What's Veeky Forums's opinion on binging with babish?

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on binging with babish?
youtube.com/watch?v=eVgmI-YF16g

i like his content but people are sucking his dick way too much

How so?

He's decently entertaining. The babka recipe worked for me, and a friend said the lemon cake was good.

I really enjoy his videos. What I DON'T enjoy is seeing this same damn thread almost every fucking day.

>Says his name is Benjamin Babish
>Channel name was Andrew Rea before he changed it
????

God forbid anyone give praise to someone whose content is good.

Stage name.

Also I could've sworn it was Oliver or Oscar Babish.

He should do like MDC and change his name every season.

I like Babish. I'm jealous of his fucking home though...

Its an NYC apartment with an uncommonly large kitchen.

That's exactly why though.

He has a very aesthetically pleasing voice. For that alone I give him a pass.

fun "high quality" /reddit/ content

reddit is such a fucking strange insult, especially now that it's in the same pile as 'words with no meaning' like cuck.

Reddit and cuck both just mean, "A thing/person I don't like."

In the case of reddit as an insult, it almost seems to mean "thing I was told I shouldn't like and thus never looked into, because I want to be cool".

there are lots of cooking channels like him and the only reason we are talking about him is because he is doing food from tv shows and video games.

which is fine, but kind of annoying.

I've considered doing a youtube cooking show under the following premise:
>one person is allowed to read the recipe
>they describe the recipe to the second person as best they can remember
>second person has to build their cooking equipment from scraps
>tries to cook recipe based on bad info and poor equipment.

the recipes are decent, not the most unique though. overall very catered towards millennials/reddit

pic related is not reddit, they would probably complain about the video quality or complicated recipes

it's not reddit if you don't read the comment section

I'm making his demi-glace atm and made his carbonara with the smokey egg yolk last night. His books are great too. Especially Vol 3. He's a bit of a fedora tipper though.

>fedora tipper
more like a slightly out of touch oldfag

I make his demi glace often, and have tried a bunch of other recipes. Made the chicken satay other day and it was pretty good

>second person has to build their cooking equipment in a cave with a box of scraps
Ftfy. Enjoy your shekels

I mean he's anti-religion. I mean I'm an atheist but he takes it a bit far with how much he hates religion.

I want to try the Alioto meatballs recipe soon and the chicken nuggets one as soon as I find gelatin sheets. Try the rose chicken if you haven't already. In the comments he says the original recipe was made with some cheese called "kashk" and I found some in a jar at a middle eastern shop and it turned out more interesting than the feta cheese version he has in the video if you can get your hands on that.

Shite, fuck off ya shill bastard

huh never seen him talk about religion but I've haven't read all his books.

Alioto meatballs are fucking amazing. I actually served them at a work party covered with a sauce made of demi glace and the same wine used in the meatball cooking process. The sauce was overkill, they are good on their own.

i hate the backgorund music. i even like that song but using the short loop of it as background usic makes it hard to watch

I bought that expensive Italian wine he recommended to make them and my girlfriend almost drank the whole bottle because I told her it was a gift for her not thinking she'd drink almost the whole thing in 2 nights. I did use some of the wine in a pan sauce for some elk medallions one night and it was fantastic.

I used his suggested substitute wine, a cheaper ripasso and it worked fine.

From what I've seen his interpretations/personal touch on things is bad.

we have this thread literally every single day you stupid fuckretarded shill

an actual quality chef. compare the videos he puts out to babish and you'll see the difference between shitty home cook and an actual chef worth watching.

read what he posts on quora. he's a weird, anti-american (literally, dislikes america a lot), anti-religion fedora. makes top quality content and keeps his opinions out of the videos so I honestly don't care one bit.

Good, lighthearted and entertaining.

No AlmazaKitchen but good none the less. It got me back into cooking, quit my job and went to work as a trainee chef.

Never looked back, fucking love it. He's great for starters like me, some of his things I'd eyeball and change some things.

(The Office video chili did not work for me at all and tasted like mud)

Reddit means someone who acts or holds tastes or opinions that are typical of Reddit.

A cuck in this context is some who likes or professes to like something despite that something that is humiliating/damaging them and celebrating it because they think it makes them seem better. Comes from modern fetishized cuckoldry and how it was pushed in various media outlets as a fashionable thing.

oliver "please donate to my patreon goys" babish

His voice is pretty cathartic and makes me happy even when what he's making looks like shit

I'll watch Chef John for actual recipes and cooking tips and You Suck at Cooking for purely lulz

My only concern with Babish is his show cooking shtick will run out eventually right? What will he pivot to

Yep had the same issue with the Kevin Chili. It was the most bitter thing I've ever tasted in my life. Had to throw the whole pot out

Just gonna stick with the Boilermaker Chili on Allrecipes

Just stop calling things reddit if you literally can't define it you dumb fucking nigger.

BABISH LICK BALLS
TRUE STORY
SAGE

His videos have high entertainment value and he's a whole lot comfier to listen to than, say, Foodwishes' nails-on-chalkboard voice.

That said. How many fucking threads do we need about him, jesus fucking christ.

it's his job dude, i'd advertise a patreon if it doubled my income too. he's not even over the top about it, just a mention at the end of a video or something. doesn't bother me at all

>Someone doesn't do it for free!

Yes, the world should be more like you. Doing volunteer jobs all day. Never considering asking a single dime for all the effort you do. A honest to god altruist. A downright saint. Which I'm sure you are.

He makes mediocre recipes with boring presentation, and is only liked because he's a hipster and has a nice camera. Sounds pretty reddit to me.

Recording yourself cooking food a couple of times a week is hardly comparable to volunteering all day every day. It's a hobby.

How many times are you going to create this fucking thread? Saged

Finally, a sane response

not if people pay you for it

theres every reason to be salty, considering the sexism on /r/ food.

see its ironic because the sjws are really sexist against women while happily sucking this guys dick for being the exact same thing; a pro photographer that discovered food.

>meme tattoos

dropped

If only the shrink would understand.

He shitposts for free though.