How can anyone possibly have any hope to read all of the books they want to read...

How can anyone possibly have any hope to read all of the books they want to read? Any good book can take weeks or months for a true, deep reading. There are hundreds of these books. And each book read may prompt a search for further references - even more books to read. The number of books to read grows exponentially. It seems utterly impossible to read them all. How do people read so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

interleaves.org/~rteeter/grtbloom.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Enjoy the journey not the destination brah

get to work you have plenty of time

In a time it took you to write up this shit post and kill a good thread with it you could have read a couple of pages. Life is finite so stop whining and prioritize, stupid nigger.

They don't.
Also consider that regardless how many people are alive today on earth, we'll only ever be a tiny fraction of the number of dead people who ever lived before us.

You really don't unless you have Harold Bloom-tier reading speed.

keep your eyes on the prize [read phil, supplement this knowledge with the contemplation of high art]

If you just read 1-2000 good books to begin with, you will eventually go for months or, in my case, years between each time you find a decent book. A comfortable solution is to stick with a few hundred books that you read several times.

if you spend time reading every day you have plenty of fucking time you retarded nigger, chances are you will live past 80 if you aren't a fucking subhuman who destroys their body or puts themselves in risk often.

You are like a little baby

>"dude just start reading bro lol"
>wastes his time shitposting on Veeky Forums

wew

Not true. You might manage to finish a few thousand books in that time, but there will always be thousands more to read.

you only need one book... the Bible

But The Bible is already a whole bunch of books.

not an argument

>you have to read every book
I don't get your point just read relevant canon and then whatever you like to read. What the fuck is your point.

Or a 128 GB iPod

There are tens of thousands of relevant books

Find a theme or type of book you like and stick to that; see pic, you might one day want to write, and to read a lot of similar books rather than a diverse set could help you. Personally, I chose to read a lot of supernatural short stories and poems, like Poe's works. There's only around 100 books in the world I want to read, and 30 of them have been read so far. A problem is that some of them are out of print and expensive.

>There's only around 100 books in the world I want to read
really makes me think

You can boil the Western canon to less than 30 books (Bloom even says so), and the Chinese and Sanskrit classics worth reading are small. Real life experiences are more important than books.

Where is pic related?

Dunno dude, just looks like a generic stock photo of a bookshelf to me.

One word: Autism.

But like a generic stock photo that I want to be a part of.

Ya, patrician stock photo. Musil next to Pynchon, Borges below Plato

The books are like, really good tho.

Apparently I'm a subhuman for actively destroying my body and constantly putting myself at risk. Huh.

Not enough people seem to understand that. Also, large sections of the Bible aren't even books; they're letters or other forms of writing. It's like an anthology.

Where can I find such a list of books?

interleaves.org/~rteeter/grtbloom.html

Read short fiction, and novels under 400 pages, if an author has something to say they should be able to say it in a short piece, long works are boring.

Better yet, just read summaries of books on wikipedia.

>he wastes his time reading fiction books over 400 pages

The only time I would make an exception is if it's a philosphy book or non-fiction. Any piece of fiction over 400 pages is self indulgent tripe.

>There are hundreds of these books. And each book read may prompt a search for further references - even more books to read. The number of books to read grows exponentially.
Yes, and instead of despairing over this fact you should rejoice. For what would happen if you did read all the books you ever found worthy? What then? Would that be better?