Introductory course labs

>introductory course labs
Is there anything worse?

They're all easy as hell. Every one just give you a document with instructions you follow step by step. You're probably just a brainlet with a reading disability.

>he thinks it's the difficulty that I'm complaining about

>college algebra

It's a lab dude. No matter what it's better than sitting in a lecture or studying for a test.

Grading faggot undergrads

which university you go to?

In class assessment: call up girl to demonstrate to me how her Java program works.

>i didnt do it user kun *puppy eyes*
>what?
>then i have to fail you
>but.... i was on holiday in Ibiza
>...its November, you haven't had any official holidays...
>hmppfff *walks away*

whoa, CS kids taking their future really seriously

I've actually been soft on them. I've had people submit shit that just instantly segfaults saying they spent five hours without figuring out how. It rarely takes me more than 5 minutes to track it down and fix their shitty program, but it just saps my time and energy doing so and it's just so I don't have to give them zero credit. Next graded problem set (they get two of them) I've made it abundantly clear that I will not tolerate any bullshit and give them zero marks for shitty code and seg faults.

why not go into the marketplace? teaching brainlets must be draining

Getting muh PhD. Besides here I can solve problems the way I see fit, which I have utilized to the fullest, building a very large project with functional streams in scala with fs2.

Sure I could get loads of dough in the industry, but this is way more fulfilling, and a bretty good investment. Grading undergrads is a fucking drag, but I do care about them, I was pretty clueless myself, the opposite of your typical "natural born coder"

>Can get Beta McCuckington to do her homework
>Can't get Beta McCuckington to quickly explain the code

Kek low quality female right there. That shit is basic betabending. At least make him comment his code baka

Yeah I judge their character. If they clearly don't give a fuck, then I'll be more critical. I'm working at a major metropolitan uni (not super selective desu), and its not uncommon that five students submit the same Same SAAAAMEEE broken code. How dumb and lazy can you be to not even change the variable names or check that the program runs when you plagiarize...

I don't show any mercy for blatant plagiarism. On the other hand I don't really care if the code looks like it's been written individually, even though the students have shared ideas and discussed among themselves, even though it's strictly forbidden for this course. It's not enforce-able, and I don't think it serves any purpose for the learning outcome anyways.

>implying user doesn't masturbate before dealing with women

this is basic Bestiary, it's like hunting a werewolf without silver bullets

bugs...

I am talking about the girl. She could have easily gotten Beta McCuckington to explain the code to her so that then she could bullshit user and get a grade. All it takes is an extra kiss emoji and the betas go all out. They'll even sell their house to buy you a car or some shit. Works wonders.

And I'm saying she couldn't even if tried because user is an experienced undergrad slayer, and knows how to shield himself from pussy

What do you mean? She could have easily memorized a basic explanation of the code and then recited it word by word. It is that easy.

huh no

if he asks what x line of the code does she wouldn't be able to explain it

It's so easy to bust people for not having written their own code. If they knew enough to easily explain someone elses code they would just have written it themselves.

That's true but we have to assume the girl knows how strict her professor is. When a girl assembles her team of betas she needs to be picky. The beta team for a class must be as dilligent as the professor of the class to counter him. If we know the professor is so strict he will ask about specific lines of code then you need betas so hard working they comment every single line of the code and then when you get back from Ibiza you sit down and read all the comments and memorize what every line does, at least in general terms.

I am just saying, she has some lazy betas. This is very basic stuff. Every girl knows how to do this, it basically shows a lack of control on her part. That or her class has low quality betas, in which case I pity her.

huh stacy. you're trippin

I am just telling how it is. I think of it as a game. I call the game of queens and betas. It is not official though. It is like chess but instead of protecting the king, the pawns have to protect the queen. It is also multiplayer because a map (a course) can have multiple queens and the map starts with a limited amount of pawns with no affiliation so the first stage of the game is always collecting as many pawns as you can.