Ghee thread

I have just discovered ghee. I was recommended for van dwellers since it needs no refrigeration.
How do you guys use it? So far I only use it as cooking oil.

What sort of low-life antics resulted in you living in a van

That shit is way too expensive here, is it that much better than plain butter?
Why don't you just use oil?

No extracted fat (besides maybe something like algae oil) does anything positive for you. Those calories could be from nutrient dense and flavorful whole plant foods :^)

ghee will make your dick limp like those chubby rapey indians

vegan pls

only 50%? id bump that up to at least 70, even thats conservative

I'm sorry sir, the fast food threads must have reminded you of the smells of your lonely, unloved childhood. The MGTOW thread is just down the hall in /r9k/.

redditor detected

that guy's a faggot but you're an even bigger faggot

It's more expensive because ghee has the milk solids removed, which is more labor. It has a higher smoke point than regular butter, which makes it ideal for frying at high temperatures,

I was a chantard 6/ redditard 4 before I paragonned into Epic Faggotry 8. Don't be jelly, love. :p

you're not funny

Is this what tumblr laughs at?

>ghee will make your dick limp like those chubby rapey indians
racist vegan? You guys are getting weirder by the minute.

>implying he's not a false-flagging /pol/ack trying to stir shit up as usual
80% of the /pol/fag's time is spent on other boards stirring shit up.

>le /pol/ boogeyman
kys

>kys
Both of you are faggots

Nope. Tumblr is a bunch of humorless bastards. They're too entrenched in the gender identity of smug fast food chains.

Something about the smell of ghee its container makes me think it'd make some bomb as rice Krispy squares. I dunno, something about it.

>buying ghee

it is literally just cooked butter. Make your own.

>make your own gallon of clarified butter
Hmm...no thanks. I would prefer to get something I know it's been done in a sterile environment and thoroughly filtered, not to mention consistently cooked. Ghee isn't regular clarified butter. The solids are allowed to brown slightly before they're removed, which is what gives it the distinct flavor.

>done in a sterile environment
>filtered

PUT A SKILLET ON MEDIUM LOW HEAT

PUT BLOCK OF BUTTER IN PAN, TURN HEAT TO LOW

COOK UNTIL IT STARTS TO POP AND FOAM, STIRRING WITH SPATULA OCCASIONALLY

CONTINUE COOKING

BUTTER WILL FOAM AND POP A SECOND TIME

WHEN POPPING STOPS AND BROWN BITS ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF PAN, POUR THROUGH COFFEE FILTERS/CHEESE CLOTH INTO JAR.

REPEAT UNTIL FULL

LET COOL DOWN TO ROOM TEMPERATURE

COVER WITH LID, REFRIGERATE OR KEEP IN COOL PLACE OUT OF DIRECT SUNLIGHT FOR UP TO TWO WEEKS

HOMEMADE GHEE IN A JAR: DONE

I fucking love ghee, it's like freebasing butter.