Why doesn't McDonald's in America sell alcohol?

Why doesn't McDonald's in America sell alcohol?

In France and Germany McDonald's sells beer.
In most of Europe, really. And in South Korea as well.

In Argentina, McDonald's just started selling wine.

What makes it different in America?

Other urls found in this thread:

sixthseal.com/2012/06/only-in-germany-beer-and-bubble-tea-at-mcdonalds/
youtube.com/watch?v=rGy0R3X_qhU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In America the poor tend to be very religious

Very religious people are opposed to alcohol

>very religious people are opposed to alcohol
Snackbar detected

Liquor license, liability, age of employees.

In America most bartenders are over 21, most other patrons are. Bartender is expected to cut someone off if obnoxiously drunk. Most times other patrons agree call a cab for him.

If McDonalds served it it would be a 40 year old man slapping his dick on the counter and demanding a shot with scared 16 year olds hoping to not get raped.

Tl;Dr

Cultural and legal difference

Mcdonalds is "fast food" in america, AKA people get it to go or eat it and leave. Most people who go to mcdonalds dont eat it like they would eat restaurant food, so alcohol would seemingly promote drinking and driving.

Sorry I don't know what that means. Is it some kind of regional insult?

Pic related, the most religious places have the most ridiculous views on alcohol

Cultural Christian kys
Alcohol necessarily leads to degeneracy.

because certain americans are unable to hold their alcohol

>americucks in charge of understanding religion
>jesus turns water into wine as a miracle
>hurr durr alcohol is bad
You fuckers are plain retarded. Take your Puritianical understandings your Prohibition and leave.

>water into wine
Puritian there is a reason you and your ilk were fucking thrown out of Europe.

Imagine being at a McDonalds in the shit part of town. Now imagine being there when they serve alcohol. That's why.

But McDonald's In Eurostan already serves alcohol

never thought about it really, the average American is more of a binge/social drinker than a glass of wine or beer with lunch drinker

>ask for information
>get mad when information given
Facts are pretentious, that about right?

Good question, actually. Another good question is why it took them so long decide to start delivering in America.

Not a lot of fast food places here in general sell alcohol. I know Chipotle sells beer. Anybody know of other places that sell booze?

First of all because America has a no drinking until 21 policy
Also you don't want teenagers serving alcohol without no adult supervision, working in McDonald's at 16 is an American thing, in the rest of the world McDonald's hires adults
Also getting a lisence to sell alcohol can be a nightmare, imagine trying to get one for every single McDonald's restaurant in the country

>No data
>WHAT IS GEORGIA HIDING?!

On topic though, biggest reason I can think of is that most McDonald's visitors in the US by far are Drive-thru or drove themselves and their kids, which probably affects the demand.

because the information he gave was completely and totally irrelevant to the question, and also generally false in its own right. mcdonalds does not serve alcohol in the Us due to various federal,state level, and county level laws are ordinances. Literally nothing to do with religion whatsoever.

Faggot.

Delivery is kind of a pain in the ass for McDonald's, most people just go through the drive through or take Jamal's kids to eat there
Local McDonald's stopped doing itseven years ago I think, I was one of the only costumers they had so they sent me ten cupons for a free big size burger with medium fries and potatoes, one of the few times McDonald's did not suck, hell I once made it to the ten costumers of the month list and got a thank you note but that's another story

*niggers*

He's memeing, Snackbar is a corruption of Ackbar. As in ALLA HU ACKBAR! as in Muslim.
Drinking culture and religion has a weird relationship in America. Due to our puritanical origins, our home grown Protestants, Quakers, and Baptists tend to see alcohol as a corruptible vice. At the same time, it's a huge part of the culture, especially in the south.

In Charleston, SC, which they call the Holy City because there are so many fucking churches here (it's not a meme either, there are at least two sizable ones on my fucking street alone, they are EVERYWHERE) people drink like FISH. Yet at the same time it's not a huge party city - almost everything closes at 10, and most bars shutter up at 2 am. Beer and Wine can be purchased at any gas station or grocery store, but for anything classified as liqueur you got to go to a specialty Red Dot store that has a licence from the state- and the number of licences available is limited and they are hard to get. But drinking is so involved in everything here, when I did my University internship through a Baptist Uni, I had to sign a specific waiver saying I would not drink alcohol on the job, nor were my EMPLOYERS allowed to GIVE me alcohol. Keep in mind i'm fucking 28 at the time. And SC is considered a 'wet' state.

As shows, there's a large belt of counties where prohibition never really completely ended. After the act was struck down by the Supreme Court, authority on the matter was remanded to local state and county governments, some who chose to continue enforcing the laws for various cultural (or economic) reasons.

This county to county clusterfuck contributes to why McDonald's and other outlets don't sell beer, because the regulations are different from zip-code to zip-code, and whole alcohol licences are generally handled on the state level it's still a headache and 50 different sets of rules to handle.

cont.
Culturally speaking, America isn't very social when it comes to drinking. I know this sounds strange, but we just don't have the same pub culture that sprang up in Europe, that went out a long time ago (prohibition being the death knell). We have private clubs of course, hell speakeasies from the time of prohibition are famous, but in general we shifted to more 'low key' approaches to drinking. Obviously we have clubs, public events (especially sporting events), bars, etc, but the vast majority of Americans will get their booze at the store and drink it in the privacy of their homes. This probably has something to do with the lingering ghost of prohibition and our puritanical origins. Also our car culture, which leads to a hilarious amount of death from drunk driving accidents. We also still have several large and powerful anti-alchohol social actions groups, such as MADD (Moms Against Drunk Driving) who, for their own personal or anecdotal reasons, still see alchohol as one of the chiefest of societies ills.

Booze in America suffers from a soft stigma as well as a mystique, it's considered a right of passage and a ubiquitous sin. It's the 'guilty' pleasure 'everyone' partakes in, like masturbation but more appropriate to talk about in public. This kind of relationship with alcohol tends to lead to problems, which only further increases the stigma/mystique.

Imagine how awesome it would be to get to the drive through window, hand over your cash...get a Big Mac, 20 pack of chicken nuggers and a few road beers...
It's like I've gone 30 years back in time...and they were some very good times indeed...

Prohibition is still very fresh in the national conscience.

I don't think we'll ever get over it.

>americucks in charge of understanding religion
>literally unable to read a book
>a book where the relationship they can have with alcohol is given to them
>get triggered when non retards laugh at them
Sorry about your sub 100 IQ user

Literally the only people who want non-pizza fast food delivered are stoners who get too high to drive regularly

I'm not a religious person. Why can't Europeans have a civilized conversation about culture without raving about "snackbars" and insulting people's literacy?

we can't have unruly feral nignogs fucking up our mickey dees. that's why we gave them the burger kangz to destroy.

>Americans
>Free
Pick one

>Germany McDonald's sells beer.
no it doesn't

Yes it does.

€1.99

sixthseal.com/2012/06/only-in-germany-beer-and-bubble-tea-at-mcdonalds/

Ich wantz a Royale with cheese, ein Mc'zwei Mcdubble. Dontz furgutten mein napkins.

Meine Fraulein Anne vants a kids nuggie happie meals deal. Let's keep it kosher yeah, she's juden ja? Hush hush. Don't forgetzen da happy meal toy, ja?

>a Royale with cheese
youtube.com/watch?v=rGy0R3X_qhU

Why get a shitty beer from maccas in Korea when you can get a 500ml can of guiness for like $3 from a 7/11 next door

>>WHAT IS GEORGIA HIDING?!
Peach moonshine and cousinfucking

>just in mendoza
well fuck
I'm sticking to mostaza then

If you've been to some of the mcds at night you'd know exactly why selling beer there is a bad idea.

Pip pip old boy have a (you)

because this is the land of free baby

we are retarded in america, about drugs and alcohol and enforcing morality and religion on people. Meanwhile we defend our rights to do it, like it makes us free. Free to enforce BS on others.
But the ones who want to force morality the most, don't want to force health care on people. Kind of weird. If republicans would try to bring back free health care clinics for the poor, and insurance for those who want it only, I bet they could get that passed.

wtf i love mcdonalds now

>What makes it different in America?

We drive to mcdonalds.

Have you ever 'plugged' mcdonalds into youtube?

You wanna throw alcohol into that mix?

This chart is fucking stupid. UTAH. Where is Utah, land of the Zion curtains? Where are all the Indian reservations that are dry (because Rug Indians can't handle their firewater)?

Licensing laws and culture.

Giving women the vote. Literally.
Puritan America wouldn't have ever happened without them.

>Liquor license
this is the same for México in case you wonder, if you are paying 10k a year for selling booze you might as well do it right and profit

So much stupid shit wouldn't have happened.

Hell, I'll give up the franchise myself if it meant I could still have the freedoms people used to enjoy.

100% this

Wait, why would Hitler date Anne Frank and take her to McDonald's out of all places?

Some fast food (maybe not drive thru though) places have beer. I think shake shack and chipotle have it.

>lists Michigan as "partially dry"

You've got to be fucking kidding.

>Some fast food (maybe not drive thru though) places have beer. I think shake shack and chipotle have it.
Both of these chains are called "fast casual"' and not fast food, however.

A TON of fast casual have alcohol.

And, I think that answers it for OP. Fast casual is where the American market is at right now. Serving alcohol at them is more the norm. But, liquor laws in the US are locally approved, and as such, not every restaurant that wants to serve alcohol will be allowed at some locations. They might just be too close to a competitor who has a license. The local ordinances might forbid it somehow in certain language like no ID checks at a door, or being open on Sunday, etc.

I have been to Chipotles with and without alcohol. It's not just a chain mentality.

>if you are paying 10k a year for selling booze you might as well do it right and profit
And the bond can be upwards of 150k-300k in some places.

Because you've proven yourself illiterate by being unable to follow the conversation leading to this back. Also being invaded by an outside culture tends to make you think of them. Same deal with you and Mexicans.

im curious why its not served in Australia. im willing to be the uk is the same even though they have infinite pubs

Yes, McDonalds doesn't sell beer here.

I think it's licensing laws.

Because alcohol is degenerate but BIG FUCKIN MACS are not

tell me about that burger though

That looks pretty gud.

>tfw no beer at mcdonalds in finland
not fair

In all honesty, we have a lot of black people. Go on youtube and look up "mcdonalds fight" and you'll get thousands of hits. Those are the worst of the worst while relatively sober.

because thats stupid. If you live in an american city where a mcdonalds and a liquor store are not within 5 miles of each other than your city sucks and you should move

in Australia idk, its easy to get a alcohol liscence. even nandos has one. my thought is "think of the children" who'll eventually get pissed at a party anyway.

thats not the point, theres a mcdonalds 20 meters from a liquor store near me yet if someone wants a hamburger and beer theyre sol unless they go home by which time the foods gonna be cold. considering too that mcdonalds here actually makes decent burgers (the cyot range)

Why do Eurofags make everything look like and artsy fucking tralala its a burger joint not a place where Phillipe and Pierre to sit down for a cigarette Jesus motherfucking Christ guys.

depends on the store but in bigger cities most of them do.

t. frankfurt

Stick to Olive Garden for your fine dining, matey.

You can get better burgers pretty much everywhere in Yurope. Even if you live in Bumfucking nowhere, there is at least one guy who sells fastfood better than McDonalds. Not to mention the shit ton of local Kebab shacks. McDonalds needs to pretend it's fancy to even have a small chance at surviving.