What oil do you cook your food in usually, and why?

What oil do you cook your food in usually, and why?

Piss.

>What oil do you cook your food in usually
Canola oil
>and why?
I don't know actually two bee aitche

Nice. Why?

imostlyijustthinkideverusecastroloilforcookingbecauseivefoundireallythinkthatswhereitatinnitmate

Because it goes really well with the toasted cum on the poop.

Veg IE soy.
Cuz it's cheap. $6/gallon.
But it's not the only oil/cooking fat I use. I use several others, as well.

Olive oil. Because I have no clue how to cook and I'm sure someone here will tell me how I'm wrong for using it.

Peanut oil, butter, and/or bacon grease depending on application.

I use canola oil for most of my pan frying, stir frying, and the very very very seldom deep frying. It's a very neutral flavour oil so you don't taste it in dishes where you shouldn't be tasting it. It's also cheap.

I use olive oil if I'm making a typical iTalian dish. I usually keep a bottle each of virgin and extra virgin and only use the extra virgin for pouring over foods in dressings for example or when I need to add some over some hummus.

When making stews or soups I try to use pork lard. Adds a lot of great flavour here, great for dishes where you will eat all the fat you put into the dish and not just use it for frying.

For baking it's butter and coconut oil. Butter is also great with eggs. Both butter and coconut oil add a rich creamy taste to baked goods, wouldn't want to replace them with something else.

High temp, a 80/20 mix of sunflower oil and avocado oil because its cheap and reasonably healthy.
Low temp, butter. Because butter.

Also the sunflower/avocado oil has a pretty neutral taste. Infinitely better tasting than vegatable and canola oil.

When you save your bacon grease, do you keep all the little sizzled and brown bits or do you strain it?

I tried saving my bacon grease once and just poured it into a glass container. When i went to use it again it seemed strange, and it was really difficult to clean that container once i threw it out

>I use canola oil for most of my pan frying, stir frying, and the very very very seldom deep frying. It's a very neutral flavour oil so you don't taste it in dishes where you shouldn't be tasting it. It's also cheap.

answering the necessary question

but cmon, coconut oil?

> in their underware
...huh?..

What kind of wine do you pair that with?

Olive oil taste like shit wrapped in piss.

olive or vegetable oil

So it tastes like your bed?

What's wrong with coconut oil?

I like adding it to baked dishes as it gives a hint of coconut flavour to whatever I'm baking. Everyone always praises my banana breads because of this.

canola

cheap and has a high smoke point

Canola oil if I'm using a lot and making something whatever

Olive oil if I'm actually trying to make something good

Depends on genre of food. Regular olive oil (not extra virgin) for italian, peanut oil for asian shit like stir fry, sunflower oil for any slavic shit, plain old canola for american and lard for deep frying because im not a pussy

I use it for the same reason, coconut works with a lot of baked goods

>ever using any vegetable oil other than coconut or macademia oil or olive oil

this is how i know you're a bad chef

I only use canola oil if I'm making fried potatoes or reheating something from the previous night. I never use it for anything actually worthwhile. I can't afford to use olive oil for everything.

>not using gutter oil

>i cant afford good quality food aka i need to spend my money on worthless iphone gadgets

coconut oil for most vegetables and vegetarian items

olive oil for meats

butter for eggs

sesame oil added to chinese dishes for flavor, but i usually start stir frys etc with coconut oil first.

i try not to mix olive oil and coconut oil because it is an odd taste combination, but butter added to olive oil is usually great.

i would like to try other nut oils like macadamia nut or even avocado oil.

Sunflower

Anything wrong with that?

coconut oil is suddenly bad now because some study says it isnt good for you

i somehow find it to believe the unrefined extract oil from pressing coconuts is worse for you than canola oil or even olive oil. im not saying eat coconut oil for fun, but for a cooking oil it seems pretty good to me. i go with my gut intuition on these things, anyways.

the problem is facebook and social media retardes who latch onto a popular article for a scientific dietary finding and dont take the information into wider context.

canola oil tastes good for french fries and other deep fried items. a good chef knows when to use the appropriate ingredient. you're a memeing wannabe who has never worked in restaurants let alone fine-dining if you believe canola oil doesn't have a place in good cooking. its not ideal healthwise but that doesn't mean it doesn't work for certain applications.

olive oil is actually pretty good to deep fry with too.

canola oil is fucking disgusting and the only reason a chef would use it is because he doesn't know better, take your "muh expert" arguments and shove them up your ass

>olive oil is actually pretty good to deep fry with too.
also top fucking lel, i would never want to eat in your restaurant

>the unrefined extract oil from pressing coconuts is worse for you than canola oil or even olive oil. im not saying eat coconut oil for fun, but for a cooking oil it seems pretty good to me. i go with my gut intuition on these things, anyways.
My parents never bought into the sudden healthiness of coconut oil. They remember the food police blaming it for its use in theatre popcorn, and how scientists pointed to the fattest people in the world, with the shortest life expectancy, the pacific islanders who used it exclusively. Like it shaves 25 years off their lives. Top 5 fattest countries in the world are there.

its funny because ive seen famous french chefs deep fry in olive oil. pretty sure ive even seen alton brown recommend it.

i really question what your level of experience in the industry is if you think you are correct

>celebrity chef
top lel

>where are your CREDENTIALS
lol fuck off brainlet

Most of the time I make bacon in the oven on a deep foil-lined baking sheet with a rack. I let the grease cool for an hour or so, then scrape it into an old pickle jar with a silicon spatula. Peel off the foil and the sheet needs minimal scrubbing.
Doesn't created much of the browned bits in the grease, and the little that's there doesn't bother me.
Cleaning the jar does seem like it would be difficult. I've used the same jar since I've started, though.

>3 liter tin of PDO olive oil is $40 on amazon, lasts for fucking ever and is delicious
I use it for everything but sauteeing and frying, in which case I usually use grapeseed or canola. Peanut for deep frying, but I rarely do that

Motor oil

do soccer players not wear underwear

Olive Oil or Sesame.

>cooking with sesame oil

Wtf? I tried that once and the food tasted like burnt rubber. Never again. There's a reason everything says to use it for seasoning only. Do you even have tastebuds?

Are you one of those people that doesn't know what "medium heat" is?

It's great for fried rice.
Stop being a retard, because you used shit-tier sesame oil

>coconut oil is suddenly bad now because some study says it isnt good for you
I'm the guy you're replying to. I have read about this too and worried until like 3 or 4 days after this study came out someone mentioned that it was funded by farming corpos (competition).

Ultimately no oil is really fully healthy. We're supposed to consume fat as part of our diets but we can't really only be eating wild caught salmon and avocados all year round. Supposedly grain/vegetable oils are the worst as they're the ones that ultimately clog up our hearts while olive oils and coconut oils are somewhat healthier. Everything in moderation of course.

Depends entirely on the dish.
Peanut oil for frying
Sesame oil for asian stir fries
Olive oil for cold dishes or general cookery

are you sure your sesame oil didn't go rancid? It has a comparatively low shelf life.

It was this one. I thought it was supposed to be a pretty decent brand.

never tried it.
wouldn't know.
It shouldn't taste bad tho.

Rapeseed oil is GOAT that's why

I'm a cooking novice. Going to the store tomorrow. What oil do I get? I only have used olive and vegetable oil in my house. Stick with that?

Butter/ghee whenever it would taste good with other ingredients, olive oil for Italian-American food, canola oil for everything else.

I would, but that's just me. If you want to experiment, go for it, user

perhaps a robust cabernet

10w-30

Soy, my T is too high and I'm trying to lower it

When I'm using a cheap oil I always use canola. Is there much of a difference between that and vegetable oil? I've honestly never used it.

Maize oil for most ordinary meals
Olive oil for salads
Sunflower oil on a case-by-case basis

sauté- olive or sesame depending on food
pant fry- vegetable
deep fry- peanut

Neutral vegetable oil for mayonnaise.
Butter for steak.
Olive for dressing and pasta.
If you cook with olive oil you don't deserve it.

Rapeseed.

olive oil, butter or a mix of bout so the butter odes not burn

Ghee

That so expensive holy shit, a friend form geese used to get us olive oil(cold press) for 4$ a litter.

Safflower because it sticky as hell and tastes great.

Olive oil for most stuff

Butter for eggs

Sunflower oil for deep frying, baking or asian stuff that will get ruined by the taste of olive oil

Cold sesame oil to season shit like fried rice

There's sesame oil for cooking and then there's the kind for seasoning. Seems like you mixed them up and used the oil meant for seasoning for cooking instead. The same thing applies to peanut and sunflower oil. These, too, have variants for seasoning only and for cooking only.

butter

cuz it tastes good

i dont use oil unless its for special occaisons
i really like sesame oil

i use pic related ... no clue why.

None.

You need fat bit you don't need extracted fat. Most of mine has been from chia, walnuts, flax, hemp, and the lesser amounts in everything else. Stuff with high ratio of omega-6 eaten more sparingly.

>If you cook with olive oil you don't deserve it.
some olive oil is fine for cooking though, it's not all the super flavorful stuff that loses flavor from heat. if you treat them all that way you're doing it wrong.

>Supposedly grain/vegetable oils are the worst as they're the ones that ultimately clog up our hearts
like you said everything in moderation, when most people are overweight/obese you'll have problems from even healthy foods. i think most fats are fine (if they aren't rancid/overly processed, and consumed in moderation) as long as you stay away from trans fat, that stuff was proven to definitely be bad for you and you can kind of tell it's not right even when you're eating it, it leaves a film in your mouth that other fats don't.

sunflower or olive oil, i fry somethings in butter though like saute potatoes

The doctor says I have mineral deficiencies so I use mineral oil.

Olive oil mostly. I don't usually use very high temps on most dishes

High heat cooking I use grapeseed oil or avocado oil. I've used peanut oil in the past as well.

peanut oil so people with bad genes are eliminated.

Just get the regular canola or the one that can stand higher heat
Butter is nice but it can't stand high heat, same for any aromatic oil and grease is too smelly, at least cow grease

I use this and it's perfectly fine medium heat and under. It's more of a seasoning oil.

High oleic sunflower for frying, evoo and other unrefined for salads.

Sunflower oil with olive fragrance.

n..no?

what about grapeseed oil? i've heard it's pretty good

I use peanut or sunflower oil interchangeably. I also use a lot of lard, olive oil, and butter.

I live on the Canadian prairies and I can't stand the smell of canola plants, and I think the oil tastes like shit. Also, you have to be retarded to use """""vegetable""""" oil.

budder because i wanna die an early death

While we're on the subject, whats the deal with Peanut Oil? I noticed its the most expensive and apparently its better? Why is that

I usually use a mix of peanut oil, olive oil, lard, and butter, depending on what I am making.

Canola tastes weird to me and peanut is so much better.

Olive oil on everything fried or savory, because it tastes the best out of all the oil; additionally, it has the most health benefits.

For sweet baked goods, I use butter.

Why lard? Just curious, but are there any actual health benefits to lard or any taste perks? It's disgusting to me.

Corn oil. I do not actually know what "healthy plant sterols" are, but it's cheap and tastes good. It's pretty versatile too.

Most of the time I'll use rapeseed oil, but if its something like making a sauce for pasta or something, I'll use olive oil.

I use beef dripping or lard.