How do you make your pizza sauce?

how do you make your pizza sauce?
I usually just use a tin of chopped tomatoes and salt+pepper+some herbs.
It's low effort and I want to learn how to make the bestest pizza sauce there is.

Ketchup.

ground up fennel gives it a nice sweet touch

That's pretty much all there is to it.

>ketchup
That's strictly a Chicago thing.
No one else does it.

put some grated parmesan in it while you're cooking it. some garlic is nice too

GARLIC GARLIC GARLIC BASIL

Chicagofag here and that is definitely NOT a chicago thing. I'm not gona show up and be one of those chicagofags that shills deep dish relentlessly, but you gotta understand people around here can be pretty particular about pizza.

The ONLY times I've ever seen ketchup pizza were on tv, and it was either really poor people eating it or honeybooboo-type degenerates.

In additon to your canned tomatos, buy some small tomatoes on the vine. Boil them up to get the skin off, but save the vine. Put the vine in the sauce as it simmers, it will really bring out that bright tomato taste.

>how do you make your pizza sauce?
I just thinly slice or roughly chop raw tomatoes, place in bowl and make like a fresh sauce, sprinkle with really delicious olive oil, hit with a minced raw garlic clove (think bruschetta topping), fold a couple times in the olive oil, and then lay down my tomatoes, clump on some fresh whole milk mozzarella, maybe some clumbs of ricotta or goat cheese. Run some thinly sliced red onion in the remaining oil and garlic in the bowl, and lay on top to get browned during cooking. Mushrooms, some sauteed sausage, or roasted peppers might go on top.

Keep it simple. Delicious tomatoes don't need a ton of seasoning or flavor other than salt and olive oil.

boil a fuckton of goodass plum tomatoes in butter than pass them through a food mill

It's actually a Mexico thing. They tried to feed us a Hawaiian pizza with ketchup as the sauce when I went as a youth. It's only just recently that they've begun to use normal tomato sauce

>HURRRRRRRRR DURRRRRRRR DEEP DISH IS THE BEST YOU BETTER NOT MAKE IT ANY WAY OTHER THAN EXACTLY THE WAY I SAY TO HURRRRRRR DURRRRRRRRR.

God you Chicago slimes need to just lay down and die already.

Blend tomatoes and stick the sauce in a pan

Garlic
Basil
Oregano
Salt
Pepper
Cayenne

Few dashes of balsamic a few minutes from being done

>the grease gives it the flavor

Mexican here
where the fuck did you bought that pizza
almost every pizza place I went they use normal sauce

San Marzano tomatoes make the best sauce. Buy those and crush/cook them with some simple herbs.

Most Chicagoans will actually brag about their terrible thin crust instead of the actually good deep dish.

Chicago thin crust is a trash pizza that actually is inferior to most styles, deep dish is a simply a delicious and different take on pizza.

I start with 3 - 4 large pot, 6 gallons eash. 3-4 cases of tomatoes, so about 60 pounds. I'll puree them a bit, but not a lot, you can always do that more later for texture.

Next I start the simmer and add seasoning (I'm not even going to tell you wants up with seasoning), 1 or 2 bay leaf per pot depending on the size (of the bay leaf) and reduce....reduce all day over low heat. Taste and reduce taste and reduce taste and reduce taste and reduce all fucking day. Combine pots once the reduction hit about the halfway point.

That's about it. Eat what you want, fridge, freeze or donate what you don't need right away.

Olive oil, tomato paste, tomato sauce, basil, fennel, parmesan cheese, butter, garlic, sauteed onions, oregano, pepper, and a little bit of salt and sugar if need be.

this, and garlic

Shut up and eat your ketchup pie you human trash

Awful lot of jealous New Yorkers in this thread.

That sounds like a Japanese thing imho

I know a guy who vacationed in Japan once, he said their pizza was basically like a giant version of those tiny pizza Lunchables heated up in a microwave.

onions and garlic roast without color... than taking sugar and caramelize this
than you give the chopped and fresh chopped tomatoes to mix
give oregano,majoran,salt and pepper!
you must light cooking this mix for 2-4 hours
thats the perfect pizza/tomatosauce

Yea thats bullshit unless he was eating exclusively frozen pizza.

Pretty much all pizza is Italian style except at chains. One of the restaurants I went to won best pizza in a European competition multiple years in the early 2000s after studying in Italy. It was really good, but still it was Italian style so not the best pizza ever.

Theres also an extremely small number of specialty restaurants for other style, atleast in Tokyo. Theres a chain of deep dish places, one single NYC style place I found, and another place that had "California" style pizza that was pretty good.