Want to fry chicken

>Want to fry chicken
>Read something about putting frying oil in a pot
>Try it
>Smoke everywhere
>It starts beeping
How the fuck do people deep fry at home?

Turn the heat down, you dip.

>How the fuck do people deep fry at home?

By using a fucking thermometer to make sure you don't heat the oil up too much. If the oil is smoking you're either using the wrong oil or you have the heat up way too high.

You can fry shit on just above medium get user

If you've ever cooked a steak on your stove you should know what setting starts smoking the oil. Don't go above that

>>Smoke everywhere
Took the oil past the smokepoint. If you do that again, I hope you know how to handle a grease fire, own a proper extinguisher, own a lid for that pot, and that you didn't leave the kitchen for even a moment.

>How the fuck do people deep fry at home?
Some people use a heavy le creuset pot with a thermometer clipped to the side and regulate their burner or have done it so many times, they kind of know which number is ideal on their stove.
OR
Own a Fry Daddy, air fryer, some kind of fancy built-in fryer, or similar frying appliance just for frying days.

My mom back when we were kids, used to own an electric skillet. This is something Floridians did before there was air conditioning year round. You grilled or looked for ways to make dinner that didn't involve warming up your house with an oven for an hour.
An electric skillet has a thermostat that self-regulates that temperature for you, even adjusting as you bring cold things in and out. Woks should have a similar thermostat and would be a good alternative. Look for the deepest sides when and if you go to buy one of these.

>people tell me deep frying is hard
>put oil in pot
>heat it up
>it just werks
>even with evoo

i dont think you should be operating a cooker or anything sharp

Should have extinguished it with a glass of water, bub ;^)

evoo is truly the best deep frying oil

if you're new to cooking/frying, get that Extra Virgin (means free of impurities that will smokeo and catch fire) Olive Oil and go to town, pedal to the medal

I think that someone might actually be stupid enough to fall for that.

>>pedal to the metal
I fixed that for you.

Oh
The guide said it needed to be like 200c so I just put it on highest, it wasn't even boiling

>free of impurities that will smokeo and catch fire
Turn down your temperature.

Geesh, you can should fry in the oil you want to fry in, but you need to know how to actually cook. I want my artichokes deep fried in olive oil, as well as my arancini. If you are too stupid to know how to fry in stuffed olives in olive oil, then there's something wrong with you. Stop repeating shill or advocating people use the wrong oil just because stupidity.

>it wasn't even boiling

OFC it wasn't. Oil doesn't boil. It stays a liquid until it starts to smoke and burn.

Did you even check the temp with ice?

>It starts beeping
>Oil
>Starts beeping

Never heard of a smoke alarm before?

>instructions say heat oil to 200c
>fuck that, if 200c is good 400c must be better

Idiot. But 200c is high anyway. You don't want the oil much over 182C (360F).

smoking is boiling for oil.

Oh
It was boiling in the end though

With ice? No, I didn't check the temperature at all
This was the first time I've ever tried deep frying, I had no idea what I was doing

>With ice? No, I didn't check the temperature at all
That's where you went wrong. You need to wait until is starts smoking and throw a good sized handful of ice into the oil to help regulate the temperature.

lmfao

don't put ice in hot oil, the moisture just makes the oil pop like crazy and could start a fire

200c is pretty high, aim for around 175c. On my dial I set it to 6.5/9 and it ends up around 175c, not sure if it would keep going higher because I keep checking the temperature and don't let it sit for much longer after it comes to temp. You should get a thermometer though, it's hard to judge the temperature otherwise.

Makes sense, I know you're not supposed to put water in it

Oh alright, cheers

That's why you have to make sure to keep a jug of water around, so you can put out the fire.

be careful or you'll make mustard gas

You sound like a dousche but that looks good af

lmao fuck off fun police

For the last fucking time DO NOT FRY WITH OLIVE OIL!

It wont boil until you put the food in. Heres tip. Lets say you want to fry potaoes. Take take a slice or a wedge or whatever and dip it in the oil. If it starts to boil it ready. If its ready turn the temp down. Turning the temp down wont lower the temp of the oil. It will keep it from raising.

A large cast iron skillet, or dutch oven. 180~185 depending on the oil.
Or go to Walmart and get a fry Daddy.

Good tips to know.
>use a wooden spoon in the oil to check temp.
> If it bubbles fast around the wood its hot enough.
> peanut oil is my personal favorite oil for frying due to high smoke point.
>vegie oil or canola work but i perfer peanut.
> you will have to adjust the heat a lot as you fry to keep the temp of the oil in check.
>make sure nothing is wet when you put food in the oil so it doesnt cause crackling.

>start a fire
Yeah and melt your fucking face off