Why do people think salads are super healthy?

why do people think salads are super healthy?

it's like adding vegetables to something makes it more healthy simply because they dont have a lot of calories or nutrition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1NPP9_Wo2Zc
youtube.com/watch?v=Liw-HktMqZc
mdpi.com/2072-6643/5/4/1417/htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because normies are mentally retarded children.

eating more of one thing generally means you eat less of the other things

Because they are. If you think you can't get a wide range of micronutrients from a good, fresh salad, you're a fool. With the addition of some combination of oil, dead animals, and grains, you can get all your macros and calories, too. It's better to eat a large amount of vegetables and a small amount of meat and grains than the other way around.

Nutritional powerhouse of insoluble fiber, vitamins, minerals, and when done right cover at least 4 food groups.
>they dont have a lot of calories or nutrition
Vegetables have nutrition. Some are calorie dense, some are more fibrous or hydrating. Depends.

Underage OP. A high school graduate doesn't know these things? Was there no internet where you grew up? What's your excuse to be so ignorant when wikipedia exists?

People are largely stupid. Most people can't differentiate between a trust worthy source and clickbait. So they believe a bunch of nonsense they read on the internet. Google "vegetable" health benefits and read some of the results. People literally believe what they read.

>People are largely stupid. Most people can't differentiate between a trust worthy source and clickbait. So they believe a bunch of nonsense they read on the internet. Google "vegetable" health benefits and read some of the results. People literally believe what they read.
This all stems from those pictures of a salad bar creation that is equivalent in caloric intake to a Whopper, fries and Coke. *gasp* As if calories are what determines healthy nutrition like that. Elementary understandings.

compared to what? salads are pretty healthy assuming you don't dump 10 gallons of ranch dressing on them

>why do people think an assortment of chopped vegetables is healthy?

Gee I wonder fucking why, imbecile

If you need calories in a salad of all things just add beets.

How stupid are americans, exactly?

people equate health with low calorie, plant based, low fat and sugar

why do you think they aren't?

you're the retard here but too dumb to realize it probably

Kys faggot

I know, I tell my wife this all the time. I don't know why she eats salad to be healthy when I'm going to hit her anyway.

It's less that it's inherently healthy and more that it's a replacement for other unhealthy things.

youtube.com/watch?v=1NPP9_Wo2Zc

This dude is over sixty years old and he is one of the healthiest human beings on earth. Raw vegan for over twenty five years.

>so insecure he's trying to justify being a vegan by shoving the word MAN between every other word

youtube.com/watch?v=Liw-HktMqZc

Wow just wow
Are you still taking the short yellow bus home everyday

Depends on what's in the salad user. If it's just mescalin tomatoes and cucumber, it probably is quite healthy. But if it's something like caesar salad, you're looking at 700-900 calories

This, salad on the side will stop you from eating empty carbs and saturated fats on the side

No, it's inherently healthy. For example, while there is a minimum level of Vitamin C intake needed to avoid scurvy, eating 4x that amount will lower your risk for stroke and other diseases.

>simply because they dont have a lot of calories or nutrition

That's exactly it. It's not so much about what a salad does contain as what it does NOT contain.

....though you'll still find fuckwits who manage to fuck that up by drenching their salad with fatty dressings.

Because fibre is actually really important, and lacking from most other common food items. Also a bunch of micronutrients per kcal.

>>Because fibre is actually really important

This is a fascinating subject, really. It turns out that people are desperate to conclude that fiber is super healthy but if you actually look at the studies and claims behind it it's little more than a bunch of goalpost moving. It's pretty fascinating how something that "everyone knows" is really rather sketchy. There's an excellent writeup about this in Modernist Cuisine.

Would be interesting to read, but I can't seem to find it online.

At a glance, the research also seems to be positive towards it, so idk; mdpi.com/2072-6643/5/4/1417/htm

Thing is...healthy is a very dynamic word in terms of human diet.
So in terms of human evolution we ate raw meat and raw vegetables first.
Then the use of fire was cultivated, which changed not only brain size but our digestive process.
Basically cooking anything pre-digests the food first, allowing our guts to do less work, and absorb more nutrients along the way, accordingly. So basically a salad--and all raw vegetables provide an extremely high fiber content...with some nutrients. But cooking those same ingredients delivers an better digestive process with a higher rate of nutrient absorption.

Cooking basically helps the body do its thing. Saliva pre-digests the food on the way down; then your guts can process and extract the nutrients much easier, rather than breaking down roughage, pooping out most of it, and absorbing less along the way. Salads look healthy, but aren't really what our digestive system is set up for...in terms of optimal health, at least.

I prefer to just eat a chunk of lettuce or cabbage without hundreds of calories of additions, so I can still have grains, beans, and starchy vegetables, after my 700-1000 calorie Beck fist including banana chia cherry chocolate "nicecream" :^)

This copypasta is getting a little tiresome. Put together a better troll

The woman in your pic is bulimic

I actually wrote it up myself