I enjoy this book

>I enjoy this book
Why do people say shit like this? Literature isn't cheap entertainment. You don't read for enjoyment, you read for the same reason you've ever read, to learn. This is equivalent to reading for the plot. Reading for the plot is like ordering a meal for the plate.

*tips fedora*

I actually do sometimes read for entertainment. What the fuck are you going to do about it, faggot?

Fedora wearers are redditors who read pulp fiction like King, Tolkien, and Rowling.

Your punishment is already set as a consequence of your action.

>Literature isn't cheap entertainment
Does not follow. I enjoyed the critique of pure reason (and still do) but it was never entertaining. Shoo shoo brainlet.

I doubt you actually read it with your lousy comprehension.

Fedora wearers are shitty people who feel superior to everyone else because they are "well read".

I read for enjoyment but I also read to learn. Assuming people are unable to enjoy great literature simply makes it obvious that you fail to understand literature.

>Reading for the plot is like ordering a meal for the plate
>Food analogies
And is actually the opposite. Reading for the prose is ordering for the plate. The plot is the food and the literary merit is the taste.

So you don't enjoy learning...?

Begone, chimpanzee.

If you think only plot and prose exist then you're really fucking stupid and you don't know how to read.

>You don't read for enjoyment

You don't enjoy reading?

>I enjoyed this book
This shit is exactly why I don't bother with crap like Youtubers since they don't have many opinions outside of this giving statement. All they care about is easy viewing numbers and don't have anything profound to say.

If you think literature is entertaining, rather than thought provoking, you don't know how to read.
If you enjoy literature, then you're a smug hypocrite taking pleasure in your perceived notion of intelligence. We learn from literature, if you find that to be a task for enjoyment, rather than a search for meaning and truth in a world of constant suffering, then you're an oblivious moron.

Sometimes I read books that I have no business reading, and understand very little; I just imagine the scenes as best as I can, and just read for the sake of reading.

Why do you have to 'learn'?

Learn how to read before you try. You're trying to fly a plane with no experience.

I read Camus, schopenhauer, nietzche just like i've described. I enjoyed the reads, perhaps I didn't understand fully their intentions and ideas but why do I have to?

You don't have to understand them, but there's no point reading them if you don't. You won't gain anything.

Entertaining and thought-provoking are not antonyms.

>We learn from literature, if you find that to be a task for enjoyment, rather than a search for meaning and truth in a world of constant suffering, then you're an oblivious moron.

You are implying I don't find learning to be entertaining. All your arguments are either built around a belief that it is impossible to find learning fun, which is completely untrue, or ad hominem-attacks (e.g. "then you're an oblivious moron") which proves that you don't have a clue about what literature and philosophy truly are about.

What punishment? I actually like life

>I'm better than you because I don't enjoy anything
you have to be a grad student or something, none of the english majors I met in UG were this bad

ok. ok. wow. just... ok. you're a fucking faggot

>he reads fiction to 'learn'

kek

You're too naïve to comprehend a single philosophical statement.

>an a search for meaning and truth in a world of constant suffering

fag

The reddit brigade has arrived.

>but there's no point reading them if you don't
>I enjoyed the reads

>he thinks one cannot learn from an encounter with the aesthetic estrangement of authentic fiction

>be a dumb faggot
>get called a dumb faggot
>i-it's le reddit / pol / libtards kek ecks dee

when exactly did Veeky Forums surpass /co/ as the most reddit board on this site?

You obviously don't know how to read, so go back to r/books and talk about pleb shit like Tolkien with your kin.

>Anglo-saxon
>Shitty reaction face from shitty tv serie
>over-estimate writers' intelligence
>criticise normies' behaviours

yup ur stupid LOOOOOOL dio cane fate tutti schifo angloamericani squallidi

>people that recognize how much of a worthless cretin I am have to be from ruhddit, otherwise I'll never recover REEEE

Can't imagine what it must feel like to be so disliked by everyone around you

>a bunch of buzzwords that essentially amount to i like book

>Not enjoying reading
>Not enjoying learning
(you) are gay, OP.
But keep trying to bait people on an Oscar Wilde LGBT appreciation site.

i poop my pants but people who poop their pants for fun are lame i am the pants pooping experts i poop my pants all the time because pooping my pants is the right thing to do, not because i want to or even like to poop my pants. you're not a real pants pooper.

I bet you read Tolkien, you retarded pleb.

actually
some books are for enjoyment

Haha trololo OP. Nice use of your time. Go read a book.

Learning can be fun, psued

>Tolkien
Please be in Southern California so that I can snuff out the spark of your life.

>Why do people say shit like this?

Why do people say shit like this? You aren't some fucking authority on the conduct of opinion sharing. We talk to make talk, not everything must be the profound thought of the months to come.

You don't enjoy learning? Have you ever considered that maybe you're a dunce who isn't really learning at all or maybe you're a pseud who doesn't understand anything but pretends you've increased in meaning and truth (and somehow that happens without you experiencing any of this truth or meaning in a way that actually effects your life).

Autism is a hell of a drug.

Are you saying that it's an insult to be regarded as a reader of his work, or an insult that he is so lowly regarded in the literary world?

If you still enjoy life you haven't learned a fucking thing.

I read Textbooks to learn and literature for entertainment

Shit bait