Literature is inherently meaningless

>literature is inherently meaningless

Fuck. Now what?

Nothing matters. Who cares? Reading is nice.

Plz rec good translation of this
Bonus points for link

>Now what?

Lift.

This.
As based Nietzsche stated it, if you lift enough you'll become a Ubermensch. I believe that's a good aim in life.

literature isnt inherently meaningless, it just doesnt have inherent meaning. if you give it a meaning it has meaning and the fact that it doesnt inherently have meaning shouldnt put you off doing so.

Tautology.

"inherently meaningless" and "without inherent meaning" arent synonymous

Autism. (And incorrect)

Lol
Tell me you're on drugs right now

i'm with this guy's shit.
Yeah the universe is all pure energy transformations and biological life just a more complex set of chemical reactions, but thx to that kind of "irl tabula rassa" we can give anything the value we want, the meaning we desire. l

might as well post my dick

wow dude thats such a big dick well done

thanks

watcha howlin for monkey?

bump

What mean he did buy this?

get
the
fuck
out

No.
What now?

no, guy. It was just a goof. a gag. he did it for the lols

He's right you know...

tight dick playa

fuck you
fuck you too
fuck you

fuck you

It's kind of cute that none of you can see the difference between these two.

Technically you might be right on a purely semantic level. I'm not sure. Still the statement could be interpreted as the forced dichotomy that something either is or isn't meaningful.
meaningless =/= not meaningful
dislike=/=not like
etc.
I.e. the absence of something is not the negation of it.
To be more exact "inherently meaningless" could imply that being meaningless is an intransigent property of art and therefore no meaning can be imparted.
"Inherenly without meaning" on the other hand simply means that there is no original absolute meaning and that the interpretation depends on the circumstsnces.

fuck
you

youd think people on the literature forum would be able to read

Yeah everything is inherently meaningless

But you could call a glass inherently empty
Does that mean it can never be filled?

thanks me too

indeed :D

Now that.

the notion of meaninglessness is meaningless.

Name one thing that doesn't have inherent meaning but isn't inherently meaningless.

How the fuck do you get that conclusion from Borges?

>Veeky Forums
>how did a random retard get to a random conclusion?

Art.

Tfw you thought people were memeing but you start and then understand why they do it instantly

Any spanish translation is good.

There's no point to read out of obligation.

Books can be meaningful to you. As an example, I find great meaning from learning of others from the past, and learning their thoughts. Obviously this is not metaphysical meaningful, but it is something that I do that I enjoy and find a sense of wholeness from. Books can be useful for fulfilling psychological needs like this. They have no final answers though. In the end, its all diversion. Most of what we do in our spare time is.

>everything is inherently meaningless
Source?

lmao

our deterministic universe

I can't tell if your a troll using an inverted argument from authority... or one of many in this recent wave of kids that want an authority figure to tell them everything. Question his reasoning or his lack of reasoning, but not his lack of validation from a publication.

Meaning is inherently meaningless.

Deep