Whats the most questionable shit youve eaten?

Whats the most questionable shit youve eaten?
>made spaghetti and meatballs
>theres a lot of meatballs and tomato sauce leftover but no spaghetti
>decide to make a meatball sub
>get the bread
>realize as im assembling this ugly poor people sandwich, I didnt refrigerate the meatballs for 5 days
>just sat on the counter
>sandwich is already done, might as well slap on the provolone and put it in the oven
>tasted great
>10 hours later im locked to the toilet shitting for close to 2 hours now

its like fire and brimstone exiting my ass

Got some bread spare in the toilet? Could make another one by the sound of it

how fucking retarded do you have to be to eat meat that's been left out for 5 days?

I thought the FDA was bullshit and only says to throw it out after a long period of time because they want you to buy more food

i was really hungry one night in the studio. cafe wasnt opening for another two hours and i was losing my mind. i left my desk to go scavenge. found another persons half eaten takeout on their desk. i snatched it and went back to my desk. upon inspection, i saw that most of everything was eaten and only part left were soggy veggies and rice. the plastic fork was tossed into the sauce. i picked it up and ate anyways. it was as expected, unfulfilling and the sauce overpowering. much of the veggies were disgusting but i was too hungry to not finish.

i threw the container away and looked for more food. in the communal fridge i found a hardened burrito. but it turned out to be one of those gross greek wraps. i was sure the owner also thought it was gross because the thing was hard as a rock from neglect. half eaten too, but i took it and munched on it.

ive done things like this many times. i lose all self control when its late and in hungry. same goes for when its late and im horny. i become a wolf. nobody knows.

The FDA isn't bullshit, but "best by:" dates are. They're not expiration dates, they're just scams to get people to buy more food and root around in the back of the display in grocery stores. Food is still good for days after the "best by" if it's properly stored.

My man, the FDA is bullshit. You're still alive, right? Then the food was good to eat!

>hitchhiking cross country doing day labor from time to time to be able to eat
>go 3 days w/o finding any work so haven't eaten in that time
>dropped off in the middle of fucking nowhere Indiana surrounded by fields of animal feed tier corn
>pick 5 ears and eat them raw.
>they have the texture and flavor of wood pulp and chemicals

Probably certain I'll get cancer by the age of 50 now.

Last night i woke up and made a "burrito" out of some leftover rice and ramen noodles my sister left on the stove, some frozen fish sticks, a beaten egg, and some deli american cheese.

It tasted like the kind of garbage you'd expect.

you didnt try to get them steamed? not even wash em?

I was drunk and tried frying hummus.
Surprisingly, it 'worked'' but it's not anything I'd voluntarily repeat.

I toured China for two weeks in a punk rock band and only ate street food the entire time (plus a couple of hole in the wall family owned restaurants). I made a point of entirely avoiding any Western food where possible. Everything I ate was amazing, but I got sick about a week in and couldn't eat for 40 hours and had to vomit every half an hour or so. I was drinking tap water as well so that probably didn't help. I was fine after a couple of days and went straight back into the same thing so whatever. Would do again

They give a 2 hour limit on food not being kept hot/cold so that restaurants don't end up accidentally poisoning dozens/hundreds of people, better safe than sorry kind of thing that probably ends up saving money in the long run by preventing illnesses. But, I still wouldn't eat most foods, especially meat that had been left out for 12+ hours. 5 days is way too long, since most leftovers start going off in about a week and that's when they've been kept refrigerated. have them last too long

you got what you deserved
jfc retard
the worst thing is, if you had cooked them the day you got them they probably would have been fine after 5 days

also learn the difference between use by and best before dates and if they say refrigerate then yeah you should fucking refrigerate them

Maybe you should sue the FDA for not being precise enough

I was by the side of a highway in the middle of nowhere and there wasn't any running water.

Hope you enjoyed that gutter oil.

My first attempt at cooking as a 10 year old.

I opened up a plum and sautéed it in every sauce and spice on our rack.

I thought my parents would be impressed by my culinary expertise.

They made me eat it.

>buy Mett (freshly grounded raw pork meat eaten raw)
>place left overs in the fridge
>for a week
>starve on a sunday, end of the month, no shekels to spare
>Mett looks more delicious by the minute
>doesn't smell that great tho
>fuck that shit
>fry it up and eat it with some bread

>couple hours later realise I didn't heat it through enough
>have the shits for two whole weeks, nearly have to go to the hospital

that's what you get from not washing your hands after taking a dump

You know, the FDA was founded in 1906 as part of President Roosevelt's reforms to food and drug safety laws, which were made because food safety and purity standards in the USA had plummeted so low that meat processing plants were quite literally padding out their cans of potted meat with rats they managed to catch in the factories. The FDA exists to protectthe consumer. There's some bullshit in there as with all government agencies, but the basic rules they put out are usually in your best interest.

Congratulations, you accidentally invented falafel.

You dumbass, the FDA is bullshit because they're ridiculously lax about health standards, not because they're too strict.

I went to popeyes after class with friends and bought some fried chicken. I wasn't really hungry so I had one piece and then left the rest in one of the school's bathrooms. I returned to the washroom in 30 minutes because I had been drinking and I saw two guys enjoying the fried chicken I had left behind.

They didn't look poor/homeless so I figured they were just stupid.

Ate some rat when going through Cameroon.
Food there was pretty surreal, but that took the crap cake.

Shouldn't it taste and smell rotten after that long?

Should have found a soy bean field those are somewhat palatable raw.

It actually tasted really good, like nothing was wrong with the flavor. I think the provolone cheese masked it

>Whats the most questionable shit youve eaten?
Nettle soup. (Never again. Just no.)

how do you just leave food out for 5 days. don't you clean?

I once ate a bbq sandwich made from 3 month old spicy sausage that had been left out for 2 to 3 days
it gave me food poisoning and I vomited into my bathtub

i worked as a janitor for a while and id eat pizza or whatever else out of the trash if it looked good enough

never got sick either, suck it fags