When did you understand that you are too stupid for pure maths? How do you cope with suicidal thoughts since then?

When did you understand that you are too stupid for pure maths? How do you cope with suicidal thoughts since then?

fuck off pussy

19, dropped out to computer engineering

Try actually studying you fucking pussy

By reminding myself that pure math has no use for anything and is just autistic group cock stroking

>How do you cope with suicidal thoughts since then?
I don't give a fuck, higher maths are mostly useless in the real world anyway, why would I feel bad over not pursuing useless knowledge?
Computer Science is an infinitely better field where you can actually APPLY your knowledge to improve the world and its fun because useful breakthroughs are always happening(see machine learning), compared to math/physics where progress rate is at a crawl, and even when it happens, its meaningless.

>b-bu-but usefulness is irrelevant
You and your work is irrelevant, fuck off

>le muh sheen lerning :D
Never change, Veeky Forums

College. But now I think I can contribute, actually. I took a game theory class in college that kicked my ass at first but then got really easy. I just assumed that the class got easier, but I think I am just tremendously good at certain types of game theory problems, especially those problems involving complex incentive schemes. I probably have a 145 math IQ, which is actually very low for pure maths, but I may be really good at a subset of problems. We will see.

math is amazing because it's difficult. think about what you're trying to do here. you're taking a fundamentali thought about how things are spaced out, change, form, condense, and so on without any connection to reality, while trying to utilize these notions to extract a key, one golden key that unlocks a whole new understanding of what you were using; to get the key you had to understand the door, and that door is the human mind's attempt at grasping absolute reality, not nature, not the observable universe, but a reality so pure, so clean of any need for validation, that it almost precludes a notion for inquiry. yet we do it every waking moment, and we've done so much from so little. from millions of years of being nothing more than just grazers, to counting, to finding better counting methods, to seeing relations, to isolating solutions, to making negatives using balance, to 0, to division of 0, to the roots of a polynomial, to multiplication, vectors, spaces, metrics, measures, fields, groups, categories, and sheaves. we are going so far finding structure, precision, change and quantity in ways that just scream for a connection, and you could make that connection. how can you hate the challenge? you should embrace it. math is an endless set of unlinked puzzle pieces, and the final picture could be something as big as what separates modern man from other life. try and grasp that goal, and you'll see math for what it's truly worth.

everyone is too stupid for pure maths quit being a little bitch

Not stupid, but the idea of exclusively studying an extensive topic on purely abstract inventions was less appealing than studying the actual universe and having fun fitting some of the aforementioned inventions onto it when convenient.

At least that's what I tell myself to sleep a little better.

This except I don't need to comfort myself
Was never interested in pure maths anyway

when i sat down and tried to prove RH from the ground up

all my peers had done it and kept mocking me

>all my peers had done it and kept mocking me
lol
they didn't
99% of math at unviersity is people googling shit or finding backdoors.

>le machine learning is a meme guys, is not one the most current promising technologies at all!!!
Never change, jelly mathfags

Just yesterday actually. Also

>those digits
So close, OP... so close

Bump

>when u too dumb to miss sexts

Choice coping mechanism

Name one pure math thing youve studied / """""""""DISCOVERED""""""""" thats had literally any use whatsoever in the world

Let p be prime an a be relatively prime to p. Then [math]a^{p-1} - 1[/math] is divisible by p.
Basis of RSA encryption.

No

I'm doing my MS in pure math and I find it much easier than applied math and statistics.
But I'm doing my PhD in stat.

>yeah dad im gonna get my pee ache dee and make a zillion dollarzzsszssz!!!!!!

this.

all the penises who would act like the hottest shit just because they found the full written solution first, and then had the gall to refuse to share their answers. like WTF you just copied off google so why wont you share?

appliedfags are never going to get respect on a board of autists. you have to go back.

I bet you think sentient AI is gonna be everywhere in 20 years, dont you.

I bet you think self-driving cars are a good idea

> literally just math concepts with different meme names
> literally least-squares regression
> literally the chain rule
> literally approximating the minimum of the function

If you're that talented at even the highest branches of pure mathematics why don't you start on your own advancements and observations for open problems and developing fields of study instead of pussying out and pulling that trigger? Then again if I had to live a day in your shoes I probably would too being such a fucking retard loser.

RSA use the phi function you cuck

[math] \phi(pq) = (p-1) (q-1)[/math]
[math] a^{(p-1)(q-1}} - 1[/math] is divisible by both p and q by Fermat, so it is divisible by pq.

Cuck.

yeah, like every other field worth a damn the basis for machine learning is maths. point?

>
>[math] \phi(pq) = (p-1) (q-1)[/math]