Which U.S. state has the overall best cuisine?

Which U.S. state has the overall best cuisine?

>flyovers need not apply

>Utah
>Funeral Potatoes
Why does Utah always have to be such a weirdo?

Louisiana
/thread

michigan you fucking coastie faggot

Maine or Wyoming based on that pic and based on my mood now.

>Kansas City Style ribs
>Pic shows hot pockets

i think i've heard about ohio buckeyes somewhere

i remember hearing they're actually poisonous to eat even though they look exactly like chestnuts

>Montana is a beef state
>never gets a BBQ dish in these things

We're just not loudmouths like the Texans. Also fuck your pie.

im from alabama and massachusetts clam chowder changed my whole life, i quit fucking my cousin after one bowl

>flyovers need not apply
Uh, why not?

BBQ is the quintessential American food, and it's best in flyover states.

Reminder

Let me guess, you're from Kentucky?

no doubt about it, new hampshire's new england boiled dinner is the worst.

I live in Louisville, and Kentucky is DEFINITELY flyover. The rest of the state is not like us.

The states are mislabled and have the incorrect pictures when they are labeled correctly

>Trying this hard
Stay mad coastie roastie

>tfw georgia
Fuck this state. Burn it down.

Maine

>Fuck this state. Burn it down.

>Colorado is a flyover
>Delaware isn't
You'll have to explain.

funeral potatoes are fucking awesome

If we're flyover then the Californians/New Yorkers have to stop coming here in the summer. It's either you assholes, a French or a Japanese guy that gets gored by a buffalo, every year.

New Jersey is layover. Big difference

>Illinois
>not flyover
Everything except for Chicago and some of the suburbs is flyover as fuck.

LOUISIANA

>Colorado
>weed is legal
>has the best regulation on it and system for it
>has one of the countrie's most popular rich people playgrounds (Aspen)
>flyover

Dude, you're going to have to find me an excuse NOT to go there. Most of the people who believe in this flyover shit are bitter Californians. That state produces more tourism advertising than any other and people still don't want to go there.

>Flyover denizen trying desperately to be seen as a legitimate person

>Vermont good
>New Hampshire flyover
I don't understand, aren't they the same thing?

>pennsylvania
>not showing scrapple, bolognae, whoopie pies, shoo fly pies, chow chow, cole slaw, or any other pa dutch foods
>only showing shit from filthadelphia
get out of here nigger

flyover is literally anything outside of SF/LA/CHI/NY

Got all too "legit" in November. Get in line or next time we'll make Honey Boo Boo president. We don't give a fuck.

so youre made out of jeans?
i looked up denizen and it just showed me jeans

why the hell does arkansas get to claim southern fried catfish? Give that to Mississippi, no one here eats mud pies, I'm not even 100% sure what that dish is made of

Nobody is.

Mississippi mud pie is like one of the cryptoids of American cuisine. People have heard of it but nobody has ever actually seen one.

Texas
>brisket
>steak
>tex-mex
>authentic mexican
>Vietnamese pho
>crawfish
>kolaches
>chili
That's just off the top of my head.

>Nevada
>All-You-Can-Eat-Buffet
>this is considered a state food

>crawfish
>not using it as bait to get bigger, meatier fish that can be used as a way to show texas's biggness
you are a fucking joke

>willingly going to Chicago for anything

I'd rather be out in the sticks than that shithole again

I'm tempted to allow it.

It's a unique culinary experience that you can't have anywhere else in the world. Back when The Aladdin was still open they had this ridiculously good buffet. There's also this one sort of tucked away (I forget the name) that's a knockout as well. It's not a bad idea in the least to go to Vegas for the food, even if you ignore the buffets.

what the fuck is the sticks

kek, if that doesn't deserve a few
>Americans
then I don't know what does

Not that I necessary disagree, but why would you not include Texas with Houston/Dallas? When I went to Houston for a wedding, I was surprised by how international it is because of the energy economy they have. This was The Woodlands though, not sure if that makes a big difference.

The South

most original cuisine.

From Utah, funeral potatoes are fucking awesome. It's basically just a cheesy potato casserole/hotdish. The name serves to point out how collectively autistic Mormons are.

All the major cities in Texas are on the rise in the culinary world. Major cities that were mostly known for their meat-and-potato typical American dishes are becoming increasingly more sophisticated. You can go to Boise, Idaho and get fresh sushi now for fucks sake. That wasn't possible even less than a decade ago.

That's all it is?

Hell, every "heartland" state has some variation of that.

>no state income tax

Yeah well, we don't have a sales tax. Pretty convenient when the price on an item is exactly what it says it is.

Like I said, I think it's mainly the autistic name that makes it so associated with Utah. There are hardly any foods that we can really claim to be native to Utah besides fry sauce and pastrami burgers otherwise. Pastrami burger (with fry sauce) would've been a slightly more unique choice probably.

They should've done separate maps for savory/sweet dishes.

UP is relevant!

>Neither New York nor Nebraska on the map for the reuben
The United States needs to claim this legend somehow.

>kolache, crawfish, and chili
>Texas
Literally what.

Really should have been trenton burger for New Jersey.

Just stay away from Pueblo

You've got to really be retarded to make a bad reuben and at this point it's a universal American dish. New York and Nebraska contest who created it but nobody really cares at this point.

Whoever made this map is fucking retarded
>Arizona
Pork chimichangas, are you fucking kidding me?
>Illinois
Deep dish pizza, wow nice meme
>California
Fish tacos, are you fucking kidding me?

This is like someone just googled "good food in " and wrote that article

>No state income tax
>Have to pay high as fuck property taxes
I do not envy Texas at all when it comes to income tax matters.

I'd rather just give New York the reuben than buffalo sauce by that logic, since buffalo sauce is essentially just your choice of hot sauce mixed with melted butter. At least with a reuben there's the various contests of Polish vs. Bavarian sauerkraut, Russian dressing vs. Thousand Island, Russian rye vs. Jewish rye, etc.

Texas kolache is different from Czech kolache (they're a different Czech thing but nobody can pronounce it so....kolache, and they're ubiquitous)

Texas crawfish is different from true blue Louisiana crawfish; LA Cajuns traditionally use salt n pepper as seasoning, East Texas Cajuns popularized crazy hot crawfish

Texas chili is just beanless, most everyone else uses beans and arguments over it are just funny

>Arkansas
>Fried Catfish
I grew up here and I personally hate catfish in any form. But it is extremely popular for reasons I can't quite fathom.

This. By not including Pennsylvania Dutch cuisine, this listing is null and void.

How likely am I to die if I move to Chicago?

Are you literally retarded.

they are, ohioans make a candy that's a peanutbutter ball coated in chocolate that's called buckeyes because they look similar

>north dakota
>potato lefse crepes

It's just "lefse" faggot

Simply because of the diversity of cultures, I'd have to say California. NYC is extremely diverse, but the whole of New York State isn't. California is crazy diverse all the way from one edge to the other. You can literally find ANYTHING there.

This is literally the only thing keeping me in the state. If you live in a metro, whatever you want to cook, chances are you can get the ingredients all within 10 minutes of your house.

All these years and I never realised Alaska was an island.

WV has pizza rolls we win we dont need anything else

We also have some of the worst food in the country. The seafood is an overpriced meme and our produce is fucking terrible.

t. Alaskan

They sound nasty

(((Diversity)))

Texas beef
They've got brisket on that infographic, and brisket is big... but beef ribs are the way to go if youre getting BBQ in Texas.
Get brisket and beef ribs if you can, but if I had to choose just one Id destroy ribs.

nice try Cali marketing, I'm still not visiting your mexican province on my vacation

Good. I fucking hate tourists.

>Maine

Nebraska is not know for kansas city ribs.

>boiled dinner
lol

whoever made this is severely biased towards the pacific coast, not that there's anything wrong with that but most of this looks absolutely disgusting

Shieeeeet, I haven't made a hot dish in a long time. That's what I should do today.

>Shipley's
my nigga, even though i'm 3 hours outside texas

>Pastrami burger (with fry sauce)
you're fucking disgusting

Iowa. Love me some corn

Do not come to the UP you are not welcome here, whites only

>Live in Virginia
>Never even heard of a Virginia Ham Biscuit
Well I'm curious to try one, at least.

>nevada
>not flyover
>when most of the state is desert and/or government-owned land

Kansas and Kansas city BBQ is top shit.

Burnt ends get my fucking dick hard as diamonds.

Reminder that unless you live in a city with over 5 million people YOU are flyover
>B-but muh state
Lel.

>New Mexico
>Green Chile Cheeseburger
>Not Green Chile Stew
Fuck off.

>coastie roastie

wew

>Nebraska
>Hand held meat pies
They're called runzas and really we should have the Reuben since it was invited here.

>Alaska
>Salmon candy

There's SERIOUSLY nothing better to it in Alaska? Nothing at all? Salmon candy is the pinnacle of food in Alaska?

Chimichangas are a good choice for Arizona you cock mongler

Spicy, but a delightful tang on the end. Excellent bait, ill have it again when you post it tomorrow

>mfw flyovers literally elected Trump just to spite the whiny limp-wristed faggots
Absolutely hilarious. Seriously, the best prank of our time and the left wing did it to themselves

We have Shipley's around here and literally nobody eats there if possible, because Krispy Kreme is so much better. The only reason it stays open is that it's open at all hours of the day

Colorado is too true.

Green Chile goes in
ALL FIELDS
L
L

F
I
E
L
D
S

Arizona
New Mexico
Colorado
California
Texas
No one else need apply

Louisiana and Michigan are my favorites, plus a good Chicago deep dish. Also:

>Massachusetts
>not lobster rolls

It's just a meme on Veeky Forums like flat earth and tendies. OP is a meme loving faggot that probably doesn't go outside and definitely belongs on /b/.

Cheap food in texas is still really good. Houston has a ton of little mexican shacks and the food is great. Seems like you would have to pay 15 dollars to get a Whataburger - tier burger outside of Texas. There's also really good Asian food in the cities . ive never felt like I would have to go to a different state for a dish to taste good. Except maybe poutine or sushi

Implying you go to shipleys for the donuts and not the kolache-donut combo