Gf is thinking about being vegetarian, she's actually not fucked about meat until it comes to chicken

Gf is thinking about being vegetarian, she's actually not fucked about meat until it comes to chicken.

She loves the fuck out of chicken, done some research and found something called "seitan". This is all fucking new to me, so I need some help.

How Do I prepare it properly?
How do I season it since it's flat flavorless apparently.

How the fuck do I cook like this? what can I use to make something "chicken like"

Veeky Forums fucking kill me, this is all weird to me. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing with this.

I might just leave her to be honest

Other urls found in this thread:

allrecipes.com/recipe/13978/lentil-soup/
thewanderlustkitchen.com/easy-vegan-lentil-tacos/
wellplated.com/vegetarian-lettuce-wraps/
hellyeahitsvegan.com/vegan-sloppy-joes/
thekitchn.com/recipe-lentil-and-mushroom-sweet-potato-shepherds-pie-182683
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How about the only meat she eats is chicken?

vegetarian isn't so bad, she can eat like margherita pizza and the like
vegan is a terrible meme however and that is when you should leave her

Tell her to grow the fuck up

Got any tips to make some nice stuff?

She's awkward with food, always has been.

As she eats what I assume is organic trash, I'm going to eat chicken marinated in teriyaki with some home made noodles.

Again, tell her to grow the fuck up and stop being such a retard about food

being awkward around food is like being awkward around breathing. leave her crazy ass

Trying to be nice, I was hoping someone on Veeky Forums was some awkard fucker who could help me make a nice meal for her.

I'm starting to realize, my chicken sounds amazing and if she insists on being like this then she can could her own food from now on.

most vegetarians go back to eating meat, so don't worry about that too much. i was a vegetarian for a while until my body was telling me it needed red meat and iron. it helped me appreciate animals more and what they give us. still looking forward to lab-grown meat though (as long as they don't keep saying they're taking out the heme iron and that makes it healthier). she might just be feeling bad about how badly some people treat/think of animals that give up their lives so we can have meat, and is trying to "elevate" them to a more respectable place.

anyway, like in your pic you need to marinate it if you aren't making it yourself and mixing seasonings into. you can probably find a lot of asian recipes for it if you like that kind of food. try to make sauces that have things that will hit all your tastes buds. and use something that has a meaty taste to make up for the lack of it like soy sauce, mushrooms, etc.

you could probably just do it in a sweet and sour sauce and it would most likely taste okay.

>Got any tips to make some nice stuff?
dahl curry is nice, as is falafel wraps
garlic stir fried veges and rice
all kinds of pasta except for like, meat pastas or carbonara

these are just things I enjoy of course and I'm a meat eater

I am being fucking nice, if I wasn't I would have told you to dump her ass immediately in my first post

t.the poster who told you to tell her to grow the fuck up

>seitan
It's darksyded

you're being obnoxious, it's understandable why so many people try being vegetarian when the culture (in USA at least) can sometimes disrespect the animals that have to die for us to have meat. seeing meat being wasted, animals being abused, bacon being used as basically an edible comedy prop, etc. can make some people feel bad for the disrespected animals.

This is correct, Lots of dudes get by vegetarian girlfriends. Remember, the best meat is pussy.

As I said in another post, stir-fries, curries, soups, pizza, and pasta. I wouldn't bother with fake-ass meat simulators. For restaurants, eat in a lot of Indian, Chinese, Thai, and Vietnamese restaurants.

Mate, you're being a fucking idiot, if she really loves chicken that much she is just trying to be vegetarian to follow a fucking trend, grow some fucking balls and tell her to grow the fuck up you weak cunt

the majority of people who go vegetarian/vegan do it because they hate how badly animals are treated and disrespected, not because they don't like the taste of meat. you have no actual arguments, just "she's immature" and "she's crazy". i eat meat but if you think the way most people treat animals is okay you're in denial.

Imo, both of you are right.
It's not a trend, she actually really loves animals and helps raise them but she understands she needs to eat meat. She's a kickboxer.

She loves animals, infact we almost fucking crashed because a bird was on the road. I've told her several times I think it's fucking stupid what she's doing but you know supporting and all that...

Don't get me wrong, she's in no way weak. She'd fucking drop us all in an actual fight.

I like your post for sure man.

She grew up on a farm so what can I tell you, first hand slaughtered a load of fucking cows.

if that's true then she probably just needs some time without eating meat to see things from another perspective. it's why some cultures will have holidays where people aren't supposed to have any meat at all, so they learn to appreciate it and make sure they don't just see animals as food but living beings that have to die for us to have that.

I'll give it a month and use it as a chance to expand my own skills and tastes.

Tips on how to get this started? Seeing her this weekend, cooking on friday night after she's done training

You can still love animals and eat meat mate, different animals for different purposes, just so happens cows, chickens and pigs are mainly for food

Oh, you're not even the OP, you are a fag and if you seriously think that every single animal is mistreated you are severely misguided and you are fucking immature

Weak cunt, I hope you get eaten by a big cat

I'm OP, I see what he's kinda saying. Due to the whole hipster shit lately anything "vegan" "Gluten free" pisses me off when people push it in your face.

Will reassure you, she's doing it for herself and not to look cool.

it's easy to make vegetarian indian/italian food since they both use plenty of herbs and spices for flavor but also can be made with plenty of cheese and eggs. lots of bean dishes too for a bit more protein. it's really not that hard to replace meat with cheese or eggs in most dishes, but after a while you'll probably need iron or something in meat that you don't get from them.

i didn't mean every animal is physically abused while they're alive, but most people still eat more meat than what they really need, don't care about throwing it away, etc. and there's nothing wrong with admitting there's a problem and trying to solve it. sitting around making fun of everyone else doesn't help anything.

you say "fuck" far too much

From Yorkshire, swearing is weirdly just passive for me now. Sorry if it throws you a bit,

Actual vegetarian here.

First of all, I do not recommend your gf going off of eating chicken. If she really enjoys it then cuting it out of her diet is probably going to make her miserable. A lot of people say they want to be vegetarian when in reality they really don't. Though, its awesome she wants to cut back her meat consumption.

I would really recommend that you just support her decision and just roll with it. She'll probably be back to eating meat or chicken soon. Once again, Eating veg really isn't hard in any capacity whatsoever, but if she has attachment to chicken then she should probably eat chicken.

As far as seitan goes, it depends on what style you get it in. Some styles taste more like chicken, some like duck (in asia its often called "mock duck"), or in some style it tastes exactly like beef sausage. You need to find which style works best for whatever dish your doing. My recommendation is to rather get one of the already fake chicken cutlets instead to make your life easier. I recommend Gardein brand chicken cutlets are pretty damn good and often come with a pre setup sauce packet so its easy to cook.

???can you all chill and not spill your autism all over the place? the guy was just asking a simple question

I've been a vegetarian for over 8 years and I've never felt like I needed to go back nor do I even think about it. If you actually eat a decent varied diet you do fine. Most people that feel like shit on veg diet just tend to have a shit(american) diet to begin with

desu vegetarian really isnt that bad
i sometimes accidentally eat vegetarian and theres a lot of nice and tasty vegetarian options out there
id leave her only if she devolved into a vegan though, those are the crazy ones

Seitan is pretty good, it's wheat flour with the starch removed leaving the protein(gluten) behind. It has a very meaty texture, so much so that it's actually a little hard to distinguish from real meat when cooked right. It's very popular in Asia with Buddhists who practice vegetarianism or poor people who can't afford real meat very often. It's best to marinate it to really infuse it with flavor, choose seasonings that are associated with the kind of meat you want to replace with it. For chicken, that's thyme and sage. You can make it from scratch using all-purpose flour, but it can be a little labour-intensive.

Nice one man, any other tips?

tips for what specifically? Being a vegetarian or seitan/fake meats?

Anything to make this first month easier for her, we're on Veeky Forums so you got any recipes you really love to eat?

Do you have Gardein or Boca where you live? Just get that. It's fucking delicious.

tell her she's fucking dumb and meat is fucking delicious

^Ignore basically everything in this thread except for this.

I'm from the UK, so no.

Well, if she goes cold turkey on eating meat. Expect her to feel crazy for like 2 to 3 weeks as she adjusts to the dramatic change in diet. Trust me, as someone who has been through every fad diet(mostly for kicks) that you can think of, changing your diet in anyway will result in you feeling like shit for a while. Your body does not like dramatic change. So if she says she feels nuts or becomes irritable just remember that its the change in diet.

Eat a varied diet with plenty of fruit and veg, frozen fruit and veg work just as well.

Many mistake people make while going veg:

-people try to make fake meats the center of their diets just like real meat (do not do this, it will only make you feel like shit and cost a lot of money)

-many people try to match their same protien intake as when they were eating meat (do not do this, unless your a body builder you do not need to consume higher protein, but just remember protein is still a decent priority, its just not a matter of life and death like people make it out to be)

-eating the same diet you did minus the meat (this will make you sick, you need to actually eat substantial meals and not just all the snack shit you ate on the side with your meats)

-tricking yourself into thinking that not eating meat will make you iron-ill anemic(it will not, just eat a varied diet, many people mistake the transition period for becoming anemic)

-Not taking a mutli or thinking that you'll have to take tons of vitamin pills(you do not have to do this but if you feel you must then multis are incredibly cheap and you should be taking one anyway because most modern meat eaters are still deficent in vitamins becuase of our shit diets

Just get commercial faux-chicken, plain seitan is never going to get as close regardless of what you do with it.

She already has have a million health issues, she's a kickboxer so she has those shakes like 9 times a day so protein is fine.

Some great advice, now I think I can help adjust her diet. Any tips on a nice meal to start all this off with?

(cont.)
myths

-many people think that eating a vegetarian diet is expensive (its not, my weekly budget went down after being veg, as long as your not buying gimmicky bullshit or all fake meat, youll be fine. Its going vegan where things start getting expensive because of all the alternatives you have to buy)

-many people will refuse to cook even if they turn veg(fucking please cook if your going veg, many restaurants have garbage half-ass veg items on their menus and are not worth buying, learn some half-decent cooking skills and youll be fine)

If your new to cooking then I suggest easy meals like casseroles, curries, or soups. Theyre super cheap, filling, and about as idiot proof as you can get

good sources of cheap protein
-eggs, lentils, dairy, beans, tofu, tvp, rice or any grains really

here are some easy recipes that are pretty quick to make

allrecipes.com/recipe/13978/lentil-soup/
(lentil soup, easy to make)

thewanderlustkitchen.com/easy-vegan-lentil-tacos/
(lentil tacos, I always modify the spices and cut out the toppings in place of other things)

wellplated.com/vegetarian-lettuce-wraps/
(pf chang copycats of lettuce wraps, you can modify the recipe pretty easily)

hellyeahitsvegan.com/vegan-sloppy-joes/
(i prefer to make my life easier and just used your favorite bottle of barbecue sauce with cooked onion, garlic, and a green pepper mixed in, stupid easy)

thekitchn.com/recipe-lentil-and-mushroom-sweet-potato-shepherds-pie-182683
(looks complicated but its really not, I switched out the red wine for balsalmic vinegar and it worked well, easy to modify.

Thank you very much, while not 100% new to cooking. I'm new to a lot of this stuff.

seriously though, just look up recipes online, there are millions of vegetarian cook books and even more stuff online. just use google and you'll be set for life. I suggest getting creative and modifying things where you see fit. It's easier than it looks. Hope that was helpful. Just lemme know if you have anymore questions

I trust Veeky Forums more than google. I've had some horror studies doing the google method

A lot of it is very easy and forgiving when making. Just remember that spices and sauces are key. A lot of the flavors you think about when you think of meat are the spices. thyme for beefs, rosemary for polutry, pumpkin spice for pumpkins etc. just play around with it

Making good fake chicken is her problem, not yours. She should have considered this before she decided to be a fucking meme.

yeah same. google can be a shit show. Like I said before, always modify recipes if you feel comfortable, trust your palette over randos on the internet

I honestly never understood the reasoning behind vegans/vegetarians. Currently I'm living on a vegetarian(not sure if eggs are vegetarian tho but w/e) diet but only because I'm cutting meat and want to learn how to get creative with veggies more. The whole spiel about "muh hurting poor animals" is a pretentious hipster shit, and this is coming from a tumblr-tier assfaggot. Any time I hear someone say that they're vegan/vegetarian because "they hurt the poor animals" and how other people should feel bad for the animals, I just want to go to them and slap them. If they have enough time to care about animals, they have enough time to care about people who are in much more pain than some animal that doesn't even have the concept of life and death.