Are they good guys helping people get interested with science or just hacks?

Are they good guys helping people get interested with science or just hacks?

Neil is alright sometimes, but Nye is 100% hack that goes with the wind.

thay are just memes who are paid to make kids think physics and maths are so cool, but when they try to do physics/maths in college the reality hits them hard and they learn that they are just brainlets who are "Interested" in science

One of them took 30 years to admit that he likes stuff in his anus and the other doesn't even have formal high academic education.
makes you think

Hey! They might just be "Science Guys" but they have more honorary degrees than all the degrees held by participants of this board! Maybe show some respect will ya?

CUT OFF YOUR CHILDS PENIS

Nye LITERALLY has just a Bachelors degree in Engineering.
He is in no position to educate anyone about "science", all he can do is misinform people.

fpbp
Neil is a bro with PhD in astrophysics and has accomplishments.
Nye is a bachelor's of engineering who takes SJW to a new level.

>Neil
A published researcher and doctor in physics. I think he has good intentions. He just wants to make science more available. The problem is that he has mild autism, the kind you typically find in STEM classrooms. It is clear that he doesn't really understand social media or even social interaction which is why he comes off as cringy on twitter. That is fine though, we can't really hate someone for having autism. And I think that your picture is just a symptom of this autism. He thinks he needs to make science look cool for the typical reddit audience and believe me, redditfags will look at that and jerk off. But when you have an actual serious person looking at it from the outside like us, it just looks cringy. Autism all over the place.

>Bill Nye
A FUCKING ENGINEER. Just that should be enough to tell you that his word is worth less than shit. But he is also a sellout for whoever pays the most which makes him even worse. His fame was a mistake. It should have never happened.

nye is 100% hack. tyson is only worshiped by people who don't study science, in my experience. he has some published research, but not much. a better "popularizer" than nye but pretty meh in terms of actual research output.

the popularizers from before were so much better. at least sagan's work had a pretty big impact on space missions, not to mention feynman who was a nobel laureate in physics. at least those two actually did some impactful work before going in the public sphere. nye literally got a fucking mechE degree and then started doing television. tyson published maybe 10 papers that nobody gives a fuck about and also started doing television.

second post is best post

what did he mean by this

They are both hacks.

One is a hack who had his own tv show.

The other is a typical scientist but has been propped up because he's black.

That's it.

>Tyson
Good person. Better at getting people interested in science than Nye. Has done a lot of good stuff in astrophysics. His book for people in a hurry is decent. He just comes off as cringey and tries too hard, same with Nye.

>Nye
Dude probably has good intentions but tries to pander to the sjwish audience. He seems like a sellout. The gender spectrum was cringe af was sad to see veritasium standing there like a dummy. His show overall was good tho.

>overall they’re good guys but the trying too hard is one of the reasons conservatives are ‘skeptical’ of science.

>Grape Riddler and black science man
no

Hacks.
>BILL NYE GUY PIE
With Bill Nye, it's pretty obvious why he's so shit due to the timeline we're in (his new show and all that jazz). However for the sake of argument let's not focus on his latest work. Let's assume his latest series never aired. He's still a retard.
>Science Guy
Not even a scientist. He's an actor with a robe on. Literally only reason people love him is because millennial Americans used to watched him in tube TVs. As some normie on Reddit said it, the real star of his show back then was the retarded voice that kept talking to him. His editor was his real hero. His editor made him a star. Without the voiceovers and edits he's just a normalfag explaining basic shit to kids. Nothing special at all
>Reddit & self entitlement
Speaking of Reddit, according le millennial memers on that website, Bill Nye the Fucking Die guy is a douche IRL. I personally didn't think much of this as I genuinely didn't care who he was until some American I knew told me about his encounter with Bill Nye. This American (hereby referred to as D) is an actual scientist, and he apparently loved Bill Nye. One day in LA, D sees Nye and gets excited. He doesn't want to be a dick or anything so he walks to him just say say hi and tell him how he played a huge role in his career. The moment D says hi to him, Nye rolls his eyes and sighes and walks away.
This anecdotal story wouldn't be relevant if it weren't for the hundreds of Redditors (I visited and read a lot about Nye on Reddit when his show first aired) who share similar experiences. Overall Nye acts like he's top-Chad and above everyone else. He can't see the fact that he's a fucking actor that only got famous because his studio was decent (and American children are kinda dumb)

>NEIL THE GRASS TYSON
This guy was basically a highschool chad (pic related). I'll rant about him in the next post.

>serious person like us
>like us
>us
>US
Jesus Christ, you realize that this board, albeit relatively decent, has a significant portion of participant (unfortunately the loudest one ) still in fucking high school.
I swear the amount of autism I be seen on this board if it has a negative could cure the entire universe. You and most people on this board ain't shit.

They're more like science promoters than actual scientists. Not that it's a bad thing, science should be more widely taught and encouraged among the younger generations, but their position of "smart man who teaches us stuff" means that their word is treated like law.
Which is dangerous, as when the person behind the camera decides they want to change the script, whatever they want to be science becomes science to the public.

>>NEAL THE FRENCH NEGROID TYSONUS

I don't understand why Americans like this guy in the first place. Was he featured in a big time documentary like Sagan? I don't fucking know. All I know is that this guy is a literal ape, and I'm not saying that because he's black (contrary to my spelling of his name, I'm not actually racist). I'm saying it because he treats science the way an ape would. The moment he understands something he starts screaming (and normies gather around to listen to him), and meanwhile he adds his own bullshit opinions to the mix. Once he was talking about how we could be simulations and shit (classic "le deep conversation" meme) and he drops the most retarded shit I've heard.
>I think we're like the science project of a higher dimensional alien high-school kid and we're like his science fair project. When he feels like it he changes something to see what happens.
Now aside from this being pretty fucking autistic, let's talk about that last part. "Changing something". What could that be? A constant? Could it be the speed of light? the perfect gas constant? the Fine Structure Constant? No. Not at all. He thinks that "changing something" is electing Trump. What the actual fuck.
>His Twitter
I'm not even going to rant about this due to his twitter being widely accepted as Autism Central. But if you ever feel like it, visit the "I'm very smart" subreddit and search for "Neil DeGrasse Tyson". The fucking moderators on the sub reddit had to ban submissions from his twitter because there were just too many and it felt like the reddit was being spammed.

To sum it up, Neil The Science Chad is a fucking tool. He likes science because "science... dude..." and he pretends that he understands everything. Literally him:
>Why do we need philosophers in this age lol... Actually you know what, we don't need this many laws. Just one law is okay: Every decision made must depend on evidence
This fucking guy questions why philosophy is still a thing (cont.)

(cont) and then proceeds to pretend he understands thousands of years worth of political knowledge better than anyone else because he's a fucking """"scientists"""". He literally thinks he's the best because he understands -some- science. In fact, -some- astrophysics.
Fuck Neil.

Tyronius is a brainlet, he has the pretentiousness of an edgy teenager.

Are these two a couple now or something?

>triggered discipline

Literally both.

Because he looks like a cartoon charecter.

why do we hate Nye again?

dresses like an autist, thinks boys are girls

Pros
>get normies interested in science
>bumps funding for science foundations (celeb appeal, more profitability)

Cons
>every I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE kid thinks they're a qualified astrophysicist because they watched cosmos
>injects stupid politics into science
>complete autism especially on twitter
>smugness
>less "scientists" and more "people who do science" (pic related)

They are trying to make science seem cool and sexy for the people who are attracted to cool or sexy things. They might be getting people interested but I think they attracting people that have the wrong motivations to begin with.

This and this.