Do you drink the tap water in the USA?

Do you drink the tap water in the USA?
Which states has the best tap water?
Are there people who buy bottled water despite having drinkable tap water? Are you one of them? Why?

Flyovers need not apply.

Seattle. Yes, I drink it all the time. It tastes fine.

Went to Chicago for a cousin's wedding, and the tap water there didn't taste quite as good. Could be that I'm just not used to it though.

Yes, there are tons of people who do this for some reason. No, I'm not that wasteful.

petaluma CA, I drink tap, but it's filtered well water. Tastes fine.

Littleton CO. Im sure its riddled with shitty minerals and xenoestrogens like any other processed tap water but its crystal clear and tastes alright. Close proximity to the mountains and the colorado river doesnt hurt.

>Flyovers need not apply
why? Because they have better water?

Because you took the bait.

Memphis, TN

Our water is fine.

I've heard from countless people that NYC has the best tap water in the country.
I've also heard never to drink the tap water in LA.

I assume the midwest has the best water in the country and the south has the worst (besides California)?

I have a well with excellent tasting water so I drink that. I fill bottles and take it with me when I travel or go out for a while.

Yes, because I don't live in a 3rd world country.
Though, under Drumpf, we are becoming one.,

Tampa here, I drink filtered tap water. Straight from the tap it is a little too chlorinated.

Former Califag here. The water in California really varies from town to town. At a friend's parents' place in Bakersfield, it was clear and clean and tasted great.

Just west of LA, in a town that had once been a rocket fuel waste dump... not so much.

why is there a desert over the place that never droughts instead of the place that constantly droughts

Data mining thread
ugh

>tfw too broke to replace my RO filters
Fortunately I live in a well-to-do suburb with pretty good aquifer sourced water.

Why is the left half of the country water, and the right fifth of the country also water? It makes no goddamn sense.

The Northeast has the best water for making bread and lager

didn't they film an episode of to catch a predator in petaluma?

>Flyovers need not apply
But we consistently have the best and most direct access to aquifers?
Or are you completely ignorant on water distribution systems?
People in LA regularly buy huge packs of bottled water because tap is so disgusting there.

>Do you drink the tap water in the USA?
yes
>Which states has the best tap water?
differences in cities matter way more than differences in states
>Are there people who buy bottled water despite having drinkable tap water? Are you one of them? Why?
yes, no, I'm cheap

not as good as the upper midwest though

I have lived in CA for my entire life, all over the damn place.

I have always drank tap water and I have found that as long as it is cold, it is palatable.

Better as iced tea though.

>I have found that as long as it is cold
I can't imagine how much it sucks living in the south

I've also lived in SoCal for most of those years.

Ice is a thing user.

>Ice is a thing user
Yeah, but just the idea that I wouldn't be able to just take a cool drink of water from the tap seems unfortunate.

I dunno, I've lived with it as a fact of life for as long as I've lived.

No it definitely is, midwestern water is better for ales.

Alaska checking in for best water. Siiip.

I went to college on Pittsburgh, and we had two water scares in as many years, the second requiring water to be shutoff at my university and probably where all of the professors' mansions are as well.
I'm pretty sure the blacks and poor whites just drink melted lead every day.
Fortunately water is fantastic back in Montgomery County MD ;)

Take your shit to /leftypol/ where it belongs. This is Veeky Forums

>flyovers need not apply

Nice bait, best water I ever had was from my parent's well out in the middle of nowhere in Missouri

portland, or
tap water is bitchin here

Ut. Good mountain water.

The water is probably the least important reason that living in the south sucks.

>Flyovers need not apply
Is this some kind of new libcuck passive aggression?

just how new are you exactly

Stay mad Cleetus. Have fun giving your inbred kids congenital choleric autism from your shitty well water.

Flyover is the midwest, the south is its own thing

Massachusetts, quabbin

Flyover is literally anything that's not NYC or LA

>There are different types of poorfags
O i am laffin

In a sense it is, but stereotype wise it is solidly midwestern, not that cletus southern shit

The midwest is full of affluent white people, much moreso than most coastal areas

Fuck no. I did research papers on the water in this godforsaken town its shit.

>sub t14 law school graduates
>farmers
>low iq unabomber wannabes
>fucking FARMERS
>Mormons and other subchristian scum
>affluent
AHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAH

I only drink spring water. I don't trust faucet water without a good filter. Just think of how old those pipes are under your house. And how dirty and smelly that water tower really is on the inside.

spoken like a true pinhead

Wait, do you think Utah is in the midwest?

Michigan gets pissed off everytime Leafs and Califags try to sell it to Chinks. Ohio does, too.

utahs alcohol laws are fucking gay, just got back from there for the 2nd or 3rd time. surprisingly though they have some good breweries in slc

Is it west of DC and east of CA?

Asheville, NC. Tapwater is fine, though it tastes very slightly of chlorine. A simple filter takes care of that., though I rarely bother.

I live in North Carolina and my tap water comes out cold every time.

>flyovers need not apply
But Colorado has some of the best water in the county ya dingus

I've lived in both NYC and LA. LA tap water is horrible. NYC tap water varies from great to slightly chlorine tasting kind of randomly. Still better than many (most?) other places I've been in the US. And I've been across the country several times.

lol you drink recycled poop

Phoenix, AZ here.

I guess you can, but it tastes like ass and probably isn't very good for your health. I honestly don't even give it to my pets.

>ex Western NY
The water used to come from the lakes, it was always really refreshing and ice cold.

Now I live in NC and the water here is shite. Takes chlorinated, one week it was particularly bad and I found out because they had a line break and so they upped the chlorination as a precaution. It's fucking gross, and always lukewarm. And I've lived in more than three locations down here.

Chippewa River water master race

I use a two stage carbon filter, tastes fucking great

you guys drink it daily, don't you worry about all the shit in your water?

>not living in a state bordering the great lakes so you can have objectively the best water in the country

>3rd post is my relatively minor north bay town
2spooky

remind me what party was in charge that fucked flint,mi. would ya...

>Drumpf
*golfclap*

t. californian

an actual third world state

You two should meet and fuck

I live in the outskirts of Houston.

The tap water is largely fine. I drink it regularly.

However, I primarily drink bottle water because of the convenience of instantly having a perfectly cold bottle of water, and it tastes a bit better.

I get the 35 pack cases of Great Value bottled water, which is just rebranded Niagara (my favorite brand), for $3.50 at Walmart. I got through 1-2 cases a week and I'm fine paying the small amount of money for basically convenience.

It's a necessity at work, though, as the tap water tastes like straight pool water. I don't know how they fucked it up, but it reeks of chlorine, even more so if it's at any temperature warmer than 35 degrees fahrenheit .

My mother lives in downtown Chicago (the nicer part of town, too), and the tap water is straight undrinkable to me. Everytime I go visit her, I stop by the Mariano's and pick up a couple gallon jugs of their equivalent of Ozarka (think it's Arrowhead).

>Flyovers need not apply
Step back, looks like LA and NYC are going to duke it out for 2nd/3rd shittiest water in the country

>NYC
>shitty water

NYC has some of the best water in the country since they pipe it in from an upstate reservoir. I'm on a well in a flyover area and my water is phenomenal but when I've travelled to NYC, their water is almost as good. Oth, I've been in countless flyover areas where the city water was undrinkable due to the myriad chemicals added.

Why do people with bad water not just install a simple filter instead of paying for overpriced bottled water over and over again?

Immediate price point. You can't put a $75 filtet on layaway but you can buy 20 bottles for $5 immediately

Dubuque, ia fag here our water is pretty good we aren't stupid and use the river water we pull water from the aquifers under it

the Republicans? Is Rick Snyder a Democrat now just because he's an incompetent fuckface?
Even if we look at it from a national perspective the only part of the federal government the Democrats controlled was the Executive branch. the House and Senate were both Republican controlled.
Do you think before you speak or do you just spout the first shitpost that comes to mind?

Utah here. I've seen towns near me get their whole water system infected with E. Coli and the city had to advise people to boil water.

Fucking gottem

NYC has some of the best water in the country.

Nice 3rd world country you got there

San Diego here, I always buy bottled at Trader Joe's (15 x 1.5 L boxes) because it tastes better and is relatively cheap. I don't use a tap filter because I like to put bottles in the fridge for instant cold water later

Why would you willingly expose yourself to fluoridated water? Even with the commonly accepted side effects of fluoride the safety margin for fluoride is razor thin. The evidence for neurotoxicity in early childhood meanwhile is stacking up.

PS. the slim safety margin and neurotoxicity remind me of Paracetamol/Tylenol, another poison we can't seem to get rid of. You'd almost think it's a conspiracy.

kys

My state is different even county to county, but I drink it sometimes when at other peoples houses. My house has its own well and whole-house filtration, softener, etc. Get it tested every so often and its clean as can be.

>Well water master race

Vermont. Our water is perfect.

Born and raised in Seattle here, can confirm the tap water there is god tier. Moved to Milwaukee a while back and it's not as good but is super refreshing when it gets cold outside. Have also been to Pittsburgh where it was abysmal.
Having been through various parts of the west coast and Midwest, I would say you are wrong.

Marysville, Washington 98270 fag here. My tap water is great easily 9/10. Would be 10/10 if not for the sight chlorine taste right it of the tap, it disappears after a few minutes, but still.

I also sometimes buy bottled water for convenience. I don't fall for any of the expensive gimmicks though, i go buy an $0.89/gallon bottle of spring water and just drink from that.

Summer.

Phoenix has the fucking worst.

Harrisburg, PA. I use a Pur filter on mine.

It's true. The only possible way to drink it is to gulp down as much as possible before tasting it. It can make you gag

tap water by state is too broad a topic. non-city NY is different from NY itself. overall, NYC tap is pretty fucking fine. it has a slight bare taste to it but I'm cool.

philly tap is fucking disgusting though, and some suburbs north of the city have water that tastes like shit (until you get to the point where there aren't generally public water sources and everyone uses well water, which is generally great).

>Have also been to Pittsburgh where it was abysmal.
ditto. i've been buying bottled water for like two years.

Ncal here, never fucking drink Socal tap, shits disgusting

If anything, you shouldn't drink Las Vegas Tap Water.

It's literally recycled piss.

Utah reporting in. 30 miles north of SLC, the water is perfect.
Moved to Provo area which is much nicer and cleaner, and it's awful in comparison.
We actually had an entire city where all the restaurants closed down for a day because tap water tested positive with ecoli

Stay mad bitch

American Fork, by chance?

both of you shitstains go back to /pol/. fuck

>no louisville, ky copypasta

In 1904 St Louis hosted the Worlds Fair, but the water supply was brown and dirty. So in the years leading up to the event engineers used a bunch of lime and iron sulfate to make what is now one of the cleanest municipal water supplies in the US