Salt Thread

What's your preferred salt for cooking with? I personally like using sea salt.

Other urls found in this thread:

smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/thousands-mysterious-yellow-sponges-have-washed-french-coast-180964117/
nature.com/articles/srep46173
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sea salt to boil water
Pink salt for garnishing

That salt with the blue specks is pretty

>corn flakes and bacon bits is salt in this timeline

what is it anyway

looks like icebreakers or something

I use sea salt if I am tasting it. To rub on steak meat, sprinkle on top of foods before serving.

I don't at the moment have any fancy natural salts, ran out. Other than fleur del sel, which has a nice crunch, and sel gris which has some mineral flavor, I never found a taste from the others. Black salt tastes like nothing, same as pink salt. There is occasionally one that has more of the essence of the sea when I buy sea salt, very subtle. But, when I do have them, they are like a garnish, used to kind of some degree just if they make sense to be coarser or finer, like on popcorn.

I still use iodized table salt where I do things like boiling pasta, rice, or adding salt to a dish, because I don't have seafood often. Gimme that iodine :D

>using impure NaCl when they all work perfectly
>inb4 flavor, salt is not suppose to add any flavor

Havsno is made from clear north Atlantic sea water. Perhaps my favorite general purpose cooking salt. 10/10

>Adding spices to a meal when cooked unseasoned meat is enough for your body to survive
>inb4 flavor, spices aren't supposed to add any flavor

Sea Salt or Kosher salt by default. Depending on the dish I'll also use Hiwa Kai or Pacific Blue, but both are typically 'after' salts...meaning not for cooking.

i fucking kekd

I use a pinch of ionized table salt almost every morning to make oatmeal, but other than that it's sea salt for the rest of the day. Do you think I'm getting enough iodine?

is seasoned salt degenerate?

Sodium Chloride

the cool thing about nutrition is that if you're really not getting enough then your body will tell you. Do you look like you're smuggling a balloon in your throat? If not, you're getting enough iodine.

>Adds protein
>Nice spicy and smokey flavour

No mexican food is complete without a bit of Sal de Gusano sprinkled on top.

Looks like crystal cat litter

My nigga

Is... is that rice?

HIMALAYAN

Yes, yes Maldon is excellent - not as good as Havsno but very good indeed.

kosher 90% of the time

I would switch to iodized salt just to be safe. NaCl is always an ionic compound though.

kosher or nothing

sea salt has seagull shit in it

Chances are that your kosher salt is sea salt. Anyway, does anyone know why kosher salt is kosher? Does the Torah say anything about salt?

did we just become best friendos?

I only use fleur de sel, anything else is pleb shit

>run out of salt
>keep forgetting to buy more
>use msg instead
>everything still tastes fine, maybe even better

I wonder what the health effects of this are, just straight up replacing all salt with msg

Meat is kosher when it has no blood in it. Kosher salt is large and flaky, thus good at absorbing blood out of meat.

kosher salt because you can pinch it quite well, its not to fine and not to course, doesn't have anti-clumping agents, and over all is a pretty general use salt.

I've been adding none for a while. How long until I have problems?

Garlic salt for when I want to make myself some chicken breasts or pork chops.

Highly increased blood pressure.

retards

Wow this is pretentious shit. I'll bet you leave it out on the counter and talk about it to guests.

Im loving pink salt avocates

They prove to be of the most simplest of minds

Personally i am a huge fan of Sodium Chlorite.

Nigger you're gonna kill yourself

>Wow this is pretentious shit. I'll bet you leave it out on the counter and talk about it to guests.
Is the word "clean" pretentious now? I wouldn't think so, especially after seeing what pollution floats up on the beach in "France" sea salt regions.
smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/thousands-mysterious-yellow-sponges-have-washed-french-coast-180964117/

Also sea salt contains plastic

nature.com/articles/srep46173

I like garlic salt