ITT: Foods You Wish You Could Like

Every time im confronted with laffy taffy i swear i have temporary amnesia because despite every previous time, i always grab a banana one thinking 'i dont really eat laffy taffy but oh these are my familys favorite so it must be the best one' and it always tastes like greasy rubber.
Same with twizzler style licorice candies, all of my friends like them and theyll give me one occasionally that they think I'll like the flavor of like watermelon, and its just bad. They look and smell so good i wish i could like them.

Cheese in general. The taste and general texture of most are very off putting to me outside of mozzarella or melted swiss.

i wish i could stomach eating lunch meat because then i'd at least be able to eat at a few more chain restaurants comfortably. it just really grosses me out, i can hardly even look at somebody eating it

I used to stuff lunch meats down my fat face all the time, but lately I even think about it and it puts me off from eating it. I'm not some bastion of high quality cooking but damn it just never feels like a good thing to eat.

Ham and cheese sandwich. It's like 90% bread so it's all dry ans shit. I only like cheese under certain conditions so that tastes pretty bad as well. And that lunch meat ham is just awful. Also don't like PB&J's

Basalmic vinegar
kalamata olives
sriracha

I do the same thing with banana laffy taffy, I don't mind the other flavors too much though.

add some dijonnaise

Mushrooms. I fucking hate mushrooms

Mushrooms. Or fake rubber-jelly-meat.

Cant stand the cooking smell. The texture. Oh and i was forced to eat some beeing 10 y.o. And threw up on the dinner table. Good times

this

You're all missing out. Mushrooms have great earthy and meaty flavors on their own, and they're like flavor sponges for any sauce you put them in. Plus they're basically all-protein, zero-fat.

Any mustard that isn't the processed yellow stuff, I feel like such a pleb

Non-stewed carrots. I don't get it. I love root vegetables, but when I see carrots on my plate, I get anxious because I know I'll have to choke them down first so I can enjoy the rest of my meal.

Just the opposite here. Raw carrots are great. Carrots in soup are tolerable. Cooked carrots on a plate? Nope. You know the old saying, "cold and crunchy, time to munchy. Warm and mush, belongs in a bush."

Interesting. If the carrots impart their flavor to the rest of the dish, it's delicious. I wouldn't make a soup or a roast without them. However if the carrots are individually detectable, like those goddamn crinkle-cut carrots in American Chinese food, I get turned off.

So fucking much I can't even begin to list the foods I want, but I have the fucking palate of an 8 year old and I hate it, it seems all I have a fucking taste for is kiddy food, I can't stand most sauces and anything with too complex of a flavor makes me fucking gag. I wish there was some way to train my awful taste buds.

Mustard
Pickles
Peas
Raw tomatoes

This, the fkd up thing is that I can only eat melted cheese

You're just white, user. It's not a big deal man you can't help it. Seasonings and flavor were never meant for the white people.

Eggnog. Everyone seems to love it and thinks I'm crazy. I've tried it every year and still hated it. That and raw celery. Fucking disgusting. I love to cook and I use celery in my mirepoix for turkey and it's so hard for me to prepare it.

If anything its sterile. All those lunch meat loaves you see at the supermarket deli are just blobs of macerated meat all glued together. Its like pink goo or soylent except it was part of an animal once.

celery really gets to me, its one of the ingredients in my chicken noodle soup because its really nice cooked, but im gagging the whole time im chopping the raw ones, just the smell of raw celery sets my gag reflex off