I thought "man, there is no way a woman could ever really understand this book"

After reading pic related I thought "man, there is no way a woman could ever really understand this book"

Are there any books that a woman could understand on a level that a man never could?

vc andrews

50 shades

So...novels not worth understanding? Okay. Neat.

Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian

They are not worth understanding because you are a guy.

So far the only male author I felt I could never unetstand is Hemingway because he writes about stuff like the fear of impotence, castration and being and an unmanly gay homosexual. How could a woman possibly relate to this?
I guess the female equvalent of this would be feminists bitching about menstruation and childbirth. Doesn't sound particularly exciting, honestly.

No.

A lot of Pynchon and some for Hunter s Thompson,

>reads a translation
>thinks he has understood Mishima

I am glad you understood this book written by John Nathan

>Masterbates to Mishima's rock hard abs
>Thinks he understands Sun and Steel

>doesn't wear a fundoshi he made out of bedsheets
>thinks he can understand any Japanese writer

That's your assumption though.

>He doesn't hang around bathhouses waiting to jump on short ripped Asian dudes

You need to go back and reread Patriotism musha

>Are there any books that a woman could understand on a level that a man never could?

There's plenty of 'em, OP

Fucking loved this book. Not sure about the women not understanding part, but it definitely was a coming of age story for males

>tfw I still haven't bought any Mishima because I'm autistic about having consistent editions for an author and the one I want isn't in print anymore

> paranormal romance

didn't think this was a thing outside of twilight what a time to be alive

If anything the paranormal romance period is past its peak, my local Barnes and Noble just rolled their 'supernatural romance' section into their larger 'teen fiction' area during their latest shelf rearrangement.
As I write this I'm realizing how much like a joke this sounds and I wish it actually was.

Good post. I've seen a few chicks profess to love Hemingway so evidently it's not impossible, but he definitely deals with material that would likely have more resonance with men. I haven't read them so this could be utter bullshit, but I've heard that the likes of Jane Austen and the Brontes have a particularly feminine style, and though they're undeniably canonized authors, I often see men denigrate them. Perhaps they're simply more amenable to a feminine sensibility, sort of inverse Hemingways.

Of all the Mishima works, this one is probably on the more readily "understandable by women" side.

ITT impotent bitter virgins

back to /pol/ losers

huh? really? I love Austen and Brontes and I am a manly man secure in my sexuality.

in the military, normie
ask me anything