Which drugs are legitimately useful for enhancing intellectual growth, scientific research, and abstract thought?

Which drugs are legitimately useful for enhancing intellectual growth, scientific research, and abstract thought?

I would say weed has been great for my appreciation of music and for the invention of new musical techniques. It lets my mind naturally view the music as a sort of abstract mental-visual event happening where I can keep track of it all at once. Surely this "big picture" view can be applied to mathematics and science

The most important question I ask you here is, if Einstein took amphetamines or LSD what would his mind be like? Or of course anyone else, John Von Neumann, Euler, any of these people. What do you think they would make of these drugs?

Erdos of course used amphetamines heavily so there's one authoritative data point saying "yes there is value"

Surely others can be useful too?

I think people look too much into drugs as this super mind altering shit. I know a guy who is all like "I don't see the difference between me and that tree", which is absurd. I think some people get pretentiously deep. That said, when I did acid it was pretty cool. You really realize how much communication is body language because you can totally see how everyone is feeling around you. Also you realize how amazing language is and the fact that you can share these abstract ideas with just a few words. That said, acid just basically turns autistic for hours. You see everything like its the first time again. You could look at a carpet and be like "Wow, fantastic. Someone thought the floor was too cold and they invented that. How awesome! Wow toilets are genius! We just flush our shit somewhere else!", so in that regard it could get you to look at things that are fucked up and see how they could be improved, but honestly I'd say adderall with a purpose is better than acid.

drugs dont enhance intelligence, they only give the illusion that you're smarter. in the case of lsd, you can think about stuff in different ways, but thats it

Fuck is Acid really that good? I know Steve Jobs dropped a fuck ton of acid when he was younger.

I have this kind of thought all the time and I'm not autistic.

>Which drugs are legitimately useful for enhancing intellectual growth, scientific research, and abstract thought?
MARIJUANA

If you have low testosterone then test or other androgenic steroids have been shown to improve cognition. we're talking hypogonadal, though, not just 'i dont get hard as easily because i fap to traps all day'

That happened to me after 10 days of taking just a hit of weed daily.

Unfortunately there was something wrong with the weed or with me because that gave me bronchitis and almost died of asphyxia with the very tick mucus I was producing.

This was 6 months ago and I'm still producing the same amount of mucus but is not as thick. Weed fucked me bad I should have done LSD instead.

I've been microdosing LSD once a week for the past few weeks and I must say that it does help with processing abstract thought, all the while still being fully in control physically and mentally, unlike the sensations I've observed with higher doses.

Weed also helps with this regard but if I'm too high I jump from one idea to another quite frequently and can never center myself very long on a single problem due to it's nature.

Also weed makes me drowsy and quite lazy, which in return makes me much less productive. While on the otuer hand microdosing LSD has given me much more energy, and it's also almost like an antidepressant since I enter a state of well-being after taking it.

However I can see how abusing any of these two could cause psychological addiction or something similar due to the increased dopamine levels, so I would suggest not overindulging in them too frequently.

I just watched the first episode of Firefly and played Titanfall, but it was the most immersed I've ever been in either. Eating sucked. Everything felt like it took years, including every minute detail of the food sliding down my throat as I swallowed.

I also got to see emotion as color, which was neat, and I finally understood Tool. Next time I'll probably just lay down in the dark and listen to music for eight hours, or maybe read through a math textbook.

That must have been terrible weed or some synthetical spice bullshit

food and psychedelics definitely do not go well together in the slightest
first time I did acid I ate some gummy candy but I couldn't properly coordinate the whole chewing and swallowing procedure and ended up with fragments in my trachea that I didn't notice until I was coughing up blood as I was coming down

If you're a student not taking stimulants let me just say this, strategic use of stimulants can be a god send. I don't have ADHD but I basically lied to a counselor and psych to get rx'd ritalin. It has made math one of the most enjoyable things in my life.

Hmm, gonna try this tomorrow. Dosage?

Also, did you say you always had concentration problems or that they recently formed?

I take 40mg about twice a week when I need to get shit done. You might want to start lower.

You're doing it wrong, you don't eat at all.
What you need is a motherfucking slurpee or your regional equivalent and consume it over the course of 8 hours. It never runs out and I this is a proven fact.

I said that I've always had concentration problems but they've become more pronounced in college. I felt kind of bad making up stories about how my mind wanders in class, because I am focused almost 100% of the time.

I saw the counselor twice. And had to wait a few weeks to see our college psych. He got a report from the counselor and gave me a script for ritalin.

Do you have unlimited refills? Or need a new prescription each month?

Each month but I will never use all he gave me each month.

Also, how's the tolerance coming along? Do you take days off to remove tolerance? How long does the effect last? And how's the withdrawal afterwards?

Effects are waaaay long. Like 8 hours. I only use it once or twice a week so tolerance hasn't built at all since beginning of september. I do not get withdrawals.

Cacao - Hippocampal neurogenesis, increased intracellular cAMP, increased nitric oxide synthesis (which under physiological conditions means increased cGMP), all the benefits of theobromine, and lots of antioxidants

Magnolia bark - Too numerous to list

Celastrus Paniculatus seeds - Antioxidants, likely contains novel compounds, look it up on pubmed

Proper diet and sleep

Various other drugs, depending on what -aspect- of thought you want to enhance or inhibit. Most both give and take, like dextroamphetamine.

Kava can be helpful. Phenibut can be helpful.

Yerba Mate (Ilex Paraguaranesis) - Lowers insulin resistance and improves lipid processing

Guayusa (Ilex Guayusa) - Don't know, but it definitely does something.

I think the clearest mind I've ever had was after a night of (ethanol) drinking and kava consumption. In the early morning haze, when I was coming back to between drunk and hungover, it seemed as though I could do anything. The ability to control state in the mind was completely fluid.

Also, it should be stated that exposure to cell phones, wi-fi, DECT phones, bluetooth, smart meters, digital television broadcasting stations, and certain VHF and ELF exposure, is intellectually damaging. Refer to this:

This is how it is to be an INTJ, intrapersonal skills combined with seeing the big picture and putting it into context. I guess i have to try acid.

>Which drugs are legitimately useful for enhancing intellectual growth, scientific research, and abstract thought?
none.

If you don't work for intelligence and try to increase brain performance by artificial means, all that will happen is that you will become dumber because of the side effects. Fuck you, read a book fat ass.

>Those who do not work for what they want, deserve it not at all.

SAGE

>It never runs out and I this is a proven fact.

Listen, I fucked up and put an accidental I in there but this remains true.