We keep trying to assess intelligence through tests that challenge the mental capabilities of a person...

We keep trying to assess intelligence through tests that challenge the mental capabilities of a person. Why not examine the physical properties of a person's brain? Shouldn't there be a clear signifiar of a specific level of intelligence? What is the physical difference between Einstein's brain and the one of an average person?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroglia
youtube.com/watch?v=br517ctCUCE
youtube.com/watch?v=CC0EnmKvEio
youtu.be/haxsnUs7XdA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Was wondering when someone was going to ask this: Glial cells.

Well, Glial-neural interaction.

You can have the worlds most powerful supercomputer but your software utilizing it is windows running internet explorer with 4 searchbars.

I don't think that's a proper analogy because a computers hardware and software are two seperate things. Meanwhile a person's "hardware", your genes, dictate what the "software" is going to be. I also hope you aren't confusing intelligence with education, because even if Einstein would've chosen not to get into physics, he'd still be smarter than the average person.

>Shouldn't there be a clear signifiar of a specific level of intelligence?
[math]\mathbb{P}\mathbb{H}\mathbb{E}\mathbb{N}\mathbb{O}\mathbb{T}\mathbb{Y}\mathbb{P}\mathbb{E}[/math]

Seriously. Glial cells.

You ask for a physical representation of intelligence.

Glial.

Why should I believe a schizophrenic shitposter like yourself?

>computers hardware and software are two seperate things.
A computer with no software running is like a human with no brain activity.

>Meanwhile a person's "hardware", your genes, dictate what the "software" is going to be.
DNA is not a processor of information, it's a carrier.

[spoiler]Please don't encourage shitposters by replying to them.[/spoiler]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroglia

Glia were first described in 1856 by the pathologist Rudolf Virchow in a comment to his 1846 publication on connective tissue. A more detailed description of glial cells was provided in the 1858 book Cellular Pathology by the same author.[38]

When markers for different types of cells were analyzed, Einstein's brain was discovered to contain significantly more glia than normal brains in the left angular gyrus, an area thought to be responsible for mathematical processing and language.[39]

The ratio of glia to neurons increases with our definition of intelligence. Not only does the ratio of glia to neurons increase through evolution, but so does the size of the glia. Astroglial cells in the human have a volume 27 times greater than the same cells in the mouse's brain.[40]

These important scientific findings may begin to shift the neuron-specific perspective into a more holistic view of the brain which encompasses the glial cells as well. The glia's importance is becoming ever more clear as time goes on and new research is conducted. For the vast part of the last century, scientists have written off glial cells to be nothing more than the structure and foundations that hold the neurons in place. But now, there is direct evidence that correlates the number of glial cells in the brain with the amount of intelligence that any given species possesses.[41]

Future research will begin to shed light on the mysterious, yet increasingly crucial, role of glial cells.

youtube.com/watch?v=br517ctCUCE

People tried doing that throughout the 19th century. It failed miserably.

IS SOMEONE LOOKING FOR A SPECIFIC PHENOTYPE?

youtube.com/watch?v=CC0EnmKvEio

No, a human with no brain activity is someone who is dead. The software is still on it. It's like a PC that was turned off.

DNA is both.

youtu.be/haxsnUs7XdA
PHEEEEENOTYPE

Dear God that was harrowing...

FEMALES HAVE BEEN SELECTING FOR BRAIN BULLS SINCE TIME IMMEMORIAL

WOMEN ALWAYS PREFERRED BRAIN BULLS LIKE YOU AND ME AND WITTEN

CHAD ALWAYS LOSES TO THE PHENOTYPE

BRAIN BULLS YESTERDAY, BRAIN BULLS TODAY, BRAIN BULLS FOREVER

A turned off PC is a human with all organs shut down. You seem to be confused, but that's my mistake for assuming you understand what we're discussing.

BBALLS ON THIS BBULL!

DON'T CALL BS ON MY S!

29081984!

I just said it's like a dead person.

This is true, but also oversimplified. Most intelligence is mediated by the function of the cell membrane, the base machinery of which is of course derived from genetic instructions, but a lot more goes into its function and "state" than that. Microglia neuroinflammation and release of inflammatory cytokines being an obvious example. Diet, exposure to toxins etc as well.

Also, there are a lot of people with above average mental hardware, and education, that develop and cling to utterly sloppy, lazy, braindead, degenerate ways of thinking and functioning. You very well can have a retarded machine made of top of the line parts.