Strangest meat youve ever eaten? and how was it like

strangest meat youve ever eaten? and how was it like.
ive had coyote & sparrow before, theyre invasive where i live so its okay to hunt them.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myxomatosis
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>eating wild scavengers

>scavengers
im kinda a hardcore eco-fag so i feel obligated to cram whatever is less ecologically devastating into my mouth

Black bear and antelope

Snake, kind of a mix between a fish and gamey chicken

i tried rabbit once

it tastes like chicken but it's really chewy

fugu, nice aftertaste. not amazing during.
horse (raw), actually pretty good
koi, bit muddy tasting
not strange to me: emu and kangaroo. roo is always a bit tough and is difficult to cook. tastes good though. emu is a little like lamb

I ate moose out of a can. game and disgusting. never again.

Horse burger in Valencia, Spain. Tasted and looked like rancid liverwurst

Camel. Underwhelming. Like gamey beef or... Something. Texture was off or something was not quite right in a way that was hard to describe. Not as bad as kangaroo though. That shits fetid.

Can't stand gamey flavor. I'd eat probably try anything as long as it's in sausage, jerky, or stew form though. I've had shark, but goose/duck is about as far as I've gotten with otherwise.

Alpaca
Acceptable, unexceptional.

Dog
Greasy beef in a sauce so spicy I couldn't really taste it

hi im here to be upset

Peacock. Tasted like extra dry turkey.

Uma felicia

I had ostrich once and it was really good, it tasted like something between poultry and sirloin. I've also had alligator and it's like fishy chicken

Jellyfish. Its kinda like eating a plastic bag

I guess emu since everyone and their mother has had venison, bison, boar, and to a lesser extent rabbit by now. It was good, I'd definitely have it again, but I'm afraid they'll break out of their ranches and fuck up the Australian army again.

Had frog at a Chinese buffet too

jellyfish is pretty good

rabbit is exotic?

It's not popular in Australia since they introduced a disease to help with population control

what really? why not just eat the rabbits? nation wide or limited to certain states?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myxomatosis

Interesting how birds can taste like cows, and some mammals taste like poultry. Truly we are all one.

A vaccine is available for pet rabbits (ATCvet code: QI08AD02 (WHO)).[1] The vaccine is not allowed to be used in Australia because the live virus in the vaccine has the potential to spread into the wild rabbit population which could result in wild rabbit immunity to myxomatosis.[9] If this happened, there would be a dramatic increase in the number of wild rabbits in Australia, which would cause major damage to the environment and economic losses.[9] Many pet rabbits in Australia continue to die from the disease due to their lack of immunity

just limit it to desexed rabbits? this disease sounds kinda cruel

It's extremely vicious and also why I've never had a chance to try rabbit, it's not even sold at the exotic meat butcher in my town

Best Steak Ever.

what does it matter though, its a rabbit disease? even if you "catch it" youll only be a vector

Anyone try both emu AND ostrich? Do they taste the same?

Anyone try emu and ostrich? Do they taste the same?

Has anyone here eaten ostrich as well as emu? Do the tastes compare?

Yes
No
The jury's out

horse
beef tounge
intestines , fried

Your mom's pussy.

you cooked it badly

Damn shame too.

All the booming wild animal populations of Australia are extremely tasty animals too like Emu, Camel and rabbit. It's a shame they introduce something as dangerous as a bioweapon into the wild populations to kill them instead of cultivating them for their meat.

kangaroo. a cross bw sirloin and venison. lean and gamey.

gamey? i dont know about that.

Tried springbok once, as biltong. I liked it.