BREAKING NEWS: Mathematics is a subset of Computer Science

>The interesting conception of the propositions-as-types principle is what I call Brouwer’s Dictum, which states that all of mathematics, including the concept of a proof, is to be derived from the concept of a construction, a computation classified by a type. In intuitionistic mathematics proofs are themselves “first-class” mathematical objects that inhabit types that may as well be identified with the proposition that they prove. Proving a proposition is no different than constructing a program of a type. In this sense logic is a branch of mathematics, the branch concerned with those constructions that are proofs. And mathematics is itself a branch of computer science.

Veeky Forums eternally BTFOd. Please post the SICP guy gif to try and seem less assblasted. Math is a subset of Computer Science, come to terms with it.

Other urls found in this thread:

existentialtype.wordpress.com/2012/08/11/extensionality-intensionality-and-brouwers-dictum/
ncatlab.org/nlab/show/proof
existentialtype.wordpress.com/about/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computable_number
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>The interesting conception of the propositions-as-types principle is what I call Brouwer’s Dictum, which states that all of mathematics, including the concept of a proof, is to be derived from the concept of a construction, a computation classified by a type. In intuitionistic mathematics proofs are themselves “first-class” mathematical objects that inhabit types that may as well be identified with the proposition that they prove. Proving a proposition is no different than constructing a program of a type. In this sense logic is a branch of mathematics, the branch concerned with those constructions that are proofs. And mathematics is itself a branch of computer science.
Who are you quoting?

existentialtype.wordpress.com/2012/08/11/extensionality-intensionality-and-brouwers-dictum/

>existentialtype.wordpress.com/2012/08/11/extensionality-intensionality-and-brouwers-dictum/
>literally someone's blog post

ncatlab.org/nlab/show/proof

existentialtype.wordpress.com/about/

lel

Well naturally, computers would replace 99% of mathematicians.

>ncatlab.org/nlab/show/proof
>existentialtype.wordpress.com/about/
>literally someone's wiki and the same blog as before

MATH KEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH

How can they ever recover?

>Mathematicians of classical Egypt were computer scientists

k.

Many researchers have blogs, my underage friend. Do look up Terence Tao's blog, Scott Aaronson and many other popular high quality blogs published by our contemporary geniuses!

also
>he doesn't know ncatlab
Kys

>inb4 poor methematicians bring up """proof""" by contradiction and the """axiom""" of choice as defenses

>Many researchers have blogs, my underage friend. Do look up Terence Tao's blog, Scott Aaronson and many other popular high quality blogs published by our contemporary geniuses!
What's your point?

>>he doesn't know ncatlab
False presupposition.

And I'm not a "he".

The point is that serious and respected researchers engage in blogging and ncatlab is a great resource for all things categories.

>Logic
>Intension, extension, etc.
>nCatCafe - a shity blog wherein a good portion of the posts refer to logic and philosophy

Nice try hijacking Veeky Forums, humanities fag, but I'm afraid you're gonna have to do better than that - and if you want to talk about stupid bullshit like "logic" or "semantics" how about you discuss it with your brainlet history or sociology professor so you guys can be retards together and leave the real science and math to people more intellectually capable.

Spotted the freshman. ncat is very popular amongst mathematicians.

>In this sense logic is a branch of mathematics
No. Logic gates are the foundation of logical reasoning, which includes mathematics.

>logic gates
t. Computer Engineering fag

Both Math and CS are subsets of Logic, which is a subset of philosophy. Also, Kant basically first penned the idea of computer science long after Mathematics was a thing for thousands of years.

>Check your CIS Privlege

You're not a girl, so why don't you clean your room and sort yourself out.

>Mathematics is a subset of Computer Science
i cant imagine being this autistic desu
i thank the gods every day

>t. Retards that dont know there are multiple logics and type theory is superior to classical logic

Obviously a troll thread but most CS courses focus on preparing students for industry. When most people think 'CS' they think 'programming' or at best 'machine learning'. I went to a top 5 uni in the UK and had to teach myself type theory.

Well my CS curriculum was pretty much theoretical stuff only, I never even had a programming class, that's something we were supposed to learn by ourselves (if we cared to). Our only programming project was a SAT-solver. Courses ranged from algorithms, graphs, cryptography, game theory, to automata and formal languages, logic, set theory, type theory and lambda calculus, semantics, category theory

>CS courses
>preparing students for industry
I think you mean "programming courses".

>What most people
>CS Degrees
Who cares? We're talking computer science here, not university curriculum and courses.

>Mathematicians of ancient Egypt were KANGZ 'N SHIET
FTFY

Thats kind of my point
Exactly

This only applies to people who dont actually know computer science

Yes
>Curry–Howard correspondence
nailed it.

No. All reasoning is by virtue of physical Boolean logic gates, biological or otherwise. All three primitive logic gates are two dimensional physical devices. All mathematics, "multiple logics" and "superior theories" can be expressed in terms of these devices.

>And I'm not a "he".
You are right. We should have different pronouns to identify niggers like you.

>formalist virgin
vs
>intuitionalist chad

OK, prove that if f(a) and f(b) have opposite signs and f is continuous then there exists c between a and b such that f(c) = 0 using a computation.

Sweetie, you're obviously confusing expressive adequacy with logics, a testament to how little you know you think all logics deal in truth tables! Truly pathetic, stop posting!

>niggers
Why the racism?

There is also non-constructive mathematics.

Aka formalized nonsense that leads to stupid as fuck theorems like Banach Tarski.

It's the easy way to trigger faggots like you. Get used to it or get back to ledit.

>faggots
Why the homophobia?

Which can still be done in type theory.

Anything which assumes LEM globally can't really be called "mathematics".

WE

You're awfully annoying, do you happen to be a gay?

>intuitionalist instead of "intuitionist"
Fuck off to

>You're awfully annoying, do you happen to be a gay?
Why does it matter?

read bishop fag

They are vermin which should be euthanized.

wut is dat dud?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computable_number

There are real numbers that cannot be approximated by any computer program. If math is a subset of comp.sci, then how did mathematics discover the existence of these numbers?

>They are vermin which should be euthanized.
Why would you euthanize homosexuals?

Because they are vermin.

>There are real numbers that cannot be approximated by any computer program
They can't be shown to exist constructively. Which means that their existence is not refuted, not that they can actually be shown to exist.

>47 replies

Stop falling for obvious baito.

Could you elaborate on what exactly is bait in this post?

>threads are bait because of tone and not because of content
We got a brainlet over here

>Because they are vermin.
What makes them vermin?

>>threads are bait because of tone and not because of content
Who are you quoting?

I am just that eloquent

No no no

Based phenotypeposter