Can you do better than Gywneth "7 limes" Paltrow?

Can you do better than Gywneth "7 limes" Paltrow?

Other urls found in this thread:

playspent.org/html/
youtube.com/watch?v=VpPDVqMltx8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

30 cans of refried beans. A bag of flour to make tortillas. Wa la, delicious bean burritos for a month.

I can do much better than Paltrow but 30 bucks a week is still quite a small amount. Especially for a family.

Not to say that we need to give out more money to bums, just that 30 bucks isn't a lot of money.

>this is what rich people think poor people eat

kek the delusion is unreal

i know i can make a fuck ton of chicken alfredo pasta + salad + bread that fed me for week for about 8 bucks

>7 limes

>you would literally get more food just spending your $29 on mcchickens only

toplel

>spending 15% of the budget on a fucking avocado
Much worse than 70 cents worth of limes- if this broad had picked up any rice than the limes could have made it really sing.

i want to say this must be so that other rich people can fully realize what 29$ worth of "rich people food" actually looks like, and realize that it isn't very much, but i know she's just being retarded.

Also I think that this also highlights the whole "eating healthy is cheap" retardation that people keep parroting

>A dozen limes can be as cheap as 98 cents
>each lime has 20 calories
>Buy 25 dozen limes with 25 dollars
>That's 6,000 calories of limes
>spend the remaining 4 dollars on a 5 pound bag of flour
>That's 8,000 calories
>14,000 calories
>2,000 per day
I don't know, seems reasonable to me.

>Not eating flour paste
>Spending more than 10$ a month on food

I still want to believe she was trolling with this.

The eggs, tortillas, beans and some of the vegetables weren't terrible choices. I would have added a very small amount of meat (bacon, since a tiny amount is a lot of flavor), more frozen vegetables, rice, oats and some cheap fruit.

Considering SNAP ("Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program") is not meant to be the sole source of money for food for a family (hence the "supplemental" part), literally anyone can do better than Paltrow because she doesn't understand what she's doing.

I work for the state agency that adminsters SNAP as well as other public assistance programs. A single person with no income or expenses gets $194 dollars a month in SNAP. A three person household gets $511. They don't have to spend $29 a week.

Oh and they probably spend it all on potato chips and soda.

SNAP stands for supplemental nigger assistance program, key word supplemental.

save up for a bag of sugar and you could rock lime pastries all week

"I could take this money, I could feed myself for a month. I buy milk, I buy flour, I buy vitamins, I boil them down into little energy balls to sustain me." ~ Charlie Kelly

i spent $30 earlier today on pack of butcher bacon, pint each of blueberries and raspberries, quart each of peaches and pums

how did i do?

it is if you're not stupid

just buy a fuckload of peanut butter and rice or potatoes

you can live for years on that shit

I seriously hope you're trolling because if this is where my taxes are going I'm going to fucking kill someone.

Eating healthy is cheap in 95% of the world, because the cheapest food happens to be fruit/veggies/beans/etc. that are sold directly to the public. In America, most of those products are sold to manufacturers as ingredients or as feed for livestock, so very little of it actually makes it to the public, making it much more expensive for most people to eat healthy foods consistently

The amount varies by state and in some the person needs to work at least part time to get it. And from what I saw they seem to spend it all on frozen pizza and soda.

Technically speaking SNAP is meant to be supplemental so that poor people can actually afford things like fresh fruit and vegetables and the like, but in practice it tends to end up most of their food budget. I think they should limit what it can buy back to fruit, vegetables, meat, dairy, grains and legumes and cut out stuff like soda and junk. It won't happen because soda lobbyists work too hard for that to happen though.

I know right?

>what's for dinner tonight mom?
>lettuce and egg with peas honey

You are describing common eating habits, but don't imply that inexpensive staples aren't available in America. Walk into any supermarket or wal-mart and you can easily find rice, beans, produce, etc.

The real difference is not availability of food, but rather the lack of cooking knowledge and wide availability of cheap junk food.

Save about $5 for the grilled charlie budget

Not trolling, but like the other user said, it varies by state.

The avocado has no business being in that pic. That's $3-4 right there.

She's a rich celebrity trying to appeal to the peasants. Of course she has no idea what she's doing.

>don't ration out food to the poors
>they buy frozen pizza and soda
>ration out food to your comrades
>they create the greatest empire of the 20th century
Rally gujogs my gulags

You take issue with the avocado but not the seven limes?

>"""ration""" out """food""" to your comrades
>millions starve to death
>decades of brutally killing millions who want to leave your wasteland
>collapse
What did he mean by this?

I'm gonna try this this weekend. Might report back. Of course I'll use my own money. I'm no leech.

Flour, rice, beans, oil, tomatoes, pasta, eggs, a chicken breast, less than $20

Wa la

>$29

If you live in LA like Gwyneth Paltrow, that will buy you about 3 organic bananas at Whole Foods

seven limes only cost seven dimes

Not him but depending on location limes can be pretty cheap, all seven may have cost just a dollar and they can provide a lot of flavor for several people. Avocados on the other hand are always expensive, at the very cheapest that one would cost like $2 and is only good for one meal, and likely not enough for an entire family. The limes weren't the smartest choice but they also weren't necessarily the worst.

I think she was in NY for this though so I don't know how that affects lime prices.

retard

are those eggs to put in her vagina?

>don't ration out food
>millions starve to death
>decades of letting in Muslims who want to destroy your country
>collapse
What did you mean by this?
Faggot

>$4.15 avocado
It's time to leave the bay area, you fucking idiot

you can get 20 hotdogs and 20 drinks at costco

better off getting like 20 packs of bar s dogs then spend the rest on soda and rolls

Holy shit idk why this made me laugh but it's true.

I imagine in the US the Junior Chickens and McDoubles are only a dollar since here in Canada they're like $1.39, so ya, you'd be doing alright for a week if you just bought those.

mcdoubles are 1.49 aprox or 2 for 2.50 in the US

>Be in charge of rationing food to all people

>Hire retarded scientist Lysenko

>Comrade what should we plant to feed the proletariat

>Just let weeds grow in nature

>But comrade, should we not plant wheat, corn, potatoes, tomatoes??

>No comrade, all plants evolve from weeds, if we need wheat the weeds will evolve into wheat

>100 million people starve to death

wew lads.

>yfw this is a true story

>i'll pretend it never happened!

>He hasn't become a sage yet and transcended to a foodless lifestyle

I just drink water from public water fountains. Haven't eaten since 2009.

please don't oppress me with facts you entitled cunt

>always sunny
>funny
Is it 2011?

they are also going to roads, bridges, policemen, firemen, schools and other public services. But yes get triggered over a few pennies going to people in need

>tfw no qt communist gf

this whore named her daughter Apple, do you really expect her to understand anything about the rest of the world

USSR weeds out cucks by letting them die, USA weeded them out by forced sterilization. Two sides of the same coin. Everyone in the west was wrong about evolution in Lysenko's time since they were Darwinists (no I'm not a crazy Lysenkoist or creationist, Darwinism is a bad name for the modern theory of evolution), and you still have Lamarckians in the West.
>there was no newspaper article announcing the death of capitalism at the hand of the welfare state so it didn't happen
>we don't literally have gulags so we don't kill millions
>the West isn't dead in the water unless Jesus tells me so
lmaoing at you're life

$1.49 before tax or after...? Which state?

We don't have any special deals on Value Picks here. Just $1.39 plus tax for the value sandwiches AFAIK. Which accounting for currency value differences means ours are cheaper somehow.

iktf

>Everyone in the west was wrong about evolution in Lysenko's time since they were Darwinists (no I'm not a crazy Lysenkoist or creationist, Darwinism is a bad name for the modern theory of evolution), and you still have Lamarckians in the West.

And yet every country in the western hemisphere managed to avoid people starving to death, because they didn't believe that plants spontaneously evolve into whatever you wish for, but Lysenko did.

I'd let her seize my means of production.

This is the REAL challenge. Are you a bad enough dude to last a MONTH in (American) poverty?
playspent.org/html/

>no potatoes
>no rice
>no noodles
No attempt at all to buy cheap, calorie dense food. Eggs are fine, but of course when you spend your income on overpriced """""organic"""""" vegetables, you can't feed yourself properly. What, she thinks poor people just eat like, boiled leeks and raw tomatoes for every meal?

And when American scientists were right, they created the longest and most dangerous Mexican standoff in history. American scientific development throughout the 20th century until the late 70s is one long human rights violation. The difference between the Lysenko and the US's scientists is that Lysenko caused harm by accident.
I'm the first to admit that the USSR did unique things that were bad, but to claim they were especially bad is to be incredibly ideological and anti-intellectual

You could get 1700 calories per day off of mcdoubles for $30

Gwyneth Paltrow thinks "organic" is anything other than a scam to raise the profits of grocery stores. Who cares what that mousy twat thinks?

2 gallons of milk = $5
Bag of rice = $2
Box of pasta = $1
Bag of brown sugar = $2
Cylinder of oatmeal = $2
2.5lb bag of chicken = $4
1lb of ground beef = $3
Eggs = $2
Bag of beans = $2
Jar of sauce = $2

...that leaves $4 left for broccoli or other greens.

>Lysenko caused harm by accident.
>Communism kills people accidentally.

Remember the Holodomor? That was a good time.
Bodies in the streets, people reduced to cannibalism, eating their own children.
Classic.

3 pounds of ground beef - $9
Two loaves of bread - $2
Half pound of cheddar at deli - $4
Bag of potatoes - $2-3
Dozen eggs - $3
Margarine - $3
Half pound German Bologna - $2.50
Condiments - free saved from fast food places.
4 Hungryman/Boston Market TV dinners - $12
Noodles and spaghetti sauce - $3

This is what I used to get when wageslave, still not too far off from what I get now.

>you should be happy to feed neet wasters!

50 pounds of potatoes - $19
beer - $10

Imagine the state of the person posting this on a cooking board.

Easily. I only see three things in that picture that I would buy if I were living on an extreme budget (beans, sweet potato, eggs). I'm sick of all these idiot liberals buying premium fresh produce in these stupid welfare grocery experiments. I'm honestly surprised I still haven't seen sushi trays in any of these yet.

Shut your lying, degenerate mouth. youtube.com/watch?v=VpPDVqMltx8

>bag of rice = $2
>box of pasta =$1
>bag of brown sugar = $2
>2.5lb bag of chicken = $4
>dozen eggs =$2
nigger what

Spent half on potatoes the rest on frizen veg and you're fucking golden mate.

What an insightful person you are user

Top of the mornin to ya

Good post

do you live in brazil or something? where are you getting chicken for under 2 dollars a pound? Maybe if you buy Tyson skinless breasts for 21 bucks and get 10 pounds and thats still buying in bulk + not under 2 dollars a pound.

>that image
>implying nobody starved to death/died because of shitty infrastructure and dirty water
due to communism
HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHA

No point in wasting all that money on sugar, just buy some fruit.

Skinless boneless is always more expensive than skin and bone in

Literally a lie or some shit. I had people spending $100+ a week in EBT at publix.

>everyone has the same opportunities and abilities as me, I would rather the poor be forced to turn to crime that giving them basic human necessities

>do you live in brazil or something?
no i'm just a flyover

fruit doesn't mix with oatmeal, plus most fruit is overrated.

EBT is a little over $100 a person on the plan for normal people.

t. grad student that just got in the program

Niggers put their whole neighborhood on their welfare those niggers probably had literally 8+ dependents claimed.

>he goes to college he can't afford only to end up on nigger bux

You might as well have gone strait into nigger bux and saved some time and money LMAO

Computer Science grads are doing pretty well, and its stupid to not take advantage of programs meant exactly for you

>The real difference is not availability of food, but rather the lack of cooking knowledge and wide availability of cheap junk food.
>cheap junk food
Cheap-looking junk good, you mean. It looks cheap initiallu, because the average shopper doesn't understand how to break down costs into a per meal/per day basis.

Produce and fresh protein options can look expensive when set directly next to frozen meals, but too few people have the cooking knowledge to be able to tell themselves "If I spend "more" on the essentials, I can make enough to eat all week, rather than if I spent the same amount on just pre-made meals."

$1.39 for a Mcdouble sounds good if you don't know how to cook, but once you do, and you look at the price per burger at that same size you realize you could make them yourself for pennies to the dollar.

People on food assistance programs would greatly benefit from some basic cooking instruction courses, so that they can learn to see the savings to ve had by cooking their own meals, and how to best stretch their dollar.

>$1.39 for a Mcdouble sounds good if you don't know how to cook, but once you do, and you look at the price per burger at that same size you realize you could make them yourself for pennies to the dollar.

Your analysis is bullshit unless you're willing to eat those burgers for weeks on end and have enough money to truly buy stuff in bulk, don't care about taste/your time is worthless. There are savings to be had for instance on packing a sandwich at home for lunch, but it will be a shitty sandwich that won't compare to even a shitty subway sandwich. Buying in bulk really doesn't start becoming a true deal until you're feeding a family. Even as a couple you're barely doing better.

>feed wasters so they can sit around watching to while you work 9 hours a day
College student please go get a job and kindly fuck off preaching to people who are also paying for your Womans Studies degree

>he doesn't fry his own beans
how are you today mr. rockefeller

>Doing a job he hates and barely being paid for it
>So angry and miserable that he cares about a small amount of his taxes being wasted on a nearly nonexistent problem, when most of the government money is going to war on continents he'll never be able to afford to get within a 1000 miles of.

Sounds like you fucked up by becoming a car mechanic in your small town

>projecting so hard it's comical
>redditspacing

I work maybe 6 hours a day from home and make more than you, sorry you fell for the wagecuck meme

>im rich i swear
The one true way to spot a poorfag. How's living in a trailer treating you Cletus?

snap is closer to 50 bucks a weak

From Walmart's website, since as far as I know Amazon be raycis n shiet n don' exxxep dem good boy bux KAWMSAYN and it's a pretty good country-wide indicator for US food prices:

>5 lbs. long-grain rice, $2.32, ~8,500 Cal
>4 lbs. pinto beans, $3.69, 6,350 Cal
>10 lbs. all-purpose flour, $2.77, ~16,500 Cal
>1 lb. dry split peas, $2.00, ~1,500 Cal
>40 oz peanut butter, ~2.00, ~6,500 Cal
For fun:
>5 spices (your pick), $5.00
>Lime juice, 15 oz, ~$2.00
>4 cans diced tomatoes, ~$6.00 at ~$0.75 each
>Vegetable oil, 48 oz, ~$2.00, ~12,000 Cal

TOTAL COST: $27.78
TOTAL CALORIES: 51,350

Assuming that this is a standard nuclear household of husband, wife, son and daughter, and that this isn't a single mom and daughter episode or a welfare queen with 7 hungry manchildren, we can say that the man needs 2,000 calories a day, the wife needs 1,700, and the two children 1,500 each.

Assuming this, the amount needed is 46,900, which is met and surpassed by our caloric total, even including a selection of seasonings so our poor family doesn't blow their brains out, and keeping things perfectly vegan, with enough lime juice to keep Paltrow's mouth shut.

HERE'S THE KICKER:
Assuming our family isn't blending the spices with the oil and drinking that instead of the staples, or burying their food in the bog, many of our ingredients will rollover unspoiled onto the next week, meaning our four friends can keep adding food to their pantry and varying their diet as their collection expands. This also allows them to prepare for emergency situations or cook a recipe every once in a while - finally making them plump, round and food-secure.

Also veganism is cheap fuck you, silver-spoon cunts like this give it a bad name.

>being butthurt over helping your fellow man
some of us can afford it, sorry to hear about your lower-middle class status