Curvature=(.666 feet)(Distance2 miles). The Earth is flat. Go outside and measure it

Curvature=(.666 feet)(Distance2 miles). The Earth is flat. Go outside and measure it.

Other urls found in this thread:

mathcentral.uregina.ca/qq/database/qq.09.02/shirley3.html
youtu.be/ZCbdneAe2gk
dizzib.github.io/earth/curve-calc/?d0=30&h0=10&unit=imperial
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Needles_Lighthouse
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Echo
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3317815/What-odds-Finding-doppelganger-one-TRILLION-chance-researchers-say.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerial_perspective
nasa.gov/content/submit-a-question-for-nasa
youtu.be/6Myf7oH0n9g
en.nikon.ca/nikon-products/product/compact-digital-cameras/coolpix-p900.html
mhohner.de/formulas.php
youtu.be/5WtSTPodQ60
youtu.be/U9wDxktPx4k
youtu.be/CbRQlgt0mfE
youtu.be/D_om5xtAThU
youtu.be/JalSUkondr8
youtu.be/SwqLzSiFqlE
youtu.be/3N6Em4tzH6g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>feet
>miles
Ignored

>.666 feet
• precision to one-thousandth foot
• no leading zero
get the fuck out

Metric system only sir.
Git otta here

>Not believing the Earth is flat in 2017.

> Believing the Earth is flat
> In A.D. 2017
> When it is proven to be a curved surface in Aristotle De Caelo in 350 BC

That little red line is the scope of your day to day experiences. That's why the Earth seems flat.

Go outside and measure it
It s not hard to do
It s flat

Flat Earth bingo is missing a space for the curvature formula

Wouldn t want people to know that

In the real world we re on something big
The math is for something small

Go measure and find out for yourself
It s like a grade 9 level project
Funny I can t find anything like it in entire school curriculum s from primary to 12
mathcentral.uregina.ca/qq/database/qq.09.02/shirley3.html

>implying you could observe a drop of a couple feet on a curve three miles away with that small a resolution of an image

Try 20 miles that s when it becomes really obvious that it s flat

youtu.be/ZCbdneAe2gk

You misunderstood. I WAS talking about distances on the scale of 20 miles.

This video consistently misapplies the curvature computations. As an example, I have worked out the details of the Trinity Lighthouse case.

The Trinity lighthouse is 80 foot = 24.384 meters tall, and the website claims it is visible from 14 miles = 22.53 kilometers away at sea level. The video correctly points out that this isn't possible: when your eyes are at sea level, the lighthouse would need to be some 39.8 meters tall. With your eyes at sea level, you can only see the lighthouse from 17.62 kilometers away.

It's another matter when your eyes aren't exactly on sea level, however. To bridge the remaining 22.53 - 17.62 = 4.91 kilometers, your eyes need to be suspended 1.89 meters from sea level; pretty much the level they are at when you are standing on a low ship.

In other words, it is true that you cannot see the lighthouse from 14 miles away with your EYES at sealevel (swimming); but you CAN see the lighthouse from 14 miles away standing on a ship at sea level. Those missing ~two meters make quite a large difference.

This same problem applies to most of the cases in this video. You can see far-off mountains from much farther away if you are looking from high up (like on another mountain); just being on a 20 meter hill gives you another 16 kilometers. Just standing up (rather than lying on the ground) gives you almost 5 kilometers, depending on your stature. That picture at 1:28 was clearly not made from sea level (remember, that's EYES at sea level, not your feet), making the computations that follow it meaningless.

>Propose a model with no practical applications.
>Be shocked when nobody gives a shit.

You re wrong
Here s a link to an earth curve calculator
Use it and see for yourself

dizzib.github.io/earth/curve-calc/?d0=30&h0=10&unit=imperial

there are also ground effects where higher near-surface temperatures slightly refract light enough to bend it, artificially reducing curvature

>representation is reality

>Use it and see for yourself
Did you? Try it with eye height = 1.89m and distance = 22.53km, to confirm my computations for the lighthouse case.

>Target hidden height: 24.3726 meters
Sure looks like that lighthouse is visible after all.

lol

Visible and standing up straight.
Lots of examples in that video. Do another for us all
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Needles_Lighthouse

>convex water

What are the odds that there are two white guys named Michael John Smith? Fucking sheeple

Motherfuckin space balloons
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Echo

>scale

She discovered that by using a combination of eight facial metric traits, the probability of finding two faces in the same measurements in the general population was less than one in a trillion.
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3317815/What-odds-Finding-doppelganger-one-TRILLION-chance-researchers-say.html

I heard the earth is a place made out of money and sugar!!! I heard also that Kitten is God and is also VERY cute and is a white FATHER

>Pictures of the sea and impact font text.

Well, I'm sold.

If the earth is flat, why can't I see Europe with my telescope when I'm at the beach? I'm from NY.

Sooooooooo NASA went through the trouble of faking this man's death, and then his cover name is...his same name? And he has a publicly available profile with an HD shot of his face on it?

See the optics section
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerial_perspective

a sufficiently powerful telescope would negate that problem.

imagine knowing one of these people your whole life and then suddenly a bunch of nutjobs start accusing them of being astronauts faking their deaths.

I mean fuck me, you'd have to convince hundreds of people to go along with this deception-school records would have to be altered, families paid off, fingerprint databases edited-it's insanity. The paper trail would be enormous and one lea would ruin the whole thing.

nasa.gov/content/submit-a-question-for-nasa

Isn't it just possible that two men with the same name have similar facial structure? And not that one of them was convinced ot fake his death and adopt a new identity in a process that's in direct violation of every principle of things like witness protection where you're supposed to lay low to avoid being noticed by people, oh and HE DIDN'T BOTHER TO CHANGE HIS FUCKING NAME?

How does this conversation work? They go to a family and say "hey we need you to pretend this guy is part of your family, we know that all your friends will be like "Uh, we don't know this man and lived next to you for 30 years", but just brush it off casually and nothing will come of it"?

Just saying "MONEY" answers nothing. Here's a thought-hunt sown someone who went to the same highschool as this guy and knew him, and ask to see an old yearbook they dig out of a box in the attic. If there's a pic of a younger looking version of this guy there, right highschool for his biography, then HE ISN'T THE SAME FUCKNIG GUY. That's called SCIENCE-gathering ecidence to confirm or exclude a theory. You're just tossing out a blizzard of images you found on the internet.

(Iknow i'm being baited but this is honestly hilarious to me)

What type/model? Link?
You can see 588 million miles with binoculars.
The Moon is a quarter million miles away and you can see detail on it.

youtu.be/6Myf7oH0n9g

en.nikon.ca/nikon-products/product/compact-digital-cameras/coolpix-p900.html

mhohner.de/formulas.php

Go measure the Earth we are on

Freemasons are awesome, you faggot. Go join a lodge and do an """""expose""""" on them, you'll just find bros hanging out talking about world events and shit. maybe you'll learn something.

You can see many lightyears with your unaided eyes you mong.

Citation needed
The unaided human eye can see lightyears huh
Tell me more

look up at night. you'll see stars. the light youre seeing is from light years away/lightyears old. this could be what user was talking about but idk im not him

How do measure the distance to a star?

youtu.be/5WtSTPodQ60

I'll take What is Focal Length

youtu.be/U9wDxktPx4k

What the fuck is this image even saying

>Focal length
>CGI images

youtu.be/CbRQlgt0mfE

youtu.be/D_om5xtAThU

Colour processing is a normal step in the photography process.

1:1 representation of the actual subject isn't always the goal and sometimes not possible when dealing with with extreme colour casts

youtu.be/JalSUkondr8

youtu.be/SwqLzSiFqlE

>measure level at one position
>it's exactly perpendicular to gravity
>sub-millimeter difference between curvature at center and at end points of your level
>move over 100 feet
>repeat many times
>difference in height between any two adjacent points is negligible while difference in height between separated points is large
now do you see how it happens?

That just proves my point.

Those are the exact same images with different colour grading.

You forgot a picture of convex water
Here s a link to the building of that bridge
youtu.be/3N6Em4tzH6g
Built flat

Oh shit, their earlobes grew into their heads! The government has gone too far with their conspiracy's now!

what do you think happened, that someone put a laser sight across the lake and said "build to this level"? fuck no.

you sink pilings so the tops are at a consistent level above the water, you lay pieces of bridge across adjacent pilings, and you put asphalt across the top. you don't have to account for curvature because the difference in curvature from piling to piling is negligible

Digital cameras can only capture black and white images, the colour is always added in post processing. This is why colour can change so much between your smart phone cameras even though their sensors functions the same way.

Yeah I know
Fake pics
CGI
Prob why sex clouds

What is this trying to show?

>Curved water

>Built flat
Anything in that clip about the flatness, specifically? I am not going to search a 45 minute thing.