I have a buttload of walnuts. Whats a good dessert (or savory dish...

I have a buttload of walnuts. Whats a good dessert (or savory dish, I just thought walnut desserts are more common) to make with as much walnuts as possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fesenjān
allrecipes.com/recipe/57606/grain-and-nut-whole-wheat-pancakes/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

walnut brittle

They go pretty good in fruit and nut bread.

Lots and lots of pesto.

Having this much of a good thing is kind of nuts.

Derby pie, aka the best pie known to man. And yes, I know it can be made with either walnuts or pecans.

Look up, "blanching walnits" and, "candying walnuts with brown sugar/ peanut butter"

"pecan pie? not hipster enough for me. what's a more misleading, interesting, mysterious term? when I mention it, I want people to turn their heads and ask what the heck it is"

"derby"

i mean to be fair i looked up the recipe and it contains bourbon. I'm probably not gonna use bourbon because I'm not gonna go out of my way to spend extra money to get rid of an ass load of pecans. Probably use some scotch (or more accurately japanese scotch style whisky)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fesenjān

You can find pomegranate molasses at any Middle Eastern/Mediterranean store or just make your own by boiling down pomegranate juice.

>no one posted best walnut dish

Throw those walnuts in the trash where they belong, second worst nut after pecans.

Soak instant oats in milk for 10-20 minutes, add some kind of flake cereal and lots of walnuts. Usually have this for breakfast, but sometimes for dinner too.

Make this pancake recipe (I usually put more walnuts in though):
allrecipes.com/recipe/57606/grain-and-nut-whole-wheat-pancakes/

Pulse them in a food processor until fairly fine. Add an equal amount of dried fruit (you can use more or less depending on preference for sweetness) and pulse until combined. Press it into a baking dish and refrigerate until it firms up a bit. Cut into squares or whatever you want. Makes a nice snack/dessert, with a texture almost like fudge.

>pecan pie is my favorite pie
>walnuts are my favorite for everything else
Why don't you like them? They have a nice texture that crumbles.

its a pain in the ass to make.

>triggered
the word you're looking for is "whiskey"
jap whiskey, scotch whiskey, or bourbon whiskey
not "scotch aka japanese scotch style whisky"
IT'S JUST FUCKING WHISKEY

I spelled it that way because it's made in the way the scots do, therefore its whisky. By your logic all american made belgian style dubbels and tripels should be called doubles and triples. It's the style not the "authenticity".

lmao fuck outta here

first I would recommend taking them out of your butt

It doesn't take a lot. You can just buy a little pint for a few dollars, or buy a fifth drink the rest neat or in cocktails.

OP here, making chocolate derby pie now!

bourbon for the pie

actually a 50/50 blend with this one

What this guy said. Alternatively you could make spicy nuts. I forgot what you use to make them hot but you also use cinnamon so it's like eating a red hot.

good to go bby

Kentucky boy here, Derby Pie is served at Churchill Downs every race day, its a tradition and its name has been around awhile.

And its not just Pecan pie, its Pecan pie with chocolate and bourbon.

Who hates chocolate, pecans, and bourbon?

Make candied walnuts.

If at home, bake some walnuts until very hot (Or you can deep fry them for 30 seconds) but not burnt and toss with a mixture that is mostly sugar, a little salt, and whatever seasonings you desire.

Salt and sugar on its own is good, they make a great snack food and dessert topping. Just make sure to toss them directly out of the oven/fryer

The pie wasn't browning so i broiled it on low for 3 minutes. it might be SLIGHTLY too toasty, but this is the end result

Way too sweet. How can anyone eat these and not get a cavity.

Show a slice

Looks good OP! Thanks for the OC, always appreciated :D

Needs to cool my guy. Will show slice when able.

I like them in a salad with nice greens or spinach, apples, and blue cheese

M A C R O C R O S S S E C T I O N

If I were to make this again, I'd increase walnut, increase batter, increase whiskey, decrease sugar, decrease chocolate.

Did you put a second layer of crust on top? Why?

Baklava, just need to get yer hands on some pistachios

by brushing their teeth regularly

That's not a second layer. It's just a browned layer.

baklava lots and lots of baklava

>decrease sugar
i pretty much reduce the sugar in all dessert recipes by 25%. it doesn't really change the texture but it makes them not so cloying.

Heat them in a frying pan with some honey, sugar, cinnamon, with a dash of nutmeg,