I just finished reading 2666

I just finished reading 2666.

H-hold me, Veeky Forums. What do I even do next? Where do I go from here? It certainly doesn't get any better than this.

What did Archimboldi do in Mexico? What happened to Klaus? What happened with the murders?

Holy shit I'll never know, WE'll never know, Bolaño is dead. My chest hurts from the pure anxiety coming from the acknowledgement of the fact that this is it.

What can I read to alleviate the pain? I have the Woes of the True Policemen. Is that gonna do it?

Anyways, Bolaño appreciation thread, 2666 thread, whatever.

So it's really that good huh? How much of it is les artistes walking around in mexico? I hate books that are about writers and that's what has put me off so far

Pretty much 0%. Maybe you're thinking about The Savages Detectives.

And yes, it's that good (have in mind I read it in its original language).

Very little, though some of my favorite parts do involve 'artists' in Paris.

God, I love this work. I always find myself thinking back to the geometry book outside...

Finished a couple of weeks ago, one of the first books I really read. Gonna have to re-read it someday.

The book would had been fucking god tier if he had been able to finish it and edit it
Still great
2666 is so much better than savage detectives

How accessible is this book? I've been meaning to pick it up for a while but I haven't read any Bolano before. Would it be wise to just dive straight in or do i need to prepare myself with his works first?

Now read putas asesinas

He writes pretty clearly. If length is not a problem for you, then I'd say is pretty accessible.

Bear in mind that people recommend reading The Savage Detectives first. I did that, but I don't see why you couldn't just dive into 2666 right away.

Keep seeing this recommended and I think I'll finally buy it.

Fuck it.

5>4>2>3>1
Can we do that?

This is the first work by Bolano I've read and I had no problem with it other than figuring out how the timelines fit all together.

>You'll never fuck Liz Norton

>You'll never fuck Liz Norton
good. I won't have to bear her fucking everyone i know as well.
Is there a single non-whore in any of bolaño's books?

Lotte a pure.

you aren't supposed to know you dip. the story is cyclical. the murders keep happenjng because klaus doesn't have anything to do with them. women just get murdered in mexico.

>You'll never be as alpha as Morini

Kek

The final scene in Fate's Part when they're about to meet Klaus is the fucking tensest shit I've ever read even though nothing actually threatening is happening. Pretty incredible.

Read the rest of his works and read Horacio Castellanos Moya.

>Dat Paki bashing scene

The first part of 2666 is like that. I really didn't know what to think of it initially because I read it with no prior research. It gets much more interesting though, and as the book progresses the earlier parts are made sense of.

It's still a pretty obscure book but I thought it was very good.