Is Veeky Forums the most pretentious board?

Why do literature people tend to be so determined to prove they are intellectually superior? Is it because they are illiterate in science and therefore there is no way to verify their claim and therefore there is no way to verity without doubt they are full of shit?

yes

the pretension is due to the demographics of the people who come to this board. too many avant-teens who are insecure and trying to use literature a social status game

Intellectualism is not a straight line/dichotomy. It's a fact that people into books will know more about philosophy, conveying a narrative, avoiding fallacies, and expression of ideas than the average civilian. It is not the end all or even a pragmatic set of skill, but it is one none the less and since your life is meaningless no matter what, it is a satiating set of skills that may even land you some relevance to future historians specializing in an era of literature.

Case in point, OP

i read for escape and fun. intellectually, i've been embarassed so many times that i just use pretension as a method to learn new things from people. people fucking love explaining shit to you, and are often willing to elaborate in beautiful ways if you pique their fury or indignation just a smidgen.

I've come to find out being stupid also obliges people to explain things thoroughly

joke's on them i was only pretending to be retarded

>Is not a straight line
What is mathematics?

Probably true for some users, otherwise silly.

yeah, but in my case i'm usually just stupid.

>implying this is not every board

>Is Veeky Forums the most..?
Yes. But for different reasons than yours kys stemfag.

What is statistics.

>user somehow found the diction intense
Sorry for smartsplaining

>life is meaningless no matter what
yes, thats it goyim, theres no such thing as responsibility. dont you dare try to procreate, biological imperative is just a myth.

>alt-right retard believe that nihilism is pushed by the jewish conspiracy

Nigger you come to our board with that condescending shit and WE are the pretentious ones? Damn.

i mean, maybe im actually am a jew who was indoctrinated to hate white people, but I grew out of it and now i just do it ironically :^)

If you're looking for alt-right support on this board and you didn't find any, you're not going to find it on the science literate board either. Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums are probably the most leftie boards on this site so if political support was your purpose then there was no benefit to you bringing scientific literacy to this discussion.

No, /mu/ is.

>theres no such thing as responsibility. dont you dare try to procreate, biological imperative is just a myth.
That has nothing to do with Nihilism. You can acknowledge that life has no inherent meaning, and still believe in these things

As long as I'm smarter than my best friend, I don't mind if I'm smarter than anyone else.

College freshman detected
Once you finish calculus, math becomes more of a bunch of branching paths as opposed to a straight line.

this. have a (You)

gb2reddit

all boards on this shithole are pretentious in their own way, Veeky Forums is just pretentious in a way that is traditional

i still think Veeky Forums is more prententious

I think I'm this way but I also honestly enjoy reading
How to get rid off pretension, I dont want to end up like DFW

If you want less elitism check out /r/books. See you there!