Al/ck/ general

al/ck/ general
When was the last time you managed 24 hours clean? edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine
youtube.com/watch?v=-LQVPUfb8VM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Stand up from chair
>Suddenly diarrhea just hits without any warning
>Barely make it to the toilet
>Clenching asscheeks and ass
>Narrowly made it to toilet
>Surprisingly underwear was fine but ass was completely covered in shit

Fuck, alcohol has rekt my stomach so hard

Iktfb. The shits are a non trivial downside of being constantly poisoned

Heart goes out to the al/ck/s who have no one. The main thing that has kept me from drinking is being able to talk to my friends about it when I get the idea in my head to get drunk. That was the one useful idea I kept from my weird AA detour. Except when I was actually in AA I was afraid to do that because of the scrutiny those fuckheads put you under. My best bro keeps pics from my hospital trips to remind me of where it ends up without exception.

Stop before you ruin your pancreas.
Dry for over a year, still carry clean underwear in my bag all the time, and will for the rest of my life.

Same. My entire large intestine is ruined by ulcerative colitis. Chances of cancer are substantial. Thanks alcohol.

/r/ing more shit or health stories. This is the shit that keeps me from drinking myself into an early grave.

i used to shit my britches about once a month or so while i was drinking, cause i had the shits real bad like almost all the time and would pee out my ass like 8 times a day, now that ive been sober abot 6 weeks sometimes i go a few days without shittin and my stomach starts hurtin and i feel the doodoo on the move and i go take a HUGE shit that makes your eyes water and that's like the highlight of your day cause your sober and you got jack shit going on lmao

Is there any benefit to drinking 4 days a week then going sober for 3 days or am I still doing tons of damage to myself?

Between 6-10 high abv beers a day when I drink

That's still considered binge drinking more than the recommended amounts so it's potentially damaging, though any amount of sobriety is good. Not positive about this but condensing your alcohol consumption into a few days instead of spreading it evenly over the week is supposed to be worse.

It's better to have consistent low intake (3-4 beers daily), than high intake (8-10 beers) with sober days. some user in the last 2 threads had decent sources for the reasons (something with glutamine release during detox,or so) couldn't be fucked with saving the links though, sry.

Well I mean, obviously it's better than drinking 7 days a week...
But yes, 40 pints a week is what, 160 units? UK Govt guidelines say men should have a max of 14.

>UK Govt guidelines

It's called kindling, and it gives you brain damage

man I swear drinking has killed all my gut fauna. Literally can't even remember the last time I took a shit and solid logs came out. This is how I found out Yuengling uses dye in their beers btw. I'd kill a half case of them and then literally shit the dye out.

>Well I mean, obviously it's better than drinking 7 days a week...
It's not.
Withdrawals kindle your brain and fuck your brain up plus other things.
Drinking daily is infinitely better than going through withdrawals on your sober days

Not 6-10 every day though, you could probably keep yourself in one piece with 2 on the off days

Kind of read the previous literal shit posts about not shiitting right. That sucks. Just wanted to contribute, just drank 4 bottles ofwine and threw up everywhere. Had to clean the entire bathroom and take two showers. Happens all the time. Fuck my life.

Can't remember the last time I threw up while drunk. Literally years ago, maybe even a decade. The moment I'm sober though? Holy shit, it just won't end. One sip of water and I'm dry heaving for 5 minutes.
I'm so scared of alcohol. I need to escape, but I seemingly just cannot

Fuck I'm 20 and im an alcohol. Stomach is kind of fucked but not as bad as you guys are making it out to be. This thread has literally motivated me to stop drinking everyday, with the maybe exception of when I go to parties or hunting.

I'm drinking quite a bit right now. I had three shots and am on my third drink (oliet pepsi with two shots each).
The VA fucked up my back with my most recent surgery. I was down to 3 drinks/night until then. Now it's closer to 8-10 drinks a night. Plus, I started smoking pot. They told me, today, that I need to drive 2 hours to Syracuse in the morning to talk to another fucking surgeon.
And I'm out of pot.

It's either killed it because of the alcohol or bred unhealthy bacteria from the small amount of sugar leftover in the beer which can end up being a lot of sugar if you drink a lot of beer.

Try eating unsweetened yogurt/kefir and raw sauerkraut to put some good bacteria into your system. Any raw fermented foods/drinks will help.

Any good mixed drinks with coffee?

Baileys + iced coffee + dark beer of your choice + Kahlua if you like it (always tasted weird to me)

Bonus if it's a beer you enjoy because you wouldn't just waste the rest of it, would you?

>withdrawals
does everyone go through withdrawals though or just alcoholics?

If you're going through withdrawals, you're an alchy,

Look up irish coffee

Withdrawals are what happens to humans who are dependent on alcohol.
>does it only happen to alcoholics
Probably

Where does one go from here? The withdrawals are bad and I don't even feel sick otherwise

Anything helps. I currently have part of my ER discharge papers tacked to my bedroom wall

Hope it works out man

But If you gotta use something use more pot than booze

I drink to avoid withdrawals.

You guys are disgusting. Get some help.

That's what I'm doing now

This thread is help, stoopid.
We're here getting it.

user's advice was: it's worse to drink on and off because you constantly go through withdrawals

my point is that I don't go through any kind of withdrawals when I quit drinking, I can easily take a few days or weeks off. Or is there some kind of 'withdrawal' that happens regardless even if you don't notice anything

>just got paid (midnight, 17 minutes ago)
>log into various accounts to make repayments
>00:17
>47 pounds remaining
Who needs food anyway. At least I'll have somewhere to live, electricity, and I have enough alcohol.
Alcohol lobbyists/business execs must be some rich motherfuckers.

You'll notice something if you have an issue, I promise.
Don't get there

>being alcoholic and poor at the same time

How does this even happen? I didn't become an alcoholic until after I was making six figures. I still don't even go to bars until I'm overseas or otherwise traveling, because bars are way too fucking expensive per drink.

If your shit is orangy or yellowish, it's pancreatic damages.
See a gastroenterologist.

Good life choice, kid.

You tapper if you have bad withdrawals. If you can go a week without a drink, you're passed withdrawals. And now have PAWS.

There is no hidden withdrawals, but you definitively don't want to experience them. There isn't a precise line between non-drinker and raging alcoholic, you don't realise when you're getting addicted, it's a slow and sneaky thing, but once you realise you're addicted, it's hell.
Try taking a month dry, see how it goes.

I'm pretty sure I'm being forced/bullied out of my job and it fucking sucks, where will I get booze money from

Never posted here before. I drink most of the time. Went three years without a sober day once. Cut back to few days during the week. Four or five. Stopped drinking hard liquor after I assaulted my brother unprovoked. He was trying help me find a CD and apparantly I started swinging on him. He took it in his stride and restrained me and forgave me the next day. He knows what I'm like sadly. But I quit the hard stuff there and then. Beer now. Maybe forty or fifty a week. I try not to count them. But I'll buy at least 14-15 a night because my great fear is not being drunk enough and running out of drink. Fucked my own life up on this shit. Don't know why I'm writing this suppose I'm anonymous and it's easier. Lost my job and my friends over way I behave. Only person still has any time for me is my brother same guy I treated like shit more times than I can remember. Poor bastard knows there's fuck all helping me and still sticks around.

Sorry about the blog.

idk, I just went hard on friday and saturday nights, definitely not drinking on saturday during the day, staying sober during the week but my hangovers just kept getting worse and worse over the years. i think i got kindled this way

>with the maybe exception of when I go to parties or hunting.
das it mane, therein lies the well adjusted normie life

No need to apologise m8 that's the type of shit this thread is for.

Your brother sounds top tier, imagine how happy you'd make him if you cleaned your act up.

so you don't have a job anymore?

I feel like I might die if I don't drink, the nights are bad
The fear is a big motivator

Tapper like tappering down?

They don't call getting fucked up the "poor man's vacation" for nothing. And alcohol is pretty much the cheapest drug of choice. You can get drunk and fantasize about being rich as fuck or whatever you want to be, and it seems real for a time.

No its very possible.
Cheep wine for 6 bucks. A fith of cheep wisky for 15. Some people rather drink then eat.
Hell this old black lady comes in around 8am and buys a 32 oz Cobra for 1.59.

Better taper lest you tapdance.

English is not my first languauge, what are you saying?

Drank about an 18 pack of beer a night give or take a tall boy or a 40oz on top of it all for 10+ years haven't had a drink since May 2 of this year it's been one hell of a roller coaster ride but I feel great

You typed "tappering", which implies the verb "tap" rather than "taper".

I know. Think he was proud I gave up the hard shit I was always an angry cunt on liquor. Quit it properly too no cheating and sneaking the odd one. Me and him grew up in pretty bad home and we only really had each other. He took it better than me I suppose. Really should try get sober.
Had few jobs in my life but showing up wasted tends to limit your career opportunities. As of now I'm doing security work the nights I'm able and getting neetbux.

Sorry, I meant that it is better to taper down your drinking, or else you risk a seizure.

I quit for 2 hours, I was determined, but I drove past that liquor mart and now I'm on the rye again. :(

Thanks that's what I'll try
Thank you anons for sharing some wisdom

I just did a month without. Now I'm back to 'moderate' drinking. Generally two or three drinks and not every day. One day I had five, but that's not really that bad either.

Anything under a sixpack of lager or its equivalent in liquor once in a while is something I'll allow myself.

Well, you have a relatively easy plan here.
Count how many beers you drink on average. Don't cheat.
Then give yourself a set number of beer per day. Lower this number each day. In two weeks, you're sober and avoided withdrawals. Well, the dangerous part of withdrawals, it'll still suck.
From here, PAWS will make building back some sort of decent life hard, but it get better slowly.

>my great fear is not being drunk enough and running out of drink
Me too, and I can't into tapering. But I drank vodka, I never tried tapering with beer.
I detoxed with benzo, did inpatient and outpatient.

That's possible too.
Binging once a week and spreading out daily are both very bad in their own ways.
Binging monthly is probably safer.

Taper, or see a doctor to taper with benzo.
Don't go cold turkey.

Yes.
Are-are you me?

Don't tell your brother that you're going to get sober. Do it and then show him that you can after you succeed.

What do benzos actually do?

Can they help you if you're not actually tapering? I've been taking L-Theanine to help with the toxicity of alcohol, and I'm wondering if I can continue to drink, but supply other substances that mitigate damage to my brain.

I wouldn't tell him anyway he would only worry and I'd be afraid if I failed him. Guy has been loyal to me and had my back even at his own expense for years. He deserves better. I want be better person the drink helps you forget about things though. Fucking self inflicted misery.

I keep forgetting where I live, even while at home. I've lived here ten years, but often I simply cannot remember what my house looks like. Sometimes I can't remember what room I'm literally currently in. Wtf is that?? It happens mainly when I'm sobering up. I'm so fucking confused, this shit has been happening for months

I was on a 4 days bender and just finished shaking it out of my system. I don't drink enough to have major WS symptoms but god the mental temptation to have some hair of the dog was unreal... felt so mentally shit for some reason. Hats off to the people here that have managed to climb off a real addiction

>Get back from 3.2 mile run.
>Shower and crack open a 40 of king cobra.

Stupid reality shouldn't have made alcohol taste and feel this good. Fuck this gay earth.

I've been clean since the US election. Woke up with my pants on inside out and zippered up somehow after a 4pack of old rasputin and no food all day.

I'll pick up the drink again once I get to Germany for Oktoberfest. But at this moment I have no plans to make it out there anytime soon.

pic related, the last pic i took before I woke up on my front room floor.

Yeah, they're supposed to be pretty addictive, not intended for long term use.
They had me on them the last time I quit thanks to the hallucinations.

Sedative/hypnotic/anti-psychotic.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine

I feel ya. I have issues with memory before/after drinking, but they're even worse when I'm trying to quit.

Kek'd. I passed out at 8PM that night thinking Trump had lost.
Woke up the next morning to /pol/ going nuts.
youtube.com/watch?v=-LQVPUfb8VM

Or ask for his support, you'll need it. He won't be overly disappointed if you fuck up because he understand alcoholism, and I don't know if you'll be able to do it alone.

They replace alcohol in the brain where chronic withdrawals happens, or something like that.
It's very addictive, its withdrawals are as horrible as alcohol. And being addicted to both is just absurdly hard to stop.
So the idea is to suddenly switch from a 75cl bottle of vodka per day to 60mg of valium per day (I can't remember the dose they gave me), and lower it to 0 in a week. You shake a little bit but you don't have seizures.
Benzo can be used as an anxiolytic, but NOT on a regular basis, more for panic attacks than social anxiety for example.

Yup, it's fighting fire with fire.

PAWS. Brain fog I think it's called.
It goes away after a month or 3, finishes totally clearing up after that, according to what I read there.

>people call me degenerate because dude weed lmao
>this whole thread
really makes me think

t. rich american frat boy

Really have the urge to drink right now why does it do this. Anyone got some good distractions? I usually exercise and vidya but I just got back from a run but it hasn't gotten any better.

*leans in*

wrong

i'm getting reacquainted with weed. feels better than drinking yourself to death desu.

Cook a meal that takes a long time to prepare or take a long walk

i feel like if youre gonna get fucked up all day, you might as well get high. it's physically healthier, thats for sure

just beginning day 6. no desire to drink but not much desire to live either. past the anxiety, nightmares are filthily disturbing and insomnia is awful but my god, the depression, it's indescribable. I'm too unhappy to even cry. everything changes so, so, SO much when you lose alcohol from your life. I know it's time, it has to end, but... I mean... what now? I'm so totally and utterly lost

>cooking with no beer, wine, or margaritas

Jesus christ, how horrifying.

Find something else to do and force yourself to do it. Alcohol is an easy excape, you only have to open a tab, pop a cork, or unscrew a cap and you're in a better place. Find some healthy activity or past time besides eating or smoking to fill the void. Also get some sleep aids and go on a cleanse to help did your body of those toxins. Being sober should be your goal and waking up not hung over the next morning is your reward.

I remember going to the grocery store, hands trembling, in a cold sweat, could hardly speak without feeling dizzy, paying for a 2/11 with quarters, just to rush home and chug half the can to feel normal again. Fuck that! I'll muster up any courage that's left in me to never go back to that again.

I'm a fucking lightweight compared to most people in /al/ck threads but here's the story of my life anyway.
>Started drinking at 16 because friends heartbroken, and daddy cheating on mommy
>Fucking retarded, I know
>Parents worried about it, go to family in countryside for the summer, do a lot of exercise and stop drinking
>Stay sober for a year
>Find interesting and cute real first girlfriend, lose virginity to each other and shit
>go live a month in Wales,party every night so drink a lot
>things start to go sour with gf after 3 months more. Not a bad girl but argued too much with her. We break up.
>find other gf two months after that. She's a fucking psycho, gets knocked up by one of my acquaintances, try to pass the baby as mine.
>Start drinking again to deal with bullshit
>tell her to kill herself and break up. Go back to first gf. Things are going great with her again.
>feel more and more miserable during my studies
>go to bar 3 times a week and get smashed on weekends.
>my drinking slowing increases, after a while I'm not even able to go on a date with her without being drunk
>do an internship, hit rock bottom, go on a month-long bender then break up with her because I was causing her more harm than good
> Get sober again, then get fit
>Travelled tol Scotland 4 weeks ago, drink 6-7 pints of beer every night since then and hate myself
Anyways, cheers pals, I hope you're alright.

You're barely out of acute withdrawals, but they're not over. You still have nightmares. Wait at least a month or two before deciding life isn't worth living sober.
Well, your PAWS are sad... Anhedonia isn't fun, heh.
It gets better, but it takes time.
It may be an idea to see a shrink and talk about anti depressant. They'll help you not feel sad while you get better (finding hobbies, getting a good sleep hygiene, and all the regular advices.)

Stop going to the UK dummy.

Yeah, won't miss the several layers of cans and bottles covering the entire floor, the waking in WD after 6 hours and needing to drink just to get a full night's sleep, spending half an hour stood by my front door trying to feel well enough to leave the house with a single morsel of confidence that I wouldn't throw up all over the shopkeeper's floor, the mystery cuts and bruises, the ruined finances, the waking on a hard surface and jumping in the air thinking I was back in jail - then sighing with relief as I realise I just passed out on the floor at home, the horrific embarrassment of ruining family relationships, the stupid shit I say to 'her' and her husband, the insane people with whom I'd associate, the shakes, puking, sweating, screaming and thrashing so much in my sleep that my bed moves a foot across the floor each night, the anxiety, the organ pains, the smashed furniture and laptops, the huge bowl of vomit and piss, the ambulances, the police, the furious neighbors, the not eating for a week, the smashed glass shards in my feet, the piss all over my bed, the fear of death, the not showering for months, the whole world changing while I stay the same, or... well, I'm gonna hit the character limit. I won't miss those things...
...but I will miss my long lost friend. I loved you, alcohol.
Goodbye, dear friend.

I've read a lot of horrendous shit in my days but how is this thread the most frightening thing I've seen in my entire life? Living this lifestyle is hell, pure hell. You guys need to start watching Jordan Peterson.

I have a Xanax prescription and I find Evan Williams and a Xanax here and there is quite enjoyable.

The cunts "no fun allowed" types will say it's a bad combination but it's great if you dont over do it

This thread is the only thing stopping me from getting a pint of vodka right now

Pint a day since 21 with a year off thanks to an ignition interlock

JBP man. I heard him on joe rogans podcast and now im hooked on his shit. his bible series has been really awesome so far, he inspires me to be less of a piece of shit

I've got high blood pressure, doctor lent me a machine to take home for a week and record my reading 4 times a day then go back to him with results. My BP is lower after I've been drinking than it is when I'm at work in a non-stressful job during the day. I think it's the withdrawals that are making it higher.

11am here now and my reading is 158/102
How fucked am I? I'm only 32 and a tiny bit overweight but not obese. I smoke and drink a lot, every day

Anyone else in this position?

yeah they are all like this. I think it's like AA but no Jesus and no risk of anyone ever knowing who you are so the stories are totally unfiltered

>28
>held sober for 6 months
>treating myself to a cheat day this Saturday as it'll finally have the night off.
>new gpu arrived (rx 580 8gb nitro)
GENTLEMAN. Planning on getting a six pack with whiskey on the side. Play vidya and listen to music till 3am. Suggestions?

I have an odd form of ptsd

When I talk to me family, they tell me it sounds like I'm at war or something and my stories sound normal to me. They will never understand, nobody will know

Do you just have to be quiet and never look at that part of your life again?

Just have fun little fella (and no drinkin and drivin)

>4 months ago
>be crippled from peripheral neuropathy from drinking
>be in rehab
>have physical aid named clay
>he was buff as fuck and always laughed at my jokes
>kinda a chad but a total bro with a heart of gold
>helped catch me as I relearned how to walk (wheelchair->walker->cane->foot braces)
>just found out he OD'd on heroin tonight at the age of 25

RIP Clay

F

Addiction is the sickest of the devil's work.

Outstanding post, besides the willingness to miss it part.

Eat fermented foods. Alcohol is fermented. Take that doctors >:]

Woke up at 5am started drinking cheap ass white cider. Have an appointment with a treatment clinic later today. Wish me luck bros

We're gonna make it bra. God bless you, user. I'm proud of you, I mean it.

dude how are you even asking this? you realize that most people living on the street are addicted to alcohol or even more expensive substances right? the addict finds a way

send that to readers digest