Do you guys think there is a difference of teaching quality between male and female teachers/professors...

Do you guys think there is a difference of teaching quality between male and female teachers/professors? Which do you like better, and why?

female professors are the most autistic people I've crossed

man female profs are so shit
about 99.99% of male teachers i've come across were decent
but only about 10% of female ones were actually decent

women see their status as a proof of their worth in society and constantly remind you of that, with a inferiority complex like attitude

for men, it's just a job

I've had two female professors (in university). Both of them were really good. So have been all my male professors. I don't think gender is an issue here. That said, I'm not in the US so maybe the problem is that the culture of the US raises shitty women.

I think men are held to a higher standard. Having been on both sides of the review process, I've heard plenty of sexism that excuses women while holding men accountable.

For example, if a female teacher gets reviews from students that say she lacks confidence, doesn't seem comfortable with the material, or is ineffective at managing students, then she'll be told by her boss/colleagues/department that she can ignore these comments because they are blatantly sexist.

There is no comparable standard for men. People believe the students about male teachers.

I know some sexism exists, but it's this sort of thinking that makes it very difficult to give valuable criticism to women. Departments are too afraid of seeming sexist to hold them accountable, sometimes.

I don't believe that men are inherently better teachers than women, but I do think that women are often sheltered from criticism and self-reflection that is meant to help them get better.

top kek

do they cry too?

Every female professor I had sucked at teaching, the only exception was a 65 year old theoretical computer scientist who knew her shit and was extremely good at teaching and research.

Female professors are perhaps better at explaining things to laymen and first year undergrads, because if the IQ gap between a speaker and the audience is too large it hinders communication.

Male teachers are better in my experience because when I took pre calculus I failed that class because I could not stare away from my teacher ass idk y I couldn’t look away and before I knew I failed the class

99.9% + 10% is more than 100%, user

Holy kek you dumbass

If you're male, I think women are better for more passive learning. Men are better for active engagement, whether that's competition, or whatever else. Something about the architecture of the mind, or perhaps people themselves, ensures this.

>such low level of reading comprehension
Top vav, no wonder you're here instead of doing sometging actually productive.

Having female teachers in early development is the worst possible thing for a growing boy.
Female teachers just have no idea how to handle young boys' personalities which is why you see all these neutered betas these days. They effectively get raised by spinsters or women fresh out of college who have no idea how to handle young boys.

>fluid mechanics
>female prof
>turn in hw
>"see me after class"
>"I see you've been copying the solutions manual. How did you answer [some easy question] so quickly?"
>me "those are calc1 derivatives. Why would it be tough?"
>"you have the same answer as the solutions manual."
>me "... and i guess that means I got the answer right?"
>" ok smart ass, answer the question in front of me, but Im changing the powers on the equations."
>do the problem
>get it right
>her chest and neck are bright red
>"next time i think you copied the solutions manual, im taking it to the administration."
>me " so i got the answer right, passed your test and now i have to be paranoid about turning in hw? I got a 90 on the test, i can do this work on my own."
>"Go before i rethink the second chance i gave you. Theres students bwhind you and you're wasting their time."

Shes a little turkish lady too, so i did not expect her to be so mean.

I think women are evolutionarily selected to be better teachers

I've had good and bad male professors, and I've had good and bad female professors. I think it's more of an individual thing than a gender thing.

There are female teachers? I never noticed.

That sounds like something you should bring up to the dean before she decides to get you in trouble

About 50-50 over here. I only remember really great and really shitty profs, and I'd say there are the same number of each in terms of gender. Women tend to excel at more artsy classes imo.

Nice digits.

>Implying the dean gives a shit about what some snot-nosed brat has to say about an authority figure

You're right, I just made an appointment with my advisor.

From my 4 years at uni, I had only 5 female teachers lol. Only 1 of them was good. I think she was on the spectrum a bit but she knew her stuff. Most of the time the teacher doesn't really matter since you are learning from the book anyway.

This might be true to some extent. It also doesn't help that in elementary school, 1 teacher teaches all of the subjects instead of doing well teaching 1 area of expertise.

You notice that more women occupy the lower rungs of the education ladder and more men occupy the higher rungs. On the low end it is just about having babysitting skills and on the high end it is about having expertise.

Maybe society is shooting itself in the foot by poorly utilizing the early years of education when learning is the easiest for the learners.

women teachers know to get free sex from consenting male students

All of my female professors in grad school have been great. You just need to be in a somewhat decent department.

Theyve been pretty much the same for me. One of my math teachers I remember best, a woman, was very passionate and motivating and made great puns. I have also had great male instructors. I think the difference between male/fem profs is mainly in the subjects they teach, and generally non stem subjects usually have more women so maybe thats why there is the association of them being shit based on other opinions in this thread. For math and physics i havent seen much difference

Talking from experience here, so take it as you will. But I found that female profs are average, not amazing, but not terrible, in general. While male profs are either great or atrocious

This. The inspiring profs are always male, but the absolutely horrendous profs who can't even run a lecture are also always male. With female profs, you're basically guaranteed an average time

What does that say about you though?

That being said, the person who inspired me to major in STEM was my Chemistry teacher in HS, she was a great teacher

Not really. Then again my parents raised me right so I'm not such a mess with women vs a lot of my cohorts are my university.

Faith?

My best math instructors were always female. My trig instructor was an overweight black woman and that bitch was hard as fuck but she made me love trig. Anything to do with application (specifically physics and electronics) male teachers were the best.

I had best lectures with white males professors. I had 3 good female lecturers, and the only reason were because 2 of them were over 60 year old sweetheart grannies, and the other was a 40 year old, passionate about her subject and had no kids and spent the rest of her day in her office actually tutoring students better than the actual student tutors.

i had the exact opposite experience , my worse teachers were old 50+ white Americans males teachers. While my best teachers were slavs and arabs both male and female.

>in elementary school, 1 teacher teaches all of the subjects instead of doing well teaching 1 area of expertise.
Because they're teaching stuff that everyone is supposed to know like the back of their hand.

Slavs are white