Space shuttle > All of NASA's spacecrafts

Space shuttle > All of NASA's spacecrafts
Recognize Superiority
That's straight up fact

The space shuttle was a big fat mistake. It costed so many money and also some lives.
It's easily recognizable and a cultural icon, but from a technical point of view it's a piece of shit. It's the reddit of spacecrafts.

It looked cool though

>many money
you're a mistake you troglodyte

Rocketfags cant even write a sentence
go back to commi land

WRONG
Shuttlefags can't compete

Has there ever been another spacecraft so A E S T H E T I C ?

>shuttlecucks think they can compete with the CHAD DICKET
laughable

*blocks your path*

*gets reused*
*inspired children to become engineers*
*literally flies back from space instead of getting cucked by the atmosphere*

>*gets reused*
whore
i like my spacecraft pure and untainted

>crashes and kills six astronauts plus one civilian
>crashes again and kills another seven astronauts

only spacecraft to go on a killing spree lol

Forgot I still had to watch this episode, thanks.
Glad they didn't fuck up Toga's voice actor.

I'm a shuttlefag but loled

Also went to Christa McAuliffe Elementary School so possibly biased.

my balls are too blue for season 3 to be QUITE fucking HONEST with you 先輩

The Shuttle was really shit.

It didn't even have a launch abort system. The first four flights had ejection seats for the commander and pilot only, and the ejection itself could have killed them. Most of the Challenger crew were alive up to the point where the cockpit hit the ocean.

Shuttle reuse was supposed to save money but it ended up costing almost as much as building a new one every turn around.

It was a monumental mistake which only saving grace was the Hubble. Being able to carry the Hubble into orbit and allowing the service of it.

Or should I say launch escape system?

They had launch abort profiles but those were for landing the Shuttle again. Basically if anything happened during launch which meant they wouldn't be able to land again they were fucked. And I'm talking about something more obvious than what happened with Columbia.

Crazy how big the Orbiter is for a space vehicle.

They wasted all that mass putting WINGS into orbit
the absolute madmen

STS failed in so many ways, but it was beautiful while it lasted

I get where OP is coming from but I feel like the SS is partially if not mostly responsible for the US completely losing interest in space. Like Icarus, we flew too close to the sun and when NASA started killing people it seemed that the American public thought maybe we should just stay on the ground and that sentiment held until recently.

wings and a cockpit.

You don't need anything flying in space if you have no intention of doing anything in space. That was it's problem, hence stuck in 70's tech and being essentially welfare for bureaucrats and few companies. Even the existing design could have been improved here and there, boosters being the most obvious example. But, why bother?

Saturn V could have put the Hubble into orbit 10x over in one launch lmao